"Turn on, tune up, rock out." -- Billy Gibbons

tech / sci.physics.relativity / Re: Radiative electrodynamics and terminal speed of accelerated electron

SubjectAuthor
* Radiative electrodynamics and terminal speed of accelerated electronRichard Hertz
`- Re: Radiative electrodynamics and terminal speed of accelerated electronLaurence Clark Crossen

1
Radiative electrodynamics and terminal speed of accelerated electron

<05ef9484-b508-438e-89f6-f37d4f6c9e8cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=126099&group=sci.physics.relativity#126099

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2023 20:47:53 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Radiative electrodynamics and terminal speed of accelerated electron
From: hertz778@gmail.com (Richard Hertz)
 by: Richard Hertz - Wed, 27 Sep 2023 03:47 UTC

No need of relativity and Lorentz factor to explain the behavior of electrons
in particle accelerators.

This paper, even when mostly ignored, explain why the terminal speed c is
the limit of accelerated electrons, without any trace of special relativity..

This work, based on reactive loss of energy by accelerated electrons, shows
how the curve of relative speed v/c vs. acceleration almost shadow the
results of relativistic electrodynamics. The author call it radiative electrodynamics.

I agree with this paper, which is based on the pioneer work of William Bertozzi
(MIT, 1964), which was largely ignored by relativists.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/337429098_TERMINAL_SPEED_OF_AN_ELECTRON_ACCELERATED_BY_AN_ELECTRIC_FIELD_WITH_EMISSION_OF_RADIATION/link/5dd71ca192851c1feda57651/download

CHECK THIS GRAPH:
Figure 1: Graph of v/c (speed in units of c) against at/c (time in units of c/a)
for an electron of charge –e and mass m = mo accelerated from zero initial
speed or decelerated from the speed of light c, by a uniform electrostatic
field of magnitude E, where a = eE/m; the lines (A1) and (A2) according to
classical electrodynamics, the dashed curve (B1) and line (B2) according to
relativistic electrodynamics and the dotted curves (C1) and (C2) according
to equations 4 and 7.

As it can be seen, three types of electrodynamics are analyzed: classic,
relativistic and radiative. The author acknowledge the limit given by c,
as well as increase of mass in relativity (Lorentz), but presents an
alternative version, by which the electron loses capability of being
accelerated by electric fields as its ratio v/c increases beyond 0.3.

I stated here several times in the past years that the problem in particle
accelerators is due to the loss of the effective electric field of the particle
to absorb accelerating energy as it approaches the speed c.

This paper is close to my heuristic understanding.

No relativity, no Lorentz. Just Coulomb and nature in action.

Plain and simple.

Re: Radiative electrodynamics and terminal speed of accelerated electron

<2001374c-b395-4490-9d20-599197b57886n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=126147&group=sci.physics.relativity#126147

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2023 20:19:11 -0700 (PDT)
From: l.c.c.sirius@gmail.com (Laurence Clark Crossen)
 by: Laurence Clark Cross - Thu, 28 Sep 2023 03:19 UTC

On Tuesday, September 26, 2023 at 8:47:55 PM UTC-7, Richard Hertz wrote:
> No need of relativity and Lorentz factor to explain the behavior of electrons
> in particle accelerators.
>
> This paper, even when mostly ignored, explain why the terminal speed c is
> the limit of accelerated electrons, without any trace of special relativity.
>
> This work, based on reactive loss of energy by accelerated electrons, shows
> how the curve of relative speed v/c vs. acceleration almost shadow the
> results of relativistic electrodynamics. The author call it radiative electrodynamics.
>
> I agree with this paper, which is based on the pioneer work of William Bertozzi
> (MIT, 1964), which was largely ignored by relativists.
>
> https://www.researchgate.net/publication/337429098_TERMINAL_SPEED_OF_AN_ELECTRON_ACCELERATED_BY_AN_ELECTRIC_FIELD_WITH_EMISSION_OF_RADIATION/link/5dd71ca192851c1feda57651/download
>

> CHECK THIS GRAPH:
> Figure 1: Graph of v/c (speed in units of c) against at/c (time in units of c/a)
> for an electron of charge –e and mass m = mo accelerated from zero initial
> speed or decelerated from the speed of light c, by a uniform electrostatic
> field of magnitude E, where a = eE/m; the lines (A1) and (A2) according to
> classical electrodynamics, the dashed curve (B1) and line (B2) according to
> relativistic electrodynamics and the dotted curves (C1) and (C2) according
> to equations 4 and 7.
>
> As it can be seen, three types of electrodynamics are analyzed: classic,
> relativistic and radiative. The author acknowledge the limit given by c,
> as well as increase of mass in relativity (Lorentz), but presents an
> alternative version, by which the electron loses capability of being
> accelerated by electric fields as its ratio v/c increases beyond 0.3.
>
> I stated here several times in the past years that the problem in particle
> accelerators is due to the loss of the effective electric field of the particle
> to absorb accelerating energy as it approaches the speed c.
>
> This paper is close to my heuristic understanding.
>
> No relativity, no Lorentz. Just Coulomb and nature in action.
>
> Plain and simple.
How could an electric field accelerate particles over the speed of electromagnetism, and why would that prevent other means from doing so? Aren't particle accelerators merely an exercise in confirming relativity's claim of a cosmic speed limit?

tech / sci.physics.relativity / Re: Radiative electrodynamics and terminal speed of accelerated electron