From: dk4xp@arcor.de (Gerhard Hoffmann)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: China: Government Starts Phasing Out American Processors,
Operating Systems on Government Computers
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2024 01:14:41 +0200
<uu5bu2$2lo2$2@dont-email.me> <6cfc0j5r2mtjnr2nfvc91dr227tfu8tnp8@4ax.com>
<uu5kr3$4d6q$1@dont-email.me> <uu5mll$4ooq$1@dont-email.me>
<fbmd0j9327712tcaijrb8obcdjaiqas3l8@4ax.com>
<feue0jpkkqijmq2jgkccokus01i6no4be1@4ax.com>
<t52f0jd869j11m7fuj3626fk16nap0rgco@4ax.com>
<m3of0jpl2gfhve4fhrlibra2osa8v31dih@4ax.com>
<qobl0jhmb6g3hbo0a2litdpvhe3joi3chf@4ax.com>
<a0il0jpen44ntgl9kqflkqi5h5ehik27n2@4ax.com> <uuev46$2l7v0$1@dont-email.me>
<t94m0jl03trg2ldhgielju6o171h6p2cok@4ax.com>
 by: Gerhard Hoffmann - Mon, 1 Apr 2024 23:14 UTC

Am 01.04.24 um 22:05 schrieb john larkin:

> [...]

I'm missing the 11th, I could probably find more:

Thou shalt not have slaves!

>>> https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2024/04/01/athiest-richard-dawkins-says-he-would-choose-christianity-over-islam-every-single-time/

Dawkins, an avid atheist, prefers Christian principles, as did some of
>>> the atheist signers of the constitution. I wonder if Dawkins is
>>> getting religious in his final years.

No, he just sorts religions by evilness.

> Western religions have converged to peaceful co-existence. Muslim
> factions sure haven't.
>
> "Christianity is the religion of life, and Islam is the religion of
> death."

The last witch burnt on the stake in Europe was Anna Göldi from
Switzerland in 1782, 5 years earlier than your constitution.
And the US had 12 years of peace since then, so much for the praise
of peaceful coexistence.

When I was on Iceland with the motorbike, I stumbled across this
tombstone/memorial of a Catholic Bishop who was killed together
with his two sons (!) because he insisted in staying catholic
and not turning protestant. Same religion, wrong flavour is enough.
It's not that our clerics here are any better. It's just that
there is now some social pressure not to kill people.

<
https://www.flickr.com/photos/137684711@N07/36066682984/in/dateposted-public/

The 2 sons of the bishop did not make it on the memorial as
living proof of their fathers sins.
Or really, no longer living proof.

Or read about the crusade against the Albigenses in southern
France with the killings of the towns of Béziers & Carcasonne.
Caedite eos! Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius!
Latin: Kill them all! The Lord will know those on His side!
(Attribute translation errors to me.)

Nothing has killed more people than religion except maybe
smallpox and the plague.

Gerhard

I would if I could, but I can't, so I won't. That's logic!
( L. Carrol?)

Re: China: Government Starts Phasing Out American Processors, Operating Systems on Government Computers

<omjm0jt61ohbkeqfl459n8stacm35899o1@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=136045&group=sci.electronics.design#136045

From: jl@650pot.com (john larkin)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: China: Government Starts Phasing Out American Processors, Operating Systems on Government Computers
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2024 17:25:03 -0700
References: <6cfc0j5r2mtjnr2nfvc91dr227tfu8tnp8@4ax.com> <uu5kr3$4d6q$1@dont-email.me> <uu5mll$4ooq$1@dont-email.me> <fbmd0j9327712tcaijrb8obcdjaiqas3l8@4ax.com> <feue0jpkkqijmq2jgkccokus01i6no4be1@4ax.com> <t52f0jd869j11m7fuj3626fk16nap0rgco@4ax.com> <m3of0jpl2gfhve4fhrlibra2osa8v31dih@4ax.com> <qobl0jhmb6g3hbo0a2litdpvhe3joi3chf@4ax.com> <a0il0jpen44ntgl9kqflkqi5h5ehik27n2@4ax.com> <uuev46$2l7v0$1@dont-email.me> <t94m0jl03trg2ldhgielju6o171h6p2cok@4ax.com> <uuff51$b0g$2@solani.org>
 by: john larkin - Tue, 2 Apr 2024 00:25 UTC

On Tue, 2 Apr 2024 01:14:41 +0200, Gerhard Hoffmann <dk4xp@arcor.de>
wrote:

>I'm missing the 11th, I could probably find more:
>
>Thou shalt not have slaves!

