Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
From: cyclintom@yahoo.com (Tom Kunich)
Subject: Bike Offers
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2024 00:14:42 GMT
 by: Tom Kunich - Sun, 21 Apr 2024 00:14 UTC

I look through the 60 cm bikes often to see if there's anything that mmight interest me were I to actually sell a bike and get some space for a new one. Lately a LOT of people that are selling framesets don't know how to measure a bike and while I would consider a 58, people are measuring 56's and 55's as 58's.

I would no longer buy a horizontal dropout Campy lugset bike. There are pretty much some very interesting bikes on the Ebay site. There is an aluminum Moser that really looks nice but it was one that was sadly far overmeasurd.

I'm not sure what's going on with the Specialized Allez since while it no longer seems to wander around, I misjudge corners and the like and clip the rear wheels on the bike path demarcation.

The New Specialized Allez is also aluminum but it seems to have most of the upper level things that might be nice to have such as disc brakes. Not because I think that they are necessary but because you can put deep dish wheels on that look good. Good carbon wheels are getting cheaper and cheaper but you can't run rim brakes on them.

The Trek Alpha steers very steady. I have a 1.5 and someone offered me a 2.3 but again they mismeasured it and it was reaolly a 56. Dingaling.

I weighed all of my bikes and with bottles and flat kit, they are within 2 lbs of each other and the steel Tommasini is the lightest.