%DCL-MEM-BAD, bad memory VMS-F-PDGERS, pudding between the ears

tech / sci.physics.relativity / Re: How old is the universe according to Islam?

SubjectAuthor
* How old is the universe according to Islam?Richard Hertz
`- Re: How old is the universe according to Islam?Richard Hertz

1
How old is the universe according to Islam?

<229b74a5-41d8-487c-816a-ed6e6effb94cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=129719&group=sci.physics.relativity#129719

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2024 15:22:11 -0800 (PST)
Subject: How old is the universe according to Islam?
From: hertz778@gmail.com (Richard Hertz)
 by: Richard Hertz - Sat, 6 Jan 2024 23:22 UTC

The Quran states that the universe was created in six ayyam (days), in verse 50:38 among others. According to verse 70:4, one day in Quran is equal to 50,000 years on Earth. Therefore, Muslims interpret the description of a "six days" creation as six distinct periods or eons.

When we talk about “evolution” in the Muslim world, it’s important to first separate out biological evolution from young-Earth creationism. Young-Earth creationism — the idea that the world and the universe are less than 10,000 years old — is completely absent in the Muslim world. The Qur’an, the Muslim holy book, does contain the six-day creation account, just like the Bible’s Book of Genesis. But the length of each day is explicitly ambiguous in the Qur’an: In one passage, for example, the length of each day is suggested to be 1,000 Earth days, but in another, it is said to be 50,000.

Although the acceptance of an old Earth allows for the possibility of biological changes in species over long periods, the not-so-good news is that many in the Muslim world don’t accept that biological evolution occurs. It may in fact be the vast majority of Muslims who reject human evolution outright. Only a few studies have addressed this question, but the results suggest that the rejection of human evolution in the Muslim world is much higher than in the U.S.

https://www.earthmagazine.org/article/voices-old-earth-all-muslims-how-does-evolution-fit/

Re: How old is the universe according to Islam?

<18464713-6b12-48e5-9daa-2bdf1b8ffde7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=129722&group=sci.physics.relativity#129722

Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2024 19:33:28 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: How old is the universe according to Islam?
From: hertz778@gmail.com (Richard Hertz)
 by: Richard Hertz - Sun, 7 Jan 2024 03:33 UTC

On Saturday, January 6, 2024 at 8:22:13 PM UTC-3, Richard Hertz wrote:
> The Quran states that the universe was created in six ayyam (days), in verse 50:38 among others. According to verse 70:4, one day in Quran is equal to 50,000 years on Earth. Therefore, Muslims interpret the description of a "six days" creation as six distinct periods or eons.
>
> When we talk about “evolution” in the Muslim world, it’s important to first separate out biological evolution from young-Earth creationism. Young-Earth creationism — the idea that the world and the universe are less than 10,000 years old — is completely absent in the Muslim world. The Qur’an, the Muslim holy book, does contain the six-day creation account, just like the Bible’s Book of Genesis. But the length of each day is explicitly ambiguous in the Qur’an: In one passage, for example, the length of each day is suggested to be 1,000 Earth days, but in another, it is said to be 50,000.
>
> Although the acceptance of an old Earth allows for the possibility of biological changes in species over long periods, the not-so-good news is that many in the Muslim world don’t accept that biological evolution occurs. It may in fact be the vast majority of Muslims who reject human evolution outright. Only a few studies have addressed this question, but the results suggest that the rejection of human evolution in the Muslim world is much higher than in the U.S.
>
> https://www.earthmagazine.org/article/voices-old-earth-all-muslims-how-does-evolution-fit/

Scientific And Quranic Explanation Of The Collapse Of The Universe
https://journalppw.com/index.php/jpsp/article/download/14404/9342/17589
Dr. HM Azhar, Dr.Shafaqat et all

Abstract
This article is a research and analytical review of the scientific and Qur'anic interpretation of the universe
being wrapped up, but it presents a vast collection, and there is a large collection of discussions on various
aspects arising from it. .The science of astrophysics clarifies the matters related to the Day of Resurrection
exactly as they have been described in the Holy Qur'an. The Holy Qur'an also confirms black holes or
invisible collapsed stars as invisible passages. The picture of the universe created by modern science is a
very solid and organized universe. It was first hypothesized that it is a kind of mechanical system that
operates on its own due to causes, but a deeper study proved this hypothesis baseless. It turns out that the
system of the universe is solid as well as completely non-mechanistic. He calls for a motivator and organizer
every time. Similarly, with the increase of information, it was assumed that men own knowledge would be
sufficient to know all the facts; there would be no need to resort to revelation. The main points of this
research are that the readers will get familiarity with the scientific and Quranic interpretation of the
wrapping of the universe.