Recursion is the root of computation since it trades description for time.

tech / sci.electronics.design / OT: Natural recycling at the origin of life

SubjectAuthor
* OT: Natural recycling at the origin of lifeJan Panteltje
+* Re: OT: Natural recycling at the origin of lifeJohn Larkin
|+- Re: OT: Natural recycling at the origin of lifeBill Sloman
|`* Re: OT: Natural recycling at the origin of lifeJan Panteltje
| `* Re: OT: Natural recycling at the origin of lifeJohn Larkin
|  `* Re: OT: Natural recycling at the origin of lifeJan Panteltje
|   `* Re: OT: Natural recycling at the origin of lifeJohn Larkin
|    +- Re: OT: Natural recycling at the origin of lifeBill Sloman
|    `* Re: OT: Natural recycling at the origin of lifeJan Panteltje
|     `* Re: OT: Natural recycling at the origin of lifeJohn Larkin
|      `* Re: OT: Natural recycling at the origin of lifeJan Panteltje
|       `* Re: OT: Natural recycling at the origin of lifeJohn Larkin
|        `- Re: OT: Natural recycling at the origin of lifeBill Sloman
`* Re: OT: Natural recycling at the origin of lifeMartin Brown
 `* Re: OT: Natural recycling at the origin of lifeJan Panteltje
  `- Re: OT: Natural recycling at the origin of lifeMartin Brown

1
OT: Natural recycling at the origin of life

<utti1g$1r4o7$2@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=135888&group=sci.electronics.design#135888

From: alien@comet.invalid (Jan Panteltje)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: OT: Natural recycling at the origin of life
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2024 04:13:35 GMT
NewsFleX homepage: http://www.panteltje.nl/panteltje/newsflex/ and ftp download ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/linux/system/news/readers/
 by: Jan Panteltje - Tue, 26 Mar 2024 04:13 UTC

Natural recycling at the origin of life
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2024/03/240322145524.htm
Source:
Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München
At the beginning there must have been ribonucleic acid (RNA) to carry the first genetic information.
To build up complexity in their sequences, these biomolecules need to release water.
On the early Earth, which was largely covered in seawater, that was not so easy to do.

So, simple :-)

Then us, then chips, AI, what's next?

Re: OT: Natural recycling at the origin of life

<hdr50jlaa3g5887d3l4m75pk8kac3uu4rn@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=135890&group=sci.electronics.design#135890

From: jjlarkin@highlandtechnology.com (John Larkin)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: OT: Natural recycling at the origin of life
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2024 08:50:20 -0700
 by: John Larkin - Tue, 26 Mar 2024 15:50 UTC

On Tue, 26 Mar 2024 04:13:35 GMT, Jan Panteltje <alien@comet.invalid>
wrote:

>Natural recycling at the origin of life
> https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2024/03/240322145524.htm
>Source:
> Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München
> At the beginning there must have been ribonucleic acid (RNA) to carry the first genetic information.

That's the hand-waving theory. Nobody has figured how that could have
happened, even in a hospitable environment.

> To build up complexity in their sequences, these biomolecules need to release water.
> On the early Earth, which was largely covered in seawater, that was not so easy to do.
>
>So, simple :-)
>
>Then us, then chips, AI, what's next?

What we need is a test to find the most dangerous people, thieves and
jihadists and Putins, and a genetic modification therapy to make them
safe.

It could even be a pandemic virus.

Re: OT: Natural recycling at the origin of life

<utus80$1tlii$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=135892&group=sci.electronics.design#135892

From: '''newspam'''@nonad.co.uk (Martin Brown)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2024 16:13:50 +0000
 by: Martin Brown - Tue, 26 Mar 2024 16:13 UTC

On 26/03/2024 04:13, Jan Panteltje wrote:
> Natural recycling at the origin of life
> https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2024/03/240322145524.htm
> Source:
> Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München
> At the beginning there must have been ribonucleic acid (RNA) to carry the first genetic information.
> To build up complexity in their sequences, these biomolecules need to release water.
> On the early Earth, which was largely covered in seawater, that was not so easy to do.
>
> So, simple :-)

Given how quickly a misfolded protein managed to propagate as BSE when
they scrimped on the cooking for cannibalistic cattle feed I suspect
that self replicating RNA, proteins and peptides are fairly common.

However, life might still need a fair bit of luck to get started ab
initio from entirely inorganic but common chemicals in molecular clouds.

One unusual feature of the Earth-Moon system is that it had large and
variable tides with a monthly cycle (Moon orbited us closer and faster
in the distant past). This has the effect of making rock pools that
isolate from bulk seawater for variable lengths of time up to half a
month so that the liquid can concentrate (and get warm in the sun).

> Then us, then chips, AI, what's next?

Fermi's Paradox suggests we are amongst the first in our galaxy to get
this far. Otherwise robotic alien probes would be everywhere by now.

Incidentally we may be able to detect industrialised civilisations at a
truly great distance if they follow the same path as we did.

Observing CFC's in the high atmosphere can pretty much only come from a
civilisation that has mastered organofluorine chemistry. Fluorine is
just too reactive and calcium fluoride so incredibly insoluble that it
is all scavenged into an inert form very quickly even if some occurs in
vulcanism. You have to separate it electrolytically from a molten salt
eutectic mix (scary stuff it is too).

--
Martin Brown

Re: OT: Natural recycling at the origin of life

<uu01fb$2joas$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=135894&group=sci.electronics.design#135894

From: bill.sloman@ieee.org (Bill Sloman)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2024 13:49:07 +1100
 by: Bill Sloman - Wed, 27 Mar 2024 02:49 UTC

On 27/03/2024 2:50 am, John Larkin wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Mar 2024 04:13:35 GMT, Jan Panteltje <alien@comet.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> Natural recycling at the origin of life
>> https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2024/03/240322145524.htm
>> Source:
>> Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München
>> At the beginning there must have been ribonucleic acid (RNA) to carry the first genetic information.
>
> That's the hand-waving theory. Nobody has figured how that could have
> happened, even in a hospitable environment.
>
>> To build up complexity in their sequences, these biomolecules need to release water.
>> On the early Earth, which was largely covered in seawater, that was not so easy to do.
>>
>> So, simple :-)
>>
>> Then us, then chips, AI, what's next?
>
> What we need is a test to find the most dangerous people, thieves and
> jihadists and Putins, and a genetic modification therapy to make them
> safe.

Since we don't yet know what makes them dangerous, we don't know if a
genetic modification could make them safe.

Robert Plombin's "Blueprint"

https://mitpress.mit.edu/9780262039161/blueprint/

suggests that most complex human behavior is influenced by thousands of
single nuclear polymorphisms, and each dangerous individual would
require a whole raft of individually tailored genetic modifications.

> It could even be a pandemic virus.

Only in John Larkin's over-simplified universe.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: OT: Natural recycling at the origin of life

<uu0ht2$1scq3$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=135899&group=sci.electronics.design#135899

From: alien@comet.invalid (Jan Panteltje)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2024 07:29:38 GMT
 by: Jan Panteltje - Wed, 27 Mar 2024 07:29 UTC

On a sunny day (Tue, 26 Mar 2024 08:50:20 -0700) it happened John Larkin
<jjlarkin@highlandtechnology.com> wrote in
<hdr50jlaa3g5887d3l4m75pk8kac3uu4rn@4ax.com>:

>On Tue, 26 Mar 2024 04:13:35 GMT, Jan Panteltje <alien@comet.invalid>
>wrote:
>
>>Natural recycling at the origin of life
>> https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2024/03/240322145524.htm
>>Source:
>> Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München
>> At the beginning there must have been ribonucleic acid (RNA) to carry the first genetic information.
>
>That's the hand-waving theory. Nobody has figured how that could have
>happened, even in a hospitable environment.
>
>> To build up complexity in their sequences, these biomolecules need to release water.
>> On the early Earth, which was largely covered in seawater, that was not so easy to do.
>>
>>So, simple :-)
>>
>>Then us, then chips, AI, what's next?
>
>What we need is a test to find the most dangerous people,

White house has it: biden.

>thieves and >jihadists and Putins, and a genetic modification therapy to make them
>safe.

You sound very dangerous too, what's it you are using?

>It could even be a pandemic virus.

Like capitalism you mean ;-)

Re: OT: Natural recycling at the origin of life

<uu10hl$1skq8$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=135902&group=sci.electronics.design#135902

From: alien@comet.invalid (Jan Panteltje)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2024 11:39:32 GMT
 by: Jan Panteltje - Wed, 27 Mar 2024 11:39 UTC

On a sunny day (Tue, 26 Mar 2024 16:13:50 +0000) it happened Martin Brown
<'''newspam'''@nonad.co.uk> wrote in <utus80$1tlii$1@dont-email.me>:

>On 26/03/2024 04:13, Jan Panteltje wrote:
>> Natural recycling at the origin of life
>> https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2024/03/240322145524.htm
>> Source:
>> Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München
>> At the beginning there must have been ribonucleic acid (RNA) to carry the first genetic information.
>> To build up complexity in their sequences, these biomolecules need to release water.
>> On the early Earth, which was largely covered in seawater, that was not so easy to do.
>>
>> So, simple :-)
>
>Given how quickly a misfolded protein managed to propagate as BSE when
>they scrimped on the cooking for cannibalistic cattle feed I suspect
>that self replicating RNA, proteins and peptides are fairly common.
>
>However, life might still need a fair bit of luck to get started ab
>initio from entirely inorganic but common chemicals in molecular clouds.

Na, I think it is a natural process, happening all over the universe here conditions allow..

>One unusual feature of the Earth-Moon system is that it had large and
>variable tides with a monthly cycle (Moon orbited us closer and faster
>in the distant past). This has the effect of making rock pools that
>isolate from bulk seawater for variable lengths of time up to half a
>month so that the liquid can concentrate (and get warm in the sun).
>>
>> Then us, then chips, AI, what's next?
>
>Fermi's Paradox suggests we are amongst the first in our galaxy to get
>this far. Otherwise robotic alien probes would be everywhere by now.

There are so many stars and galaxies, our 'window of time' where we can even do radio transmissions and sent something into space
versus there 'window of time' + travel time for spacecraft would need to overlap so the things would arrive here now and we can detect them..
Hard to detect too, very small.
And may not look alike anything _we_ put into space.

>Incidentally we may be able to detect industrialised civilisations at a
>truly great distance if they follow the same path as we did.
>
>Observing CFC's in the high atmosphere can pretty much only come from a
>civilisation that has mastered organofluorine chemistry. Fluorine is
>just too reactive and calcium fluoride so incredibly insoluble that it
>is all scavenged into an inert form very quickly even if some occurs in
>vulcanism. You have to separate it electrolytically from a molten salt
>eutectic mix (scary stuff it is too).

Absolutely, was some references to that on one of the sci sites I read every day..
Also there are great programs on German channels on Astra1 satellite that go into it,
show equipment, videos and shots taken by various spacecraft and professors talking about what they found.
https://www.tvdirekt.de/tv-programm-auf-einen-blick/tv-programm-online.html?hours=4&typeID=-1&typeName=free
for if you speak German
short one was today
https://www.tvdirekt.de/tv-programm/sendungsdetails/191122146/leschs-kosmos.html

last week about the planets, their satellites and all the probes that were sent there.
some of those programs last for hours,
on zdf.info on astra1 satellite
https://www.wunschliste.de/serie/die-planeten-2019

And of course there is NASA TV on Hotbird 13 East satellite

All very interesting.
We are _not_ the center of everything... just an other chemical reaction in a vast space with a few things called neurons
that perhaps think we can grasp everything ;-)
Some thing about quantum gravity today:
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2024/03/240326103858.htm

I go for Le Sage complex particles also carrying EM radiation.

Re: OT: Natural recycling at the origin of life

<uu11nn$2qn0n$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=135904&group=sci.electronics.design#135904

From: '''newspam'''@nonad.co.uk (Martin Brown)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2024 11:59:51 +0000
 by: Martin Brown - Wed, 27 Mar 2024 11:59 UTC

On 27/03/2024 11:39, Jan Panteltje wrote:
> On a sunny day (Tue, 26 Mar 2024 16:13:50 +0000) it happened Martin Brown
> <'''newspam'''@nonad.co.uk> wrote in <utus80$1tlii$1@dont-email.me>:
>
>> On 26/03/2024 04:13, Jan Panteltje wrote:
>>> Natural recycling at the origin of life
>>> https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2024/03/240322145524.htm
>>> Source:
>>> Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München
>>> At the beginning there must have been ribonucleic acid (RNA) to carry the first genetic information.
>>> To build up complexity in their sequences, these biomolecules need to release water.
>>> On the early Earth, which was largely covered in seawater, that was not so easy to do.
>>>
>>> So, simple :-)
>>
>> Given how quickly a misfolded protein managed to propagate as BSE when
>> they scrimped on the cooking for cannibalistic cattle feed I suspect
>> that self replicating RNA, proteins and peptides are fairly common.
>>
>> However, life might still need a fair bit of luck to get started ab
>> initio from entirely inorganic but common chemicals in molecular clouds.
>
> Na, I think it is a natural process, happening all over the universe here conditions allow..

I think it is a bit more specialised than that. You need a planet that
has something like the three phases of water all present (other solvents
may be possible). Water is almost unique in that it's solid phase floats
and protects the bulk liquid of oceans from freezing solid.

If we find life independently evolved on any of the other solar system
planest that have or once had liquid water then life is likely to be
extremely common (but complex cellular life and in particular
intelligent life could still be rare). We are the result of an arms race
between competing species for food with animals at the top of the chain.

>> One unusual feature of the Earth-Moon system is that it had large and
>> variable tides with a monthly cycle (Moon orbited us closer and faster
>> in the distant past). This has the effect of making rock pools that
>> isolate from bulk seawater for variable lengths of time up to half a
>> month so that the liquid can concentrate (and get warm in the sun).
>>>
>>> Then us, then chips, AI, what's next?
>>
>> Fermi's Paradox suggests we are amongst the first in our galaxy to get
>> this far. Otherwise robotic alien probes would be everywhere by now.
>
> There are so many stars and galaxies, our 'window of time' where we can even do radio transmissions and sent something into space
> versus there 'window of time' + travel time for spacecraft would need to overlap so the things would arrive here now and we can detect them..
> Hard to detect too, very small.
> And may not look alike anything _we_ put into space.

Even so we are the children of a third or fourth generation star.
There has been about 5-6 billion years for a civilisation around a
previous generation star to have sent out probes assuming that their
evolution was similar. Their probes should be here now...

>> Incidentally we may be able to detect industrialised civilisations at a
>> truly great distance if they follow the same path as we did.
>>
>> Observing CFC's in the high atmosphere can pretty much only come from a
>> civilisation that has mastered organofluorine chemistry. Fluorine is
>> just too reactive and calcium fluoride so incredibly insoluble that it
>> is all scavenged into an inert form very quickly even if some occurs in
>> vulcanism. You have to separate it electrolytically from a molten salt
>> eutectic mix (scary stuff it is too).
>
> Absolutely, was some references to that on one of the sci sites I read every day..
> Also there are great programs on German channels on Astra1 satellite that go into it,
> show equipment, videos and shots taken by various spacecraft and professors talking about what they found.

The list of chemicals in molecular clouds is getting very long and
suggestively contains a high proportion of certain common amino acids
with the most duplicated/redundant codes in DNA.

Buckminster Fullerenes were seen in space as "dust" of unknown
composition long before they were discovered on Earth. Amazingly you can
extract them from common black soot using benzene but nobody ever did!

--
Martin Brown

Re: OT: Natural recycling at the origin of life

<7ib80jdjfq251u4rplqpu1kc1erab1btjv@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=135908&group=sci.electronics.design#135908

From: jl@997PotHill.com (John Larkin)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2024 07:40:21 -0700
 by: John Larkin - Wed, 27 Mar 2024 14:40 UTC

On Wed, 27 Mar 2024 07:29:38 GMT, Jan Panteltje <alien@comet.invalid>
wrote:

>On a sunny day (Tue, 26 Mar 2024 08:50:20 -0700) it happened John Larkin
><jjlarkin@highlandtechnology.com> wrote in
><hdr50jlaa3g5887d3l4m75pk8kac3uu4rn@4ax.com>:
>
>>On Tue, 26 Mar 2024 04:13:35 GMT, Jan Panteltje <alien@comet.invalid>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>Natural recycling at the origin of life
>>> https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2024/03/240322145524.htm
>>>Source:
>>> Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München
>>> At the beginning there must have been ribonucleic acid (RNA) to carry the first genetic information.
>>
>>That's the hand-waving theory. Nobody has figured how that could have
>>happened, even in a hospitable environment.
>>
>>> To build up complexity in their sequences, these biomolecules need to release water.
>>> On the early Earth, which was largely covered in seawater, that was not so easy to do.
>>>
>>>So, simple :-)
>>>
>>>Then us, then chips, AI, what's next?
>>
>>What we need is a test to find the most dangerous people,
>
>White house has it: biden.
>
>>thieves and >jihadists and Putins, and a genetic modification therapy to make them
>>safe.
>
>You sound very dangerous too, what's it you are using?

I'm helpful and polite to people and animals; I am dangerous to
electronic components, which I enjoy torturing.

>>It could even be a pandemic virus.
>
>Like capitalism you mean ;-)

We have electricity, computers, lots of different foods, vaccines,
antibiotics, houses and cars and twice the life spans of our
ancestors. Blame Capitalism. Move to workers paradises like Cuba or
Venezuela or North Korea or Gaza or Russia.

Re: OT: Natural recycling at the origin of life

<uu1hsa$1tcp5$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=135910&group=sci.electronics.design#135910

From: alien@comet.invalid (Jan Panteltje)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2024 16:35:21 GMT
 by: Jan Panteltje - Wed, 27 Mar 2024 16:35 UTC

On a sunny day (Wed, 27 Mar 2024 07:40:21 -0700) it happened John Larkin
<jl@997PotHill.com> wrote in <7ib80jdjfq251u4rplqpu1kc1erab1btjv@4ax.com>:

>On Wed, 27 Mar 2024 07:29:38 GMT, Jan Panteltje <alien@comet.invalid>
>wrote:
>
>>On a sunny day (Tue, 26 Mar 2024 08:50:20 -0700) it happened John Larkin
>><jjlarkin@highlandtechnology.com> wrote in
>><hdr50jlaa3g5887d3l4m75pk8kac3uu4rn@4ax.com>:

>>>That's the hand-waving theory. Nobody has figured how that could have
>>>happened, even in a hospitable environment.

