From: bill.sloman@ieee.org (Bill Sloman)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: China: Government Starts Phasing Out American Processors,
Operating Systems on Government Computers
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2024 21:32:10 +1100
<6o2c0jdq60peionq5pqhcemihrp44erfsh@4ax.com> <uu5bu2$2lo2$2@dont-email.me>
<6cfc0j5r2mtjnr2nfvc91dr227tfu8tnp8@4ax.com> <uu5kr3$4d6q$1@dont-email.me>
<uu5mll$4ooq$1@dont-email.me> <fbmd0j9327712tcaijrb8obcdjaiqas3l8@4ax.com>
<feue0jpkkqijmq2jgkccokus01i6no4be1@4ax.com>
<t52f0jd869j11m7fuj3626fk16nap0rgco@4ax.com>
<m3of0jpl2gfhve4fhrlibra2osa8v31dih@4ax.com>
<qobl0jhmb6g3hbo0a2litdpvhe3joi3chf@4ax.com>
<a0il0jpen44ntgl9kqflkqi5h5ehik27n2@4ax.com>
<QN2PN.604050$PuZ9.409368@fx11.iad>
<lljp0jlgq18o7h576d7ddok6o9gqto07vt@4ax.com>
<9T5PN.760688$xHn7.335944@fx14.iad>
<mkrq0j5l3cavgejrntccn039u4v9gc8m49@4ax.com>
<P1fPN.125214$SyNd.89454@fx33.iad>
<8qvq0jdk5pqkial5s2q5uvnki3oc3miorq@4ax.com>
<1qrghb7.1re43pp1ewb324N%snipeco.2@gmail.com> <uuleb9$f6oc$2@dont-email.me>
<1qrhmwv.1s27vl61ss4b4xN%snipeco.2@gmail.com>
 by: Bill Sloman - Fri, 5 Apr 2024 10:32 UTC

On 4/04/2024 10:22 pm, Sn!pe wrote:
> Bill Sloman <bill.sloman@ieee.org> wrote:

>>> Of course that's correct, provided you are content with left-wing truth.
>>>

>> The Guardian doesn't report "left wing truth". It aims for factual
>> accuracy. My experience was that the UK right-wing press ignored
>> inconvenient facts, and The Guardian didn't.
>
> I disagree; obviously YMMV.

You don't say why. There's a certain knee-jerk reaction to "Guardian
readers" amongst demented right-wingers, and your reaction means you get
assigned to that category. More information might have got you off the hook.

> My take on this is that one should keep
> one's critical faculties very firmly engaged when reading anything
> published by any organisation that expects to make money from it
> or that has a political agenda.

They all do. The Guardian's political agenda is dead simple - they want
to provide reliable information. They are human, so they fall short,b bt
they don't do badly.

> I think there is little to be gained by arguing the toss on this so
> please feel free to have the last word.

If you lack the skill to construct even a crude approximation to a
rational argument, this would be a rational choice.

>> It you want "left wing truth", read the Morning Star (once the Daily
>> Worker).
>>
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morning_Star_(British_newspaper)
>
> Good grief, no, thank you very much.

But it is what what John Larkin imagines the Guardian to be.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney