"Hello again, Peabody here..." -- Mister Peabody

tech / rec.photo.digital / Photoshop

SubjectAuthor
* PhotoshopAlfred Molon
`* Photoshopgeoff
 `* PhotoshopWhisky-dave
  +- Photoshopnospam
  `* PhotoshopAlfred Molon
   `- PhotoshopAlfred Molon

1
Photoshop

<KA2TL.494216$alff.205176@fx07.ams1>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=14487&group=rec.photo.digital#14487

Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
From: alfred_molon@yahoo.com (Alfred Molon)
Subject: Photoshop
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2023 21:25:15 +0100
 by: Alfred Molon - Thu, 23 Mar 2023 20:25 UTC

After the last update, Photoshop started blinking blinking like a
stroboscope whenever I opened an image file.

I rebooted the PC, uninstalled and reinstalled Photoshop, but it would
continue flashing like a stroboscope.

Finally, I found this in the Adobe forums:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/after-photoshop-latest-update-screen-starts-blinking/idi-p/13673834?profile.language=de

All I can say, my goodness, why can't Adobe deliver a product which does
not blink or require users to "deactivate native canvas" in the
settings. Don't they have a quality control?
--
Alfred Molon

Olympus 4/3 and micro 4/3 cameras forum at
https://groups.io/g/myolympus
https://myolympus.org/ photo sharing site

Re: Photoshop

<4NKdnTi3C4zQJIH5nZ2dnZfqn_EAAAAA@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=14488&group=rec.photo.digital#14488

Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2023 09:40:44 +1300
Subject: Re: Photoshop
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
From: geoff@nospamgeoffwood.org (geoff)
 by: geoff - Thu, 23 Mar 2023 20:40 UTC

On 24/03/2023 9:25 am, Alfred Molon wrote:
> After the last update, Photoshop started blinking blinking like a
> stroboscope whenever I opened an image file.
>
> I rebooted the PC, uninstalled and reinstalled Photoshop, but it would
> continue flashing like a stroboscope.
>
> Finally, I found this in the Adobe forums:
> https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/after-photoshop-latest-update-screen-starts-blinking/idi-p/13673834?profile.language=de
>
> All I can say, my goodness, why can't Adobe deliver a product which does
> not blink or require users to "deactivate native canvas" in the
> settings. Don't they have a quality control?

Instead of finding this workaround maybe they could have put the effort
into fixing the problem and issuing another update...

geoff

Re: Photoshop

<35036a10-f09b-4e81-8893-aa91d891c61fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=14489&group=rec.photo.digital#14489

Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2023 05:54:05 -0700 (PDT)
From: whisky.dave@gmail.com (Whisky-dave)
 by: Whisky-dave - Fri, 24 Mar 2023 12:54 UTC

On Thursday, 23 March 2023 at 20:41:01 UTC, geoff wrote:
> On 24/03/2023 9:25 am, Alfred Molon wrote:
> > After the last update, Photoshop started blinking blinking like a
> > stroboscope whenever I opened an image file.
> >
> > I rebooted the PC, uninstalled and reinstalled Photoshop, but it would
> > continue flashing like a stroboscope.
> >
> > Finally, I found this in the Adobe forums:
> > https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/after-photoshop-latest-update-screen-starts-blinking/idi-p/13673834?profile.language=de
> >
> > All I can say, my goodness, why can't Adobe deliver a product which does
> > not blink or require users to "deactivate native canvas" in the
> > settings. Don't they have a quality control?
> Instead of finding this workaround maybe they could have put the effort
> into fixing the problem and issuing another update...
>
> geoff
It could be people that have particular versions of windows or graphic cards so not all users are affected.
Modern siftware is quite complex and differnt drivers etc can have an effect.

I wonder if any Apple users have been affected.

Re: Photoshop

<240320230911232617%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=14490&group=rec.photo.digital#14490

From: nospam@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2023 09:11:23 -0400
 by: nospam - Fri, 24 Mar 2023 13:11 UTC

In article <35036a10-f09b-4e81-8893-aa91d891c61fn@googlegroups.com>,
Whisky-dave <whisky.dave@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > All I can say, my goodness, why can't Adobe deliver a product which does
> > > not blink or require users to "deactivate native canvas" in the
> > > settings. Don't they have a quality control?
>
> > Instead of finding this workaround maybe they could have put the effort
> > into fixing the problem and issuing another update...
> >
> It could be people that have particular versions of windows or graphic cards
> so not all users are affected.
> Modern siftware is quite complex and differnt drivers etc can have an effect.

that's almost always why.

photoshop pushes hardware to its limits and sometimes problems appear
with some configurations.

adobe can't fix problems with products they don't make. all they can do
is release a workaround and hope that the actual problem is eventually
fixed.

> I wonder if any Apple users have been affected.

probably not.

Re: Photoshop

<CKzTL.47730$m9Mb.45939@fx04.ams1>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=14492&group=rec.photo.digital#14492

Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
From: alfred_molon@yahoo.com (Alfred Molon)
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2023 11:08:34 +0100
 by: Alfred Molon - Sat, 25 Mar 2023 10:08 UTC

Am 24.03.2023 um 13:54 schrieb Whisky-dave:

> It could be people that have particular versions of windows or graphic cards so not all users are affected.
> Modern siftware is quite complex and differnt drivers etc can have an effect.
>
> I wonder if any Apple users have been affected.

Well, I've never had an image processing application doing this kind of
blinking nonsense.

BTW, also Adobe Bridge malfunctions. After I let it index a folder with
RAW files, after the indexing is completed it continues running in the
background consuming 20-25% CPU. It does so, even after I closed Bridge.
The only way to stop it is to kill the process in the task manager.
--
Alfred Molon

Olympus 4/3 and micro 4/3 cameras forum at
https://groups.io/g/myolympus
https://myolympus.org/ photo sharing site

Re: Photoshop

<M6ATL.62743$aQS9.45506@fx01.ams1>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=14493&group=rec.photo.digital#14493

Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
From: alfred_molon@yahoo.com (Alfred Molon)
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2023 11:34:21 +0100
 by: Alfred Molon - Sat, 25 Mar 2023 10:34 UTC

Am 25.03.2023 um 11:08 schrieb Alfred Molon:

> BTW, also Adobe Bridge malfunctions. After I let it index a folder with
> RAW files, after the indexing is completed it continues running in the
> background consuming 20-25% CPU. It does so, even after I closed Bridge.
> The only way to stop it is to kill the process in the task manager.

I posted this problem here:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge-discussions/adobe-bridge-permanent-cpu-usage/td-p/13677906

then found this other thread where somebody is reporting the same problem:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge-discussions/adobe-bridge-13-0-3-still-very-broken-regarding-performance/td-p/13672843

One poster is writing that he reverted to Bridge CC 2018 "because its
literally 100x faster and smoother then this".