10.0 times 0.1 is hardly ever 1.0.

tech / sci.physics.relativity / TAI second vs SI second

SubjectAuthor
* TAI second vs SI secondMaciej Wozniak
`* Re: TAI second vs SI secondTom Roberts
 `* Re: TAI second vs SI secondMaciej Wozniak
  `* Re: TAI second vs SI secondTom Roberts
   `- Re: TAI second vs SI secondMaciej Wozniak

1
TAI second vs SI second

<7cf2cae3-cd26-4131-916d-71488bab0695n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=125784&group=sci.physics.relativity#125784

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2023 07:09:15 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: TAI second vs SI second
From: maluwozniak@gmail.com (Maciej Wozniak)
 by: Maciej Wozniak - Fri, 22 Sep 2023 14:09 UTC

It's a surprise that some of your bunch of
idiots notice they differ. Smartness? It's
also a surprise they admit it. . Honesty?
Stupidity?

Anyway, comparing Cs frequency on a
GPS satellite to SI second we're getting
9 192 631 770 . Comparing it to TAI second
it's 9 192 631 774.

The prophecies of your idiot guru are only
fulfilled with your SI idiocy, and even you
are not stupid enough to really apply it.

Re: TAI second vs SI second

<1yqdndYwkaI7aJD4nZ2dnZfqlJ9j4p2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=125823&group=sci.physics.relativity#125823

Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2023 15:14:29 -0500
From: tjoberts137@sbcglobal.net (Tom Roberts)
Subject: Re: TAI second vs SI second
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
 by: Tom Roberts - Fri, 22 Sep 2023 20:14 UTC

On 9/22/23 9:09 AM, Maciej Wozniak wrote:
> It's a surprise that some of your bunch of idiots notice they differ.
> Smartness? It's also a surprise they admit it. . Honesty? Stupidity?

There is no significant difference. Your bogus CLAIMS of a difference
are indeed due to YOUR Stupidity, and YOUR lack of Honesty.

> Anyway, comparing Cs frequency on a GPS satellite to SI second we're
> getting 9 192 631 770 .

Yes. A second is ALWAYS 9 192 631 770 cycles of the Cs-133 ground-state
hyperfine transition. As stated in the relevant BIPM documents, this is
a clock's proper time, valid only in a local region of the clock.

> Comparing it to TAI second it's 9 192 631 774.

Nope. TAI is defined ONLY on earth's geoid, and the satellite is nowhere
near that; anywhere else requires a correction, and the difference you
state is merely that requisite correction.

[TAI does NOT define a second, it references the SI
definition. TAI is a timekeeping system useful on
or near the surface of the earth. When appropriately
corrected it can be useful in other places as well.]

Note the timekeeping system on a GPS satellite does NOT increment in
seconds. It increments such that it displays GPS coordinate time, and in
a satellite GPS coordinate time increments by 1 second slightly faster
than 1 second of proper time. Remember, please, that the SI second
applies ONLY to a clock's proper time, and is valid ONLY in a local
region of the clock. GPS coordinate time increments by 1 second for 1
second of proper time for a clock at rest on earth's geoid. That is also
where TAI is defined, and TAI also increments by 1 second for 1 second
of proper time for a clock at rest on earth's geoid.

[NOTE: I did not create this terminology, which contains
an important PUN on "second". While GPS coordinate time
talks about "seconds", the word has a DIFFERENT MEANING
from its usage in "SI second" or "proper time second".
So one must ALWAYS specify which "second" one means --
Wozniak violates that and confuses himself.]

Basically what is going on is that the effect on clocks predicted by GR
actually does happen to real clocks, such as those in the GPS. No amount
of insults or screaming by Wozniak can change that simple physical fact.

[Note also that this does NOT mean that "satellite clocks
run faster" -- the situation is more subtle than that
sound bite can express.]

Tom Roberts

Re: TAI second vs SI second

<a278bee4-de5a-4eaa-a9df-d52f5ee17538n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=125827&group=sci.physics.relativity#125827

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2023 13:59:25 -0700 (PDT)
From: maluwozniak@gmail.com (Maciej Wozniak)
 by: Maciej Wozniak - Fri, 22 Sep 2023 20:59 UTC

On Friday, 22 September 2023 at 22:14:43 UTC+2, Tom Roberts wrote:
> On 9/22/23 9:09 AM, Maciej Wozniak wrote:
> > It's a surprise that some of your bunch of idiots notice they differ.
> > Smartness? It's also a surprise they admit it. . Honesty? Stupidity?
> There is no significant difference. Your bogus CLAIMS of a difference

Even some of your fellow idiots do admit there is.

