Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a rigged demo.

tech / sci.physics.relativity / Re: Washington State and Relativity--Chap. 2, Driving to Goldendale Cont.

SubjectAuthor
* Washington State and Relativity--Chap. 2, Driving to Goldendale Cont.patdolan
`* Re: Washington State and Relativity--Chap. 2, Driving to Goldendale Cont.patdolan
 `* Re: Washington State and Relativity--Chap. 2, Driving to Goldendale Cont.patdolan
  `- Re: Washington State and Relativity--Chap. 2, Driving to Goldendale Cont.patdolan

1
Washington State and Relativity--Chap. 2, Driving to Goldendale Cont.

<035d15f1-b788-4960-9fcc-bbe92964f8dbn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=122886&group=sci.physics.relativity#122886

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2023 19:56:41 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Washington State and Relativity--Chap. 2, Driving to Goldendale Cont.
From: patdolan@comcast.net (patdolan)
 by: patdolan - Thu, 17 Aug 2023 02:56 UTC

Since 1889 the Lick Observatory had been sending expeditions all over the world to observe the effects of eclipses on starlight:

https://www.lickobservatory.org/explore/historical-resources/the-lick-observatory-eclipse-expeditions-general-relativity-and-the-bending-of-starlight/

They were considered the world leaders in that field at the time of the Einstein theory.

In 1918, while Maj. Whittlesey and famous Lost Battalion were brutally fighting their way out of the Argonne Forest and the blood-drenched clutches of the murderous Hun, the young slackers (draft-dodgers) at the Lick observatory were packing up for a leisurely train trip up to Goldendale OR, lead by William Wallace Campbell. Their mission was to observer the solar eclipse of 1918 and to make a determination as to the scientific validity of the new Einstein theory to replace gravity. Einstein had earlier appreciated the need for a new theory of gravity after the old theory had killed his special relativity while still in the crib.

Campbell made carful observations then carefully came to the conclusion that General Relativity was false. He prepared his data then traveled to London to present his results to the Royal Society. Meanwhile, WWI had ended and Art Eddington had traveled to the tip of Africa for the 1919 solar eclipse. But Eddington was not on mission that anyone could construe as scientific. Eddingtion was out to definitely confirm GR at all costs. Richard Hertz has already addressed his possible motivations as being of a psycho-sexual nature (ibid.).

Eddington got wind of Campbell's presentation to the Royal Society while still at sea returning from the RSA and panicked. All orgiastic activity aboard the vessel ceased as a hungover Eddington madly pasted together to contest with Campbell's results. He then telegraphed the confirmation-biased report to London literally as Campbell sat in the Royal Society's anti-chamber waiting to present.

Wallace proved to be no tower of scientific integrity in the face of a content-thirsty press awaiting some sort of fantastic results from one of England's most notorious carousers and nightlifers since Oscar Wilde. Wallace withdrew his paper in favor of the more woke Eddington.

Eddington's hurried paper has come down to us and is now recognized for the confirmation biased laden screed that it is. Almost all modern astronomers dismiss it as unusable...

Re: Washington State and Relativity--Chap. 2, Driving to Goldendale Cont.

<dd652225-d626-4077-aa7f-f87f03c792f6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=122888&group=sci.physics.relativity#122888

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2023 20:06:19 -0700 (PDT)
From: patdolan@comcast.net (patdolan)
 by: patdolan - Thu, 17 Aug 2023 03:06 UTC

In 1918, while Maj. Whittlesey and the famous Lost Battalion were brutally fighting their way out of the Argonne Forest and the blood-drenched clutches of the murderous Hun, the young slackers (draft-dodgers) at the Lick observatory were packing up for a leisurely train trip up to Goldendale WA, lead by William Wallace Campbell. Their mission was to observer the solar eclipse of 1918 and to make a determination as to the scientific validity of the new Einstein theory to replace gravity. Einstein had earlier appreciated the need for a new theory of gravity after the old theory had killed his special relativity while still in the crib.

Campbell made carful observations then carefully came to the conclusion that General Relativity was false. He prepared his data and traveled to London to present his results to the Royal Society. Meanwhile, WWI had ended and Art Eddington had traveled to the tip of Africa for the 1919 solar eclipse. But Eddington was not on mission that anyone could construe as scientific. Eddingtion was out to definitely confirm GR at all costs. Richard Hertz has already addressed his possible motivations as being of a psycho-sexual nature (ibid.).

Eddington got wind of Campbell's presentation to the Royal Society while still at sea returning from the RSA. He panicked. All orgiastic activity aboard the vessel ceased as a hungover Eddington madly pasted together a paper to contest Campbell's results. He then telegraphed the confirmation-biased laden report to London literally as Campbell sat in the Royal Society's anti-chamber waiting to present.

Wallace proved to be no tower of scientific integrity in the face of a content-thirsty press who were hungrily awaiting some sort of fantastic results from one of England's most notorious carousers and nightlifers since Oscar Wilde. Wallace withdrew his paper in favor of the more woke Eddington.

Eddington's hurried paper has come down to us and is now recognized for the confirmation biased screed that it is. Almost all modern astronomers dismiss it as unusable...

Re: Washington State and Relativity--Chap. 2, Driving to Goldendale Cont.

