Subject: Re: A.I. will SAVE every crummy photographer
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
From: alfred_molon@yahoo.com (Alfred Molon)
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2023 18:40:43 +0200
 by: Alfred Molon - Thu, 13 Jul 2023 16:40 UTC

Am 13.07.2023 um 03:52 schrieb RichA:
> It'll get to the point where you'll not have to do anything at all to get a shot.
> You can (as a no-talent) hang your new "Fracture-printed" photo on your wall with pride!!

Already now my Samsung phone does an excellent job at processing the
phone image, brightening the shadows, choosing nice colour and lighting.
Especially the auto-HDR thing works very well.
To get the same result I have to spend time on the RAW files of my
digital camera, tweaking them in Photoshop until I get the desired result.
--
Alfred Molon

Olympus 4/3 and micro 4/3 cameras forum at
https://groups.io/g/myolympus
https://myolympus.org/ photo sharing site

Re: A.I. will SAVE every crummy photographer

<55cc61d0-f8e6-459d-959e-639f137480b3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=14362&group=rec.photo.digital#14362

Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2023 16:50:23 -0700 (PDT)
From: cdsross@gmail.com (Magani)
 by: Magani - Thu, 13 Jul 2023 23:50 UTC

On Friday, 14 July 2023 at 2:40:51 am UTC+10, Alfred Molon wrote:
> Am 13.07.2023 um 03:52 schrieb RichA:
> > It'll get to the point where you'll not have to do anything at all to get a shot.
> > You can (as a no-talent) hang your new "Fracture-printed" photo on your wall with pride!!
> Already now my Samsung phone does an excellent job at processing the
> phone image, brightening the shadows, choosing nice colour and lighting.
> Especially the auto-HDR thing works very well.
> To get the same result I have to spend time on the RAW files of my
> digital camera, tweaking them in Photoshop until I get the desired result..
> --
> Alfred Molon
>
> Olympus 4/3 and micro 4/3 cameras forum at
> https://groups.io/g/myolympus
> https://myolympus.org/ photo sharing site

>> To get the same result I have to spend time on the RAW files of my
>> digital camera, tweaking them in Photoshop until I get the desired result.

But at least that way, the image is what you make it, not the AI in the phone over which you have no or little control.
In some situations these two processes may end up with much the sameresult, but not always.

I tend to do jpg + dng on my Samsung, as the processed-by-phone jpg is generally suitable to send straight to friends and family, especially if I'm away from my big PC.

Cheers,
Magani

Re: A.I. will SAVE every crummy photographer

<fjfsM.511655$GF_d.501532@fx15.ams1>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=14363&group=rec.photo.digital#14363

Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
From: alfred_molon@yahoo.com (Alfred Molon)
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2023 19:09:31 +0200
 by: Alfred Molon - Fri, 14 Jul 2023 17:09 UTC

Am 14.07.2023 um 01:50 schrieb Magani:
> On Friday, 14 July 2023 at 2:40:51 am UTC+10, Alfred Molon wrote:
>> Am 13.07.2023 um 03:52 schrieb RichA:
>>> It'll get to the point where you'll not have to do anything at all to get a shot.
>>> You can (as a no-talent) hang your new "Fracture-printed" photo on your wall with pride!!
>> Already now my Samsung phone does an excellent job at processing the
>> phone image, brightening the shadows, choosing nice colour and lighting.
>> Especially the auto-HDR thing works very well.
>> To get the same result I have to spend time on the RAW files of my
>> digital camera, tweaking them in Photoshop until I get the desired result.
>> --
>> Alfred Molon
>>
>> Olympus 4/3 and micro 4/3 cameras forum at
>> https://groups.io/g/myolympus
>> https://myolympus.org/ photo sharing site
>

>>> To get the same result I have to spend time on the RAW files of my
>>> digital camera, tweaking them in Photoshop until I get the desired result.
>
> But at least that way, the image is what you make it, not the AI in the phone over which you have no or little control.
> In some situations these two processes may end up with much the sameresult, but not always.
>
> I tend to do jpg + dng on my Samsung, as the processed-by-phone jpg is generally suitable to send straight to friends and family, especially if I'm away from my big PC.

Well, right now I have to process all RAWs because > 99% of all
in-camera JPEGS are too ugly to be usable. It would be great if my
camera managed to generate JPEGs which are as cute as those of my phone.