>>>What we need is a test to find the most dangerous people,
>>
>>White house has it: biden.
>>
>>>thieves and >jihadists and Putins, and a genetic modification therapy to make them
>>>safe.
>>
>>You sound very dangerous too, what's it you are using?
>>

>I'm helpful and polite to people and animals; I am dangerous to
>electronic components, which I enjoy torturing.
>

>>>It could even be a pandemic virus.
>>
>>Like capitalism you mean ;-)
>
>We have electricity, computers, lots of different foods, vaccines,
>antibiotics, houses and cars and twice the life spans of our
>ancestors. Blame Capitalism. Move to workers paradises like Cuba or
>Venezuela or North Korea or Gaza or Russia.

Homelessness is also a top in the US.
China is now way ahead of you 'merricans.
US IQ is falling, its debt (mostly owned by China and Japan)
increases every year.

All US really exports is weapons and war and unrest.
Haiti is controlled now by gangs using US made weapons.
Make some nice products, people do not like to buy war.
Thousands die in US each year from using Fentanyl

Re: OT: Natural recycling at the origin of life

<dti80jl4nslbe1c5hjs3d3t3jffm7uf59f@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=135911&group=sci.electronics.design#135911

From: jl@997PotHill.com (John Larkin)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2024 09:44:15 -0700
 by: John Larkin - Wed, 27 Mar 2024 16:44 UTC

On Wed, 27 Mar 2024 16:35:21 GMT, Jan Panteltje <alien@comet.invalid>
wrote:

>On a sunny day (Wed, 27 Mar 2024 07:40:21 -0700) it happened John Larkin
><jl@997PotHill.com> wrote in <7ib80jdjfq251u4rplqpu1kc1erab1btjv@4ax.com>:
>
>>On Wed, 27 Mar 2024 07:29:38 GMT, Jan Panteltje <alien@comet.invalid>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>On a sunny day (Tue, 26 Mar 2024 08:50:20 -0700) it happened John Larkin
>>><jjlarkin@highlandtechnology.com> wrote in

>>>White house has it: biden.

>>>You sound very dangerous too, what's it you are using?
>>>

>>I'm helpful and polite to people and animals; I am dangerous to
>>electronic components, which I enjoy torturing.

>>>Like capitalism you mean ;-)
>>
>>We have electricity, computers, lots of different foods, vaccines,
>>antibiotics, houses and cars and twice the life spans of our
>>ancestors. Blame Capitalism. Move to workers paradises like Cuba or
>>Venezuela or North Korea or Gaza or Russia.
>
>Homelessness is also a top in the US.

Millions of legal and illegal migrants put pressure on housing. And so
does tons of Chinese fentanyl.

>China is now way ahead of you 'merricans.

How so? It's run by and for thugs.

>US IQ is falling, its debt (mostly owned by China and Japan)
>increases every year.

The us debt is bad, but not as bad as many other countries. It will be
inflated away.

>All US really exports is weapons and war and unrest.

And oil, NG, coal, machinery, airplanes, electronic components, food.

>Haiti is controlled now by gangs using US made weapons.
>Make some nice products, people do not like to buy war.
>Thousands die in US each year from using Fentanyl

Re: OT: Natural recycling at the origin of life

<uu3008$3d2rs$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=135920&group=sci.electronics.design#135920

From: bill.sloman@ieee.org (Bill Sloman)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2024 16:42:21 +1100
 by: Bill Sloman - Thu, 28 Mar 2024 05:42 UTC

On 28/03/2024 3:44 am, John Larkin wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Mar 2024 16:35:21 GMT, Jan Panteltje <alien@comet.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> On a sunny day (Wed, 27 Mar 2024 07:40:21 -0700) it happened John Larkin
>> <jl@997PotHill.com> wrote in <7ib80jdjfq251u4rplqpu1kc1erab1btjv@4ax.com>:

>>> I'm helpful and polite to people and animals; I am dangerous to
>>> electronic components, which I enjoy torturing.

>>> We have electricity, computers, lots of different foods, vaccines,
>>> antibiotics, houses and cars and twice the life spans of our
>>> ancestors. Blame Capitalism. Move to workers paradises like Cuba or
>>> Venezuela or North Korea or Gaza or Russia.
>>
>> Homelessness is also a top in the US.
>
> Millions of legal and illegal migrants put pressure on housing. And so
> does tons of Chinese fentanyl.
>
>> China is now way ahead of you 'merricans.
>
> How so? It's run by and for thugs.

The US is run for and by rich people who don't see the advantage of
paying and educating their work force well enough to make them maximally
productive. China has the same problem, even if the ruling minority
rationalises it right to rule with different arguments

>> US IQ is falling, its debt (mostly owned by China and Japan)
>> increases every year.
>
> The us debt is bad, but not as bad as many other countries. It will be
> inflated away.

Dream on.

>> All US really exports is weapons and war and unrest.
>
> And oil, NG, coal, machinery, airplanes, electronic components, food.

0il and natural gas are shrinking markets, and in aircraft Airbus now
outsells Boeing (partly because new Boeing aircraft have taken to having
bits fall off in flight). Electronic components were never a US monopoly
and global warming will play havoc with everybody's food production even
if you don't believe in it.