<c5583942-4379-4905-b193-ffa219af4176n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=122890&group=sci.physics.relativity#122890

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2023 20:16:42 -0700 (PDT)
From: patdolan@comcast.net (patdolan)
 by: patdolan - Thu, 17 Aug 2023 03:16 UTC

On Wednesday, August 16, 2023 at 8:06:24 PM UTC-7, patdolan wrote:
> In 1918, while Maj. Whittlesey and the famous Lost Battalion were brutally fighting their way out of the Argonne Forest and the blood-drenched clutches of the murderous Hun, the young slackers (draft-dodgers) at the Lick observatory were packing up for a leisurely train trip up to Goldendale WA, lead by William Wallace Campbell. Their mission was to observer the solar eclipse of 1918 and to make a determination as to the scientific validity of the new Einstein theory to replace gravity. Einstein had earlier appreciated the need for a new theory of gravity after the old theory had killed his special relativity while still in the crib.
>
> Campbell made carful observations then carefully came to the conclusion that General Relativity was false. He prepared his data and traveled to London to present his results to the Royal Society. Meanwhile, WWI had ended and Art Eddington had traveled to the tip of Africa for the 1919 solar eclipse. But Eddington was not on mission that anyone could construe as scientific. Eddingtion was out to definitely confirm GR at all costs. Richard Hertz has already addressed his possible motivations as being of a psycho-sexual nature (ibid.).
>
> Eddington got wind of Campbell's presentation to the Royal Society while still at sea returning from the RSA. He panicked. All orgiastic activity aboard the vessel ceased as a hungover Eddington madly pasted together a paper to contest Campbell's results. He then telegraphed the confirmation-biased laden report to London literally as Campbell sat in the Royal Society's anti-chamber waiting to present.
>
> Wallace proved to be no tower of scientific integrity in the face of a content-thirsty press who were hungrily awaiting some sort of fantastic results from one of England's most notorious carousers and nightlifers since Oscar Wilde. Wallace withdrew his paper in favor of the more woke Eddington.
>
> Eddington's hurried paper has come down to us and is now recognized for the confirmation biased screed that it is. Almost all modern astronomers dismiss it as unusable...

Footnote to Chap Two:

The Lick Observatory lead the world in eclipsed starlight at the time and had been studying the phenomenon since the 1810s

https://www.lickobservatory.org/explore/historical-resources/the-lick-observatory-eclipse-expeditions-general-relativity-and-the-bending-of-starlight/

Re: Washington State and Relativity--Chap. 2, Driving to Goldendale Cont.

<f30e9c2a-5e6d-44a2-8155-136d7f3b79f6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=122910&group=sci.physics.relativity#122910

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2023 00:08:42 -0700 (PDT)
From: patdolan@comcast.net (patdolan)
 by: patdolan - Thu, 17 Aug 2023 07:08 UTC

On Wednesday, August 16, 2023 at 8:16:47 PM UTC-7, patdolan wrote:
> On Wednesday, August 16, 2023 at 8:06:24 PM UTC-7, patdolan wrote:
> > In 1918, while Maj. Whittlesey and the famous Lost Battalion were brutally fighting their way out of the Argonne Forest and the blood-drenched clutches of the murderous Hun, the young slackers (draft-dodgers) at the Lick observatory were packing up for a leisurely train trip up to Goldendale WA, lead by William Wallace Campbell. Their mission was to observer the solar eclipse of 1918 and to make a determination as to the scientific validity of the new Einstein theory to replace gravity. Einstein had earlier appreciated the need for a new theory of gravity after the old theory had killed his special relativity while still in the crib.
> >
> > Campbell made carful observations then carefully came to the conclusion that General Relativity was false. He prepared his data and traveled to London to present his results to the Royal Society. Meanwhile, WWI had ended and Art Eddington had traveled to the tip of Africa for the 1919 solar eclipse. But Eddington was not on mission that anyone could construe as scientific. Eddingtion was out to definitely confirm GR at all costs. Richard Hertz has already addressed his possible motivations as being of a psycho-sexual nature (ibid.).
> >
> > Eddington got wind of Campbell's presentation to the Royal Society while still at sea returning from the RSA. He panicked. All orgiastic activity aboard the vessel ceased as a hungover Eddington madly pasted together a paper to contest Campbell's results. He then telegraphed the confirmation-biased laden report to London literally as Campbell sat in the Royal Society's anti-chamber waiting to present.
> >
> > Wallace proved to be no tower of scientific integrity in the face of a content-thirsty press who were hungrily awaiting some sort of fantastic results from one of England's most notorious carousers and nightlifers since Oscar Wilde. Wallace withdrew his paper in favor of the more woke Eddington.
> >
> > Eddington's hurried paper has come down to us and is now recognized for the confirmation biased screed that it is. Almost all modern astronomers dismiss it as unusable...
> Footnote to Chap Two:
>
> The Lick Observatory lead the world in eclipsed starlight at the time and had been studying the phenomenon since the 1810s
>
> https://www.lickobservatory.org/explore/historical-resources/the-lick-observatory-eclipse-expeditions-general-relativity-and-the-bending-of-starlight/

Footnote 2:

By 1922, after the media feeding frenzy, Campbell had figured out on which side of his bread lay the butter (jelly, marmalade, cinnamon and cream cheese too) and so began to spout the relativist line. We don't hear much about the Lick Australian eclipse expedition anymore. But back in the roaring twenties is supposedly nailed down the Einstein theory. The author directs the reader's attention to near the bottom of this link wherein a pencil drawing is offered as the proof of star displacements consistent with GR:

https://www.astronomy.com/science/how-australias-1922-solar-eclipse-proved-einstein-right/

And yet, even this paltry excuse for a summary of experimental data still manages to exhibit the obvious fact that all they managed to measure was the atmospheric aberration above the high humidity coast of Australia.

tech / sci.physics.relativity / Re: Washington State and Relativity--Chap. 2, Driving to Goldendale Cont.