From: bill.sloman@ieee.org (Bill Sloman)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: China: Government Starts Phasing Out American Processors,
Operating Systems on Government Computers
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2024 16:28:38 +1000
<4n4b0j95r1n9aglef82t9u0bufhkbal5o6@4ax.com> <uu5a7j$28in$2@dont-email.me>
<26fc0j9riv6ljcg4o1a9j56oqdv0nllffk@4ax.com>
<g7ld0jh21n6pfqfp3oani6a8d7o7ul2sja@4ax.com> <uu84hf$q46a$1@dont-email.me>
<c7nf0jhsj16sgsvbn0pessl1v2ntoq1lag@4ax.com> <uu98l5$1202m$2@dont-email.me>
<uukmju$ek9$1@gonzo.revmaps.no-ip.org>
<7utt0jpgrihvigmp1aauj4rn0bgbhshaad@4ax.com>
<uuraoh$48oi$1@gonzo.revmaps.no-ip.org>
<cef81j1nvurl7q5anh8qiunof4nt92iad3@4ax.com>
 by: Bill Sloman - Tue, 9 Apr 2024 06:28 UTC

On 9/04/2024 4:57 am, john larkin wrote:
> On Sat, 6 Apr 2024 11:13:21 -0000 (UTC), Jasen Betts
> <usenet@revmaps.no-ip.org> wrote:
>
>> On 2024-04-04, john larkin <jl@650pot.com> wrote:

>>> He made the first practical electric car and sells them in volume.
>>
>> But he didn't invent it. He puchased the title of "Co-Founder" at the
>> already existing Tesla Motor Company some 5 years in.
>>
>>> Space-x has crushed the big rocket companies. Landing and reusing
>>> rockets is amazing.
>>>
>>> His LEO comm satellite constellation is unique too.
>>
>> He has a lot of money, he buys a lot of toys. This seems to impress
>> week willed women, and you.
>
> What impresses me is ideas.

Ideas that you haven't heard about before, even if everybody else has.

> Even bad ideas are better than no ideas.

Why? Both are perfectly useless. The process of working out that an idea
actually is bad can be educational, but you aren't into getting educated.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney