The first sign of maturity is the discovery that the volume knob also turns to the left.

tech / rec.bicycles.tech / Re: Cheap Look pedals

SubjectAuthor
* Cheap Look pedalsTom Kunich
`* Re: Cheap Look pedalsRoger Merriman
 `* RE: Re: Cheap Look pedalsTom Kunich
  `* Re: Cheap Look pedalsRoger Merriman
   `* Re: Cheap Look pedalsNFN Smith
    `- Re: Cheap Look pedalsRoger Merriman

1
Cheap Look pedals

<bqHHN.683383$p%Mb.350333@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=102675&group=rec.bicycles.tech#102675

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
From: cyclintom@yahoo.com (Tom Kunich)
Subject: Cheap Look pedals
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2024 17:44:39 GMT
 by: Tom Kunich - Mon, 11 Mar 2024 17:44 UTC

Look is presently making a really cheap Keo pedal with which the mechanism does not contain a spring but rather the rear flex is created by the locking mechanism being connected to the with a flexible
plastic molding. It seems to work pretty good though I don't know anything about the longevity.

Re: Cheap Look pedals

<BKYHN.1654186$am1.1377491@fx06.ams4>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=102685&group=rec.bicycles.tech#102685

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: Cheap Look pedals
From: roger@sarlet.com (Roger Merriman)
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2024 13:26:57 GMT
 by: Roger Merriman - Tue, 12 Mar 2024 13:26 UTC

Tom Kunich <cyclintom@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Look is presently making a really cheap Keo pedal with which the
> mechanism does not contain a spring but rather the rear flex is created
> by the locking mechanism being connected to the with a flexible
> plastic molding. It seems to work pretty good though I don't know
> anything about the longevity.

Which one? Not that I use clipless though I have used SPD’s in the past.

Do seem to have more material flex in bike stuff of late, be that seat
posts to Laff suspension forks, and the hover bar and what not.

Roger Merriman

RE: Re: Cheap Look pedals

<hzZHN.90689$zF_1.61460@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=102691&group=rec.bicycles.tech#102691

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
From: cyclintom@yahoo.com (Tom Kunich)
Subject: RE: Re: Cheap Look pedals
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2024 14:23:09 GMT
 by: Tom Kunich - Tue, 12 Mar 2024 14:23 UTC

On Tue Mar 12 13:26:57 2024 Roger Merriman wrote:
> Tom Kunich <cyclintom@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Look is presently making a really cheap Keo pedal with which the
> > mechanism does not contain a spring but rather the rear flex is created
> > by the locking mechanism being connected to the with a flexible
> > plastic molding. It seems to work pretty good though I don't know
> > anything about the longevity.
> >

> Which one? Not that I use clipless though I have used SPD?s in the past.
>
> Do seem to have more material flex in bike stuff of late, be that seat
> posts to Laff suspension forks, and the hover bar and what not.
>
> Roger Merriman

They are called Look Keo Flex but the mechanism simply makes me too nervous since I might be 30 or more miles from home and don't want a mechanism failing and me having to walk home or wait for a ride. So I put them on a shelf to use on a grocery store bike.

Re: Cheap Look pedals

<mV_HN.3027265$2zI9.2861460@fx15.ams4>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=102696&group=rec.bicycles.tech#102696

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
From: roger@sarlet.com (Roger Merriman)
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2024 15:54:58 GMT
 by: Roger Merriman - Tue, 12 Mar 2024 15:54 UTC

Tom Kunich <cyclintom@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Tue Mar 12 13:26:57 2024 Roger Merriman wrote:
>> Tom Kunich <cyclintom@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>> Look is presently making a really cheap Keo pedal with which the
>>> mechanism does not contain a spring but rather the rear flex is created
>>> by the locking mechanism being connected to the with a flexible
>>> plastic molding. It seems to work pretty good though I don't know
>>> anything about the longevity.
>>>

>> Which one? Not that I use clipless though I have used SPD?s in the past.
>>
>> Do seem to have more material flex in bike stuff of late, be that seat
>> posts to Laff suspension forks, and the hover bar and what not.
>>
>> Roger Merriman
>>

> They are called Look Keo Flex but the mechanism simply makes me too
> nervous since I might be 30 or more miles from home and don't want a
> mechanism failing and me having to walk home or wait for a ride. So I put
> them on a shelf to use on a grocery store bike.

Not listed on Look’s site which made me suspicious its possibly
discontinued.

https://bikerumor.com/new-look-keo-flex-clipless-pedal-aimed-at-beginners-still-really-light/

Ie 2012 rather than now, can see them still sold as is look easy pedals but
again not listed!

My favourite saddle is this not listed on the website but still sold on
Amazon and some cycling websites.

Roger Merriman

Re: Cheap Look pedals

<usqq03$ileo$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=102712&group=rec.bicycles.tech#102712

From: worldoff9908@gmail.com (NFN Smith)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2024 16:54:41 -0700
 by: NFN Smith - Tue, 12 Mar 2024 23:54 UTC

Roger Merriman wrote:

>> They are called Look Keo Flex but the mechanism simply makes me too
>> nervous since I might be 30 or more miles from home and don't want a
>> mechanism failing and me having to walk home or wait for a ride. So I put
>> them on a shelf to use on a grocery store bike.
>>
> Not listed on Look’s site which made me suspicious its possibly
> discontinued.
>
> https://bikerumor.com/new-look-keo-flex-clipless-pedal-aimed-at-beginners-still-really-light/
>
> Ie 2012 rather than now, can see them still sold as is look easy pedals but
> again not listed!

Given cheapness, it may be that they distribute in different channels,
going through vendors that don't sell other Look lines.

I know that happens with other products. One that I can think of HP
laptop computers that don't have a line name (e.g., HP 250 or HP 655).
You may find those at places like Amazon, but you won't find on HP's web
site.

Smith

Re: Cheap Look pedals

<h1lIN.2433134$cgX9.2061833@fx13.ams4>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=102716&group=rec.bicycles.tech#102716

Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
From: roger@sarlet.com (Roger Merriman)
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2024 17:05:17 GMT
 by: Roger Merriman - Wed, 13 Mar 2024 17:05 UTC

NFN Smith <worldoff9908@gmail.com> wrote:
> Roger Merriman wrote:
>>>
>>> They are called Look Keo Flex but the mechanism simply makes me too
>>> nervous since I might be 30 or more miles from home and don't want a
>>> mechanism failing and me having to walk home or wait for a ride. So I put
>>> them on a shelf to use on a grocery store bike.
>>>
>> Not listed on Look’s site which made me suspicious its possibly
>> discontinued.
>>
>> https://bikerumor.com/new-look-keo-flex-clipless-pedal-aimed-at-beginners-still-really-light/
>>
>> Ie 2012 rather than now, can see them still sold as is look easy pedals but
>> again not listed!
>
> Given cheapness, it may be that they distribute in different channels,
> going through vendors that don't sell other Look lines.
>
> I know that happens with other products. One that I can think of HP
> laptop computers that don't have a line name (e.g., HP 250 or HP 655).
> You may find those at places like Amazon, but you won't find on HP's web
> site.
>
> Smith

My favourite saddle Charge Spoon is this or rather the company has changed
name has new saddle but the spoon is still being made and sold, but not
listed!

Roger Merriman