>Dawkins, an avid atheist, prefers Christian principles, as did some of
>
>No, he just sorts religions by evilness.

He recently called himself "a cultural Christian" and says that he
prefers to live in a country based on Christian principles. That's
sensible.

>> Western religions have converged to peaceful co-existence. Muslim
>> factions sure haven't.
>>
>> "Christianity is the religion of life, and Islam is the religion of
>> death."
>
>The last witch burnt on the stake in Europe was Anna Göldi from
>Switzerland in 1782, 5 years earlier than your constitution.

We've made progress in 250 years. Isn't that good?

>And the US had 12 years of peace since then, so much for the praise
>of peaceful coexistence.
>

>When I was on Iceland with the motorbike, I stumbled across this
>tombstone/memorial of a Catholic Bishop who was killed together
>with his two sons (!) because he insisted in staying catholic
>and not turning protestant. Same religion, wrong flavour is enough.
>It's not that our clerics here are any better. It's just that
>there is now some social pressure not to kill people.
>
><
>https://www.flickr.com/photos/137684711@N07/36066682984/in/dateposted-public/
> >

>The 2 sons of the bishop did not make it on the memorial as
>living proof of their fathers sins.
>Or really, no longer living proof.
>
>Or read about the crusade against the Albigenses in southern
>France with the killings of the towns of Béziers & Carcasonne.
>Caedite eos! Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius!
>Latin: Kill them all! The Lord will know those on His side!
>(Attribute translation errors to me.)
>
>Nothing has killed more people than religion except maybe
>smallpox and the plague.

Most people once lived in tribes of around 150 people. Around 25% of
males died in tribal warfare.

Re: China: Government Starts Phasing Out American Processors, Operating Systems on Government Computers

<uug1m3$30fcf$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=136046&group=sci.electronics.design#136046

From: bill.sloman@ieee.org (Bill Sloman)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Operating Systems on Government Computers
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2024 15:30:57 +1100
<uu5kr3$4d6q$1@dont-email.me> <uu5mll$4ooq$1@dont-email.me>
<fbmd0j9327712tcaijrb8obcdjaiqas3l8@4ax.com>
<feue0jpkkqijmq2jgkccokus01i6no4be1@4ax.com>
<t52f0jd869j11m7fuj3626fk16nap0rgco@4ax.com>
<m3of0jpl2gfhve4fhrlibra2osa8v31dih@4ax.com>
<qobl0jhmb6g3hbo0a2litdpvhe3joi3chf@4ax.com>
<a0il0jpen44ntgl9kqflkqi5h5ehik27n2@4ax.com> <uuev46$2l7v0$1@dont-email.me>
<t94m0jl03trg2ldhgielju6o171h6p2cok@4ax.com> <uuff51$b0g$2@solani.org>
<omjm0jt61ohbkeqfl459n8stacm35899o1@4ax.com>
 by: Bill Sloman - Tue, 2 Apr 2024 04:30 UTC

On 2/04/2024 11:25 am, john larkin wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Apr 2024 01:14:41 +0200, Gerhard Hoffmann <dk4xp@arcor.de> wrote:
>> Am 01.04.24 um 22:05 schrieb john larkin:

<snip>

> Most people once lived in tribes of around 150 people. Around 25% of
> males died in tribal warfare.

Most people still live in tribes of about 150 people, though they aren't
as closely genetically related to the other members of their tribes as
they used to be.

Civilisation is the process of developing ways of resolving inter-tribal
disputes without killing people.

We may almost have got to the point where large scale social units -
nations and federations of nations - don't go to war any more.

Not every nation has educated enough of their population to the point
where they've mastered the art of non-violent competition - Russia still
needs work - but we do seem to be getting close.

--
Bill Sloman