<snip>

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: OT: Natural recycling at the origin of life

<uu3aqt$1tpff$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=135923&group=sci.electronics.design#135923

From: alien@comet.invalid (Jan Panteltje)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2024 08:47:25 GMT
 by: Jan Panteltje - Thu, 28 Mar 2024 08:47 UTC

On a sunny day (Wed, 27 Mar 2024 09:44:15 -0700) it happened John Larkin
<jl@997PotHill.com> wrote in <dti80jl4nslbe1c5hjs3d3t3jffm7uf59f@4ax.com>:

>On Wed, 27 Mar 2024 16:35:21 GMT, Jan Panteltje <alien@comet.invalid>
>wrote:
>
>>On a sunny day (Wed, 27 Mar 2024 07:40:21 -0700) it happened John Larkin
>><jl@997PotHill.com> wrote in <7ib80jdjfq251u4rplqpu1kc1erab1btjv@4ax.com>:

>>>I'm helpful and polite to people and animals; I am dangerous to
>>>electronic components, which I enjoy torturing.

>>>We have electricity, computers, lots of different foods, vaccines,
>>>antibiotics, houses and cars and twice the life spans of our
>>>ancestors. Blame Capitalism. Move to workers paradises like Cuba or
>>>Venezuela or North Korea or Gaza or Russia.
>>
>>Homelessness is also a top in the US.
>
>Millions of legal and illegal migrants put pressure on housing. And so
>does tons of Chinese fentanyl.
>
>>China is now way ahead of you 'merricans.
>
>How so? It's run by and for thugs.
>
>>US IQ is falling, its debt (mostly owned by China and Japan)
>>increases every year.
>
>The us debt is bad, but not as bad as many other countries. It will be
>inflated away.
>

>>All US really exports is weapons and war and unrest.
>
>And oil, NG, coal, machinery, airplanes, electronic components, food.

Do not think many will buy your Boeing planes after the last problems.
China, a huge market, just showed their own passenger jet.

US can force other countries to buy its oil by blowing up the Russia-Germany pipeline
force us not not to sell our chip technology to China, causing everybody in Europe to pay more for gas and heating,
but it WILL have a recoil.

Inflation makes your dollar worthless so you won't be able to buy Chinese and European high tech anymore
Once you live in tents it is time to review your position!
With inflation and sanctions against China all your household equipment and electronics like phones will be more expensive.
I use electronics parts and modules from China that you cannot even come close to in price.
And those work perfectly.
Noisy F35 crap our CIA controlled government had to buy from you pollutes the skies here.
Ultra right is getting stronger and stronger and at some point bombs will rain on US when you least expect it
Duck under a table if you can still afford a decent table.
I do not eat any US exported food, dangerous anyways with all those virus experiments over there..
Chances of being shot are big too over there, even kids shoot each other at schools in the US.
Maybe the next new weapon your club invents will eliminate earth from the skies....
or your Faulty will eradicate all life in the US in his next experiment.

not worth helping the frozen brains.

>>Haiti is controlled now by gangs using US made weapons.
>>Make some nice products, people do not like to buy war.
>>Thousands die in US each year from using Fentanyl

Re: OT: Natural recycling at the origin of life

<irua0jtc4cb0hghugvvs5t760i0gotb2lv@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=135925&group=sci.electronics.design#135925

From: jl@997PotHill.com (John Larkin)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2024 07:17:34 -0700
 by: John Larkin - Thu, 28 Mar 2024 14:17 UTC

On Thu, 28 Mar 2024 08:47:25 GMT, Jan Panteltje <alien@comet.invalid>
wrote:

>On a sunny day (Wed, 27 Mar 2024 09:44:15 -0700) it happened John Larkin
><jl@997PotHill.com> wrote in <dti80jl4nslbe1c5hjs3d3t3jffm7uf59f@4ax.com>:
>
>>On Wed, 27 Mar 2024 16:35:21 GMT, Jan Panteltje <alien@comet.invalid>
>>wrote:

>>>Homelessness is also a top in the US.
>>
>>Millions of legal and illegal migrants put pressure on housing. And so
>>does tons of Chinese fentanyl.
>>
>>>China is now way ahead of you 'merricans.
>>
>>How so? It's run by and for thugs.
>>
>>>US IQ is falling, its debt (mostly owned by China and Japan)
>>>increases every year.
>>
>>The us debt is bad, but not as bad as many other countries. It will be
>>inflated away.
>>

>>>All US really exports is weapons and war and unrest.
>>
>>And oil, NG, coal, machinery, airplanes, electronic components, food.
>
>Do not think many will buy your Boeing planes after the last problems.
>China, a huge market, just showed their own passenger jet.
>
>US can force other countries to buy its oil by blowing up the Russia-Germany pipeline
>force us not not to sell our chip technology to China, causing everybody in Europe to pay more for gas and heating,
>but it WILL have a recoil.
>
>Inflation makes your dollar worthless so you won't be able to buy Chinese and European high tech anymore
>Once you live in tents it is time to review your position!
>With inflation and sanctions against China all your household equipment and electronics like phones will be more expensive.
>I use electronics parts and modules from China that you cannot even come close to in price.
>And those work perfectly.
>Noisy F35 crap our CIA controlled government had to buy from you pollutes the skies here.
>Ultra right is getting stronger and stronger and at some point bombs will rain on US when you least expect it
>Duck under a table if you can still afford a decent table.
>I do not eat any US exported food, dangerous anyways with all those virus experiments over there..
>Chances of being shot are big too over there, even kids shoot each other at schools in the US.
>Maybe the next new weapon your club invents will eliminate earth from the skies....
>or your Faulty will eradicate all life in the US in his next experiment.
>
> not worth helping the frozen brains.

You really hate the USA. To quote a reported Chinese proverb, "If you
save someone's life, they will hate you forever."

Re: OT: Natural recycling at the origin of life

<uu5ph9$1v6gt$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=135932&group=sci.electronics.design#135932

From: alien@comet.invalid (Jan Panteltje)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2024 07:10:32 GMT
 by: Jan Panteltje - Fri, 29 Mar 2024 07:10 UTC

On a sunny day (Thu, 28 Mar 2024 07:17:34 -0700) it happened John Larkin
<jl@997PotHill.com> wrote in <irua0jtc4cb0hghugvvs5t760i0gotb2lv@4ax.com>:

>On Thu, 28 Mar 2024 08:47:25 GMT, Jan Panteltje <alien@comet.invalid>
>wrote:
>
>>On a sunny day (Wed, 27 Mar 2024 09:44:15 -0700) it happened John Larkin
>><jl@997PotHill.com> wrote in <dti80jl4nslbe1c5hjs3d3t3jffm7uf59f@4ax.com>:

>>>Millions of legal and illegal migrants put pressure on housing. And so
>>>does tons of Chinese fentanyl.

>>>How so? It's run by and for thugs.

>>>The us debt is bad, but not as bad as many other countries. It will be
>>>inflated away.

>>>And oil, NG, coal, machinery, airplanes, electronic components, food.
>>
>>Do not think many will buy your Boeing planes after the last problems.
>>China, a huge market, just showed their own passenger jet.
>>
>>US can force other countries to buy its oil by blowing up the Russia-Germany pipeline
>>force us not not to sell our chip technology to China, causing everybody in Europe to pay more for gas and heating,
>>but it WILL have a recoil.
>>
>>Inflation makes your dollar worthless so you won't be able to buy Chinese and European high tech anymore
>>Once you live in tents it is time to review your position!
>>With inflation and sanctions against China all your household equipment and electronics like phones will be more expensive.
>>I use electronics parts and modules from China that you cannot even come close to in price.
>>And those work perfectly.
>>Noisy F35 crap our CIA controlled government had to buy from you pollutes the skies here.
>>Ultra right is getting stronger and stronger and at some point bombs will rain on US when you least expect it
>>Duck under a table if you can still afford a decent table.
>>I do not eat any US exported food, dangerous anyways with all those virus experiments over there..
>>Chances of being shot are big too over there, even kids shoot each other at schools in the US.
>>Maybe the next new weapon your club invents will eliminate earth from the skies....
>>or your Faulty will eradicate all life in the US in his next experiment.
>>
>> not worth helping the frozen brains.
>>

>You really hate the USA. To quote a reported Chinese proverb, "If you
>save someone's life, they will hate you forever."

Oh I do not hate the US, many sane people there.
My father was imprisoned in Germany in WW2 (he was in the resistance) and was freed by the Russians.
Your endless clueless babble about history and life and probably other things shows.

US Military Industrial Complex just makes war to try to make money,
make some nice products that people like, THAT would help your economy.

US declining at record speed.
Creating unrest all over the globe will only bring the destruction of that club closer.
MUCH closer.

So filter.
Wonder whats left visible of the group after that.

