We don't really understand it, so we'll give it to the programmers.

tech / sci.electronics.design / Huawei Mate 60 Pro is the world’s first satellite calling phone Published 2 weeks ago on August 29, 2023 By Emiko Matsui Huawei Mate 60 Pro satellite calling Today, Huawei Mate 60 Pro launched as the world’s first phone with satellite calling fe

SubjectAuthor
* Huawei Mate 60 Pro is the world’s first satellitea a
+- Huawei Mate 60 Pro is the world’s first satellitea a
`- Re: Huawei Mate 60 Pro is the world’s first satellFred Bloggs

1
Huawei Mate 60 Pro is the world’s first satellite calling phone Published 2 weeks ago on August 29, 2023 By Emiko Matsui Huawei Mate 60 Pro satellite calling Today, Huawei Mate 60 Pro launched as the world’s first phone with satellite calling fe

<87607b59-fd99-48df-bfa1-e7b670141a41n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=128637&group=sci.electronics.design#128637

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: manta103g@gmail.com (a a)
 by: a a - Mon, 11 Sep 2023 22:16 UTC

Huawei Mate 60 Pro is the world’s first satellite calling phone

Published 2 weeks ago

on August 29, 2023

By Emiko Matsui
Huawei Mate 60 Pro satellite calling

Today, Huawei Mate 60 Pro launched as the world’s first phone with satellite calling feature. The company took this entirely new route to revolutionize satellite technology in mobile devices.

Huawei Mate 60 Pro users can directly call another smartphone using a satellite orbiting the Earth. This action happens without any mobile signal. Additionally, users can dial new numbers and receive incoming calls.

Currently, there are no details available on this matter. However, past information reveals that Huawei Mate 60 Pro is using China’s Tiantong-1 satellite system for its satellite calling features.

This is a satellite mobile communication system independently developed. It consists of a space segment, a ground segment, and user terminals. Currently, three of these satellites are in orbit.

Huawei Mate 60 Pro satellite calling

What’s more interesting is that the satellite has no restrictions on signal coverage. This makes it seamlessly connected in mountains, oceans, plateaus, forests, and other scenarios.

To enable such tech, Huawei is using PA chips inside the Mate 60 Pro, which amplifies the signal and manages power consumption. A past report also suggests that the PA chips are developed domestically.

Last year, Huawei introduced the Mate 50 series with the first generation of satellite SMS, which allows only one-way SMS connectivity. In the Huawei P60 Series, Huawei upgraded this tech for two-way SMS conversation.

With this revolution, the latest satellite calling comes as a major achievement.

Huawei Mate 60 Pro is the world’s first satellite

<UIMLM.24583$5D9b.12643@usenetxs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=128640&group=sci.electronics.design#128640

From: manta103g@gmail.com (a a)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2023 22:41:56 GMT
 by: a a - Mon, 11 Sep 2023 22:41 UTC

Darius the Dumb has posted yet one more #veryStupidByLowIQaa article.

Re: Huawei Mate 60 Pro is the world’s first satellite calling phone Published 2 weeks ago on August 29, 2023 By Emiko Matsui Huawei Mate 60 Pro satellite calling Today, Huawei Mate 60 Pro launched as the world’s first phone with satellite calling fe

<35d6dd96-8976-4eb8-8697-6638b702f85en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=128643&group=sci.electronics.design#128643

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
From: bloggs.fredbloggs.fred@gmail.com (Fred Bloggs)
 by: Fred Bloggs - Mon, 11 Sep 2023 23:03 UTC

On Monday, September 11, 2023 at 6:16:57 PM UTC-4, a a wrote:
> Huawei Mate 60 Pro is the world’s first satellite calling phone
>
> Published 2 weeks ago
>
> on August 29, 2023
>
> By Emiko Matsui
> Huawei Mate 60 Pro satellite calling
>

> Today, Huawei Mate 60 Pro launched as the world’s first phone with satellite calling feature. The company took this entirely new route to revolutionize satellite technology in mobile devices.
>
> Huawei Mate 60 Pro users can directly call another smartphone using a satellite orbiting the Earth. This action happens without any mobile signal. Additionally, users can dial new numbers and receive incoming calls.
>
> Currently, there are no details available on this matter. However, past information reveals that Huawei Mate 60 Pro is using China’s Tiantong-1 satellite system for its satellite calling features.
>
> This is a satellite mobile communication system independently developed. It consists of a space segment, a ground segment, and user terminals. Currently, three of these satellites are in orbit.
>
> Huawei Mate 60 Pro satellite calling
>
> What’s more interesting is that the satellite has no restrictions on signal coverage. This makes it seamlessly connected in mountains, oceans, plateaus, forests, and other scenarios.
>
> To enable such tech, Huawei is using PA chips inside the Mate 60 Pro, which amplifies the signal and manages power consumption. A past report also suggests that the PA chips are developed domestically.
>
> Last year, Huawei introduced the Mate 50 series with the first generation of satellite SMS, which allows only one-way SMS connectivity. In the Huawei P60 Series, Huawei upgraded this tech for two-way SMS conversation.
>
> With this revolution, the latest satellite calling comes as a major achievement.

Doesn't take much power to reach a satellite either.