19 May, 2024: Line wrapping has been changed to be more consistent with Usenet standards.

tech / sci.math / Re: Zero is NOT a number.

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Zero is NOT a number.bassam karzeddin
`- Re: Zero is NOT a number.bassam karzeddin

1
Re: Zero is NOT a number.

<6092d925-c139-4781-afa1-301daf34a4ean@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=149426&group=sci.math#149426

Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2023 06:33:45 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Zero is NOT a number.
From: b.karzeddin@yahoo.com (bassam karzeddin)
 by: bassam karzeddin - Wed, 27 Sep 2023 13:33 UTC

On Thursday, February 13, 2020 at 4:51:45 PM UTC+2, bassam karzeddin wrote:
> [...]
> >
> > Am Donnerstag, 13. Februar 2020 15:30:37 UTC+1 schrieb Eram semper recta:
> > > Poor idiot mainstream academics.
> > >
> > > A number is by definition a ratio which by definition is a comparison or measure.
> > >
> > > The first ratios were NOT numbers but magnitudes. e.g. pi = c : 2r
> > >
> > > As we know, 2r (diameter) does not measure c (circumference).
> > >
> > > A NUMBER DESCRIBES THE ****MEASURE**** OF A SIZE OR QUANTITY OR MAGNITUDE.
> > >
> > > 0 does NOT describe the ****MEASURE**** of ANY size, therefore 0 is NOT a number.
> > >
> > > The chief property of a NUMBER is that it has a COMMON MEASURE with other NUMBERS. 0 has NO COMMON measure with any other number.
> > >
> > > 0 is a PLACE-HOLDER. NOTHING more, NOTHING LESS.
> > >
> > > 0 is NOT a NUMBER.
> > >
> > > Therefore, since any number is written as p:q where both p and q are measured in whole units, it follows that neither can be 0.
> > >
> > > While it is common to assume that 0/q = 0, it is not strictly speaking correct because NO part of q measures 0.
> > >
> > > It is utterly meaningless to write 0/q but because algebra is a weak form of geometry, 0/q is just another way of saying 0 in algebra which means 0 in the role of place-holder. There is no such thing as 0 magnitude in geometry.
> > >
> > > Now since all the arithmetic operations in algebra are directly derived from geometry, it must be remembered that the role it plays in algebra is strictly that of PLACE-HOLDER.
> > >
> > > Rather than write x^2 + 2x + 1 in algebra when we wish to solve for zeroes, we write x^2 + 2x + 1 = 0. We could write x^2 + 2x + 1 = but this is ambiguous.
> > >
> > > In fact, ZERO is not required at all in mathematics but it is very useful as I explain in my article:
> > >
> > > https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/all-zero-john-gabriel/
> Why don't you collapse Mostowski, OR do you prefer to be so drunk about it till you pass away as a Troll
>
> Zero isn't any number anymore, this has been finalized by your new highest legal authorities with many rigorous proofs, and JG is completely right about it, and there are more surprise to you on the way
>
> Go here and see your nonsense no number as a source of Long Troll in every human-like knowledge, and how would you convince the new AI about it, or about your no numbers that end with the most powerful three signs (...) of absolute abnormal human stupidity, when writing for AI Your alleged real numbers say like this (0.142857142857142857...), or that no number like this
>
> (1.4142135623...)? wonders!
>
> How can you convince the artificial new beings that are going to replace you very soon with all your long inherited and very stupid nonsense mythmatics?
>
> Link for your education that you must appreciate
>
> https://www.quora.com/Isnt-there-a-problem-basically-with-zero-or-the-problems-are-basically-with-those-many-like-frac-0-0-0-0-0-0-n-frac-n-0-n-0-1-n-0-0-0-0-etc/answer/Bassam-Karzeddin-1
>
> And tell me please, if the police moderators Trolls would allow you to see it, in order to copy-paste it for your own benefits

And with zeroless number systems we can so successfully drop zero from mathematics so effectively without losing anything meaningful FOR SURE

BKK

Re: Zero is NOT a number.

<0ce29fd8-d645-4c9b-a0ac-9a30f637c36cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=149590&group=sci.math#149590

Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2023 15:39:52 -0700 (PDT)
From: b.karzeddin@yahoo.com (bassam karzeddin)
 by: bassam karzeddin - Thu, 28 Sep 2023 22:39 UTC