Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
From: cyclintom@yahoo.com (Tom Kunich)
Subject: Cannot properly adjust fork tension.
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 20:43:08 GMT
 by: Tom Kunich - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 20:43 UTC

I could not get the Fondiest to steer correctly. It felt like the lower bearing was worn out or something. So while I was at it I got a 1" carbon fiber fork. And a threadless headset.

It is a sealed bearing headset.I assembled the who thing which was then considerably lighter than the original steel fork, Though the Fondriest X Status is a light steel frame the fork was really heavy.

After putting it all together, I cannot get the fork adjustment to be tight enough to not click while rocking and holding the brake on and yet not be too tight so that it puts far too tight a tention on the fork.It feels like one of the sealed bearings is seated to low in the cup. Have any of you ever had a problem like that?