Re: OT: Natural recycling at the origin of life

<oakd0jl5a46amtmoce4ice6aq7orma2quj@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=135942&group=sci.electronics.design#135942

From: jl@997PotHill.com (John Larkin)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2024 07:48:15 -0700
 by: John Larkin - Fri, 29 Mar 2024 14:48 UTC

On Fri, 29 Mar 2024 07:10:32 GMT, Jan Panteltje <alien@comet.invalid>
wrote:

>On a sunny day (Thu, 28 Mar 2024 07:17:34 -0700) it happened John Larkin
><jl@997PotHill.com> wrote in <irua0jtc4cb0hghugvvs5t760i0gotb2lv@4ax.com>:
>
>>On Thu, 28 Mar 2024 08:47:25 GMT, Jan Panteltje <alien@comet.invalid>
>>wrote:

>>>Do not think many will buy your Boeing planes after the last problems.
>>>China, a huge market, just showed their own passenger jet.
>>>
>>>US can force other countries to buy its oil by blowing up the Russia-Germany pipeline
>>>force us not not to sell our chip technology to China, causing everybody in Europe to pay more for gas and heating,
>>>but it WILL have a recoil.
>>>
>>>Inflation makes your dollar worthless so you won't be able to buy Chinese and European high tech anymore
>>>Once you live in tents it is time to review your position!
>>>With inflation and sanctions against China all your household equipment and electronics like phones will be more expensive.
>>>I use electronics parts and modules from China that you cannot even come close to in price.
>>>And those work perfectly.
>>>Noisy F35 crap our CIA controlled government had to buy from you pollutes the skies here.
>>>Ultra right is getting stronger and stronger and at some point bombs will rain on US when you least expect it
>>>Duck under a table if you can still afford a decent table.
>>>I do not eat any US exported food, dangerous anyways with all those virus experiments over there..
>>>Chances of being shot are big too over there, even kids shoot each other at schools in the US.
>>>Maybe the next new weapon your club invents will eliminate earth from the skies....
>>>or your Faulty will eradicate all life in the US in his next experiment.
>>>
>>> not worth helping the frozen brains.
>>>

>>You really hate the USA. To quote a reported Chinese proverb, "If you
>>save someone's life, they will hate you forever."
>
>Oh I do not hate the US, many sane people there.
>My father was imprisoned in Germany in WW2 (he was in the resistance) and was freed by the Russians.
>Your endless clueless babble about history and life and probably other things shows.

Don't be obnoxious, if you can. Maybe that's just the way you are.

>US Military Industrial Complex just makes war to try to make money,
>make some nice products that people like, THAT would help your economy.

Yes, NATO member countries should fund their own defense.

>US declining at record speed.

I think we're doing fine, and the best talent in the world come here
to play.

>Creating unrest all over the globe will only bring the destruction of that club closer.
>MUCH closer.

The US occasionally makes a futile effort to bring order to people who
won't have it. We did pretty well for Japan, Germany, Italy, and the
Phillipines after WWII, which war we didn't start. We didn't start WWI
either. The US was pacifist, and had a pitiful military, before each
of those wars. We'd sign all sorts of weapons bans and military limits
if certain parties would agree and honor the deals.

Europe has millenia of history of warfare and mega-deaths, which is
slowly tapering off. I hope.

Re: OT: Natural recycling at the origin of life

<uu8a7v$r6s1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=135954&group=sci.electronics.design#135954

From: bill.sloman@ieee.org (Bill Sloman)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2024 17:07:42 +1100
 by: Bill Sloman - Sat, 30 Mar 2024 06:07 UTC

On 30/03/2024 1:48 am, John Larkin wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Mar 2024 07:10:32 GMT, Jan Panteltje <alien@comet.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> On a sunny day (Thu, 28 Mar 2024 07:17:34 -0700) it happened John Larkin
>> <jl@997PotHill.com> wrote in <irua0jtc4cb0hghugvvs5t760i0gotb2lv@4ax.com>:

>>> You really hate the USA. To quote a reported Chinese proverb, "If you
>>> save someone's life, they will hate you forever."
>>
>> Oh I do not hate the US, many sane people there.
>> My father was imprisoned in Germany in WW2 (he was in the resistance) and was freed by the Russians.
>>
>> Your endless clueless babble about history and life and probably other things shows.
>
> Don't be obnoxious, if you can. Maybe that's just the way you are.

Pointing out that John Larkin is a source of clueless is unkind, but
accurate. It's a public health warning - John Larkin may well find it
obnoxious, but he does deserve it.

>> US Military Industrial Complex just makes war to try to make money,
>> make some nice products that people like, THAT would help your economy.
>
> Yes, NATO member countries should fund their own defense.

They do. Their military industrial complexes aren't as greedy as their
American equivalents (who love to sell into Europe too).

>> US declining at record speed.
>
> I think we're doing fine, and the best talent in the world come here
> to play.

John Larkin has some antiquated ideas.

>> Creating unrest all over the globe will only bring the destruction of that club closer.
>> MUCH closer.
>
> The US occasionally makes a futile effort to bring order to people who
> won't have it. We did pretty well for Japan, Germany, Italy, and the
> Phillipines after WWII, which war we didn't start.

The US wasn't the only occupying power in Japan after WW2, and even less
so in Europe. You helped win WW2 in order to survive, not to "restore
order".

> We didn't start WWI either.

So what?

> The US was pacifist, and had a pitiful military, before each
> of those wars.

Click here to read the complete article