Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2023 22:32:44 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: OT: If Ukraine and Russia make peace, who keeps the Russian
occupied land?
From: bill.sloman@ieee.org (Anthony William Sloman)
 by: Anthony William Slom - Tue, 12 Sep 2023 05:32 UTC

On Tuesday, September 12, 2023 at 3:12:37 PM UTC+10, T wrote:
> On 9/11/23 06:10, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

> >> That might have been difficult to do, given that Germany declared war on the USA after their allies, Japan, attacked Pearl Harbour.
> >>
> > R Bowman is geopolitically and historically beyond ignorant.
>
> Oh give me a break.

You don't deserve one.

R. is probably the best source of historical information and analysis on this group. And he is damned well educated (classical sense). Plus he writes very well.

He's been well educated in a school system that is designed to inculcate the idea that the USA is always right.
Most people call that brain-washed. If you are recycling other peoples texts you do tend to produce prose that has been polished by repeated use,
> Because someone disagrees with you, does not make them ignorant.

Most of the people who disagree with me are ignorant. People who know less meet more well-informed disagreement

> But is does make those that do that particular form of name calling, closed minded and intolerant.

Being well-informed does make you look that way to the ill-informed, particularly to the ill-informed who are too ignorant to realise how ill-informed they are.
> Open discussions and information is necessary for a republic to survive. It is the antithesis of the Dictatorship of the Proletariat.

And you are objecting to a crucial ingredient of open discussion - pointing out when one of the debaters has got stuff wrong.

--
Bill Sloman. Sydney

tech / sci.electronics.design / Re: OT: If Ukraine and Russia make peace, who keeps the Russian occupied land?