> are indeed due to YOUR Stupidity, and YOUR lack of Honesty.
> > Anyway, comparing Cs frequency on a GPS satellite to SI second we're
> > getting 9 192 631 770 .
> Yes. A second is ALWAYS 9 192 631 770 cycles of the Cs-133 ground-state
> hyperfine transition.

Not in the world we inhabit, poor fanatic trash.
Anyone can check GPS.

> Note the timekeeping system on a GPS satellite does NOT increment in
> seconds.

What an idiotic lie. Especially idiotic is that you admit
it's a lie some lines down, by saying they're seconds in
different meaning.

> It increments such that it displays GPS coordinate time

Right, poor halfbrain, It is incrementing such that it
displays a time.
BTW, is this time (GPS coordinate time, one of some
times of the real world) dilating, as predicted by your
idiot guru?

, and in
> a satellite GPS coordinate time increments by 1 second slightly faster
> than 1 second of proper time. Remember, please, that the SI second
> applies ONLY to a clock's proper time

I remember very well it applies only to your gedanken idiocies.

> [NOTE: I did not create this terminology, which contains
> an important PUN on "second". While GPS coordinate time
> talks about "seconds", the word has a DIFFERENT MEANING
> from its usage in "SI second

Sure, TAI/GPS second is different than SI second.
Even you're admitting it now. See, trash - a lie has
short legs.

" or "proper time second".
> So one must ALWAYS specify which "second" one means --
> Wozniak violates that and confuses himself.]

A lie again, of course, I specified it very clearly,
emphasizing that there are two different.
Instead, you're violating it, together with your fellow
idiots, to pretend there is only one, for ideological
reasons.
> Basically what is going on is that the effect on clocks predicted by GR
> actually does happen

Basically, time is what clocks indicate. Clocks of
GPS indicate GPS coordinated time indeed; everything
fits - except that it's neither local nor dilating.
Common sense was warning your idiot guru.

Re: TAI second vs SI second

<wYednTToKbybmI74nZ2dnZfqlJz-fwAA@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=126058&group=sci.physics.relativity#126058

Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2023 11:21:26 -0500
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
From: tjroberts137@sbcglobal.net (Tom Roberts)
 by: Tom Roberts - Tue, 26 Sep 2023 16:21 UTC

On 9/22/23 3:59 PM, Maciej Wozniak wrote:
> On Friday, 22 September 2023 at 22:14:43 UTC+2, Tom Roberts wrote:
>> A second is ALWAYS 9 192 631 770 cycles of the Cs-133 ground-state
>> hyperfine transition.

Because that is the definition of what "1 second" means.

> Not in the world we inhabit, poor fanatic trash.
> Anyone can check GPS.

Yes in the world we inhabit. One second of GPS COORDINATE TIME is not 1
second except on earth's geoid.

> Basically, time is what clocks indicate.

Yes. But 1 second of GPS COORDINATE TIME is not 1 second except on
earth's geoid.

Tom Roberts

Re: TAI second vs SI second

<26391154-72ec-4501-8dd0-1d06f235d303n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=126065&group=sci.physics.relativity#126065

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2023 10:39:17 -0700 (PDT)
From: maluwozniak@gmail.com (Maciej Wozniak)
 by: Maciej Wozniak - Tue, 26 Sep 2023 17:39 UTC

On Tuesday, 26 September 2023 at 18:21:38 UTC+2, Tom Roberts wrote:
> On 9/22/23 3:59 PM, Maciej Wozniak wrote:
> > On Friday, 22 September 2023 at 22:14:43 UTC+2, Tom Roberts wrote:
> >> A second is ALWAYS 9 192 631 770 cycles of the Cs-133 ground-state
> >> hyperfine transition.
> Because that is the definition of what "1 second" means.

There are more than one definition as well.
And you were dumb enough to admit that for GPS
the world means somethimg else.

> > Not in the world we inhabit, poor fanatic trash.
> > Anyone can check GPS.
> Yes in the world we inhabit. One second of GPS COORDINATE
TIME

One second of GPS coordinate time, i. e. one second
of real time doesn't match either your wannabe definition
or anything else in your insane church. Compared to/measured
with one second of GPS/real time - all of your idiocies fail.

Common sense was warning your idiot guru. For whom,
BTW, second was by definition like the one of GPS time.

tech / sci.physics.relativity / TAI second vs SI second