Professional wrestling: ballet for the common man.

tech / rec.photo.digital / Re: Anyone have i.p. and/or provider of these Asian spammers?

SubjectAuthor
* Anyone have i.p. and/or provider of these Asian spammers?Alan Browne
+- Anyone have i.p. and/or provider of these Asian spammers?David Taylor
+* Anyone have i.p. and/or provider of these Asian spammers?Carlos E. R.
|`- Anyone have i.p. and/or provider of these Asian spammers?Carlos E. R.
`* Anyone have i.p. and/or provider of these Asian spammers?Alfred Molon
 `* Anyone have i.p. and/or provider of these Asian spammers?Alan Browne
  `* Anyone have i.p. and/or provider of these Asian spammers?Carlos E. R.
   +- Anyone have i.p. and/or provider of these Asian spammers?Alan Browne
   +* Anyone have i.p. and/or provider of these Asian spammers?Alan Browne
   |`* Anyone have i.p. and/or provider of these Asian spammers?Carlos E.R.
   | `- Anyone have i.p. and/or provider of these Asian spammers?Alan Browne
   `* Anyone have i.p. and/or provider of these Asian spammers?Alfred Molon
    +* Anyone have i.p. and/or provider of these Asian spammers?Alan Browne
    |`* Anyone have i.p. and/or provider of these Asian spammers?Alfred Molon
    | `- Anyone have i.p. and/or provider of these Asian spammers?Alan Browne
    `* Anyone have i.p. and/or provider of these Asian spammers?Carlos E.R.
     `* Anyone have i.p. and/or provider of these Asian spammers?Alfred Molon
      `* Anyone have i.p. and/or provider of these Asian spammers?Carlos E.R.
       `* Anyone have i.p. and/or provider of these Asian spammers?Alfred Molon
        `* Anyone have i.p. and/or provider of these Asian spammers?Carlos E.R.
         `- Anyone have i.p. and/or provider of these Asian spammers?Alfred Molon

1
Re: Anyone have i.p. and/or provider of these Asian spammers?

<sVa9N.85797$cAm7.41638@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=14914&group=rec.photo.digital#14914

Subject: Re: Anyone have i.p. and/or provider of these Asian spammers?
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
From: bitbucket@blackhole.com (Alan Browne)
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2023 19:56:56 -0500
 by: Alan Browne - Tue, 28 Nov 2023 00:56 UTC

On 2023-11-27 16:44, Rich wrote:
> Google groups used to let you see this. But this group of dope sellers and other malcontents have invaded usenet.

I just add them to my filter file - a little tedious, but ...

--
“Markets can remain irrational longer than your can remain solvent.”
- John Maynard Keynes.

Re: Anyone have i.p. and/or provider of these Asian spammers?

<uk3uv8$59p9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=14915&group=rec.photo.digital#14915

From: david-taylor@blueyonder.co.uk.invalid (David Taylor)
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2023 05:48:24 +0000
 by: David Taylor - Tue, 28 Nov 2023 05:48 UTC

On 28/11/2023 00:56, Alan Browne wrote:
> On 2023-11-27 16:44, Rich wrote:
>> Google groups used to let you see this. But this group of dope sellers and other malcontents have invaded usenet.
> I just add them to my filter file - a little tedious, but ...

I think that my News service has simply dropped GoogleGroup input to usenet.

--
Cheers,
David

Re: Anyone have i.p. and/or provider of these Asian spammers?

<ksm3pbFl05dU4@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=14916&group=rec.photo.digital#14916

From: robin_listas@es.invalid (Carlos E. R.)
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2023 13:12:27 +0100
 by: Carlos E. R. - Tue, 28 Nov 2023 12:12 UTC

On 2023-11-28 01:56, Alan Browne wrote:
> On 2023-11-27 16:44, Rich wrote:
>> Google groups used to let you see this.  But this group of dope
>> sellers and other malcontents have invaded usenet.

Mr, Rich post has been removed from News.Individual.net, for spamming :-P

> I just add them to my filter file - a little tedious, but ...

--
Cheers,
Carlos E.R.

Re: Anyone have i.p. and/or provider of these Asian spammers?

<ksojfuFbklbU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=14917&group=rec.photo.digital#14917

From: robin_listas@es.invalid (Carlos E. R.)
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2023 11:52:46 +0100
 by: Carlos E. R. - Wed, 29 Nov 2023 10:52 UTC

On 2023-11-29 06:28, Rich wrote:
> On Tuesday, 28 November 2023 at 07:12:33 UTC-5, Carlos E. R. wrote:
>> Mr, Rich post has been removed from News.Individual.net, for spamming :-P
>>>
>>> I just add them to my filter file - a little tedious, but ...
>>>

>> --
>> Cheers,
>> Carlos E.R.
>
> Why? Are they, like Eternal September facilitating the drug-seller's spam?

You are posting via Google Groups. That alone gives you spam points, and
your posts can be erased (maybe if some other criteria matches), either
by our upstream server like in this case, or by individuals (it is quite
common in Usenet to kill any post coming from Google Groups).

If you want to be read, stop using Google Groups, switch to a proper
Usenet provider.

--
Cheers,
Carlos E.R.

Re: Anyone have i.p. and/or provider of these Asian spammers?

<2iEdN.4763$c68d.245@fx15.ams1>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=14950&group=rec.photo.digital#14950

Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
From: alfred.molon@yahoo.com (Alfred Molon)
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2023 21:39:07 +0800
 by: Alfred Molon - Mon, 11 Dec 2023 13:39 UTC

Am 28.11.2023 um 08:56 schrieb Alan Browne:
> On 2023-11-27 16:44, Rich wrote:
>> Google groups used to let you see this.  But this group of dope
>> sellers and other malcontents have invaded usenet.
>
> I just add them to my filter file - a little tedious, but ...

I noticed that they all use a gmail email address, so created a filter
which automatically deletes posts from users with gmail addresses.
--
Alfred Molon

Re: Anyone have i.p. and/or provider of these Asian spammers?

<OVEdN.12225$7sbb.6887@fx16.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=14951&group=rec.photo.digital#14951

Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
From: bitbucket@blackhole.com (Alan Browne)
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2023 09:21:34 -0500
 by: Alan Browne - Mon, 11 Dec 2023 14:21 UTC

On 2023-12-11 08:39, Alfred Molon wrote:
> Am 28.11.2023 um 08:56 schrieb Alan Browne:
>> On 2023-11-27 16:44, Rich wrote:
>>> Google groups used to let you see this.  But this group of dope
>>> sellers and other malcontents have invaded usenet.
>>
>> I just add them to my filter file - a little tedious, but ...
>
> I noticed that they all use a gmail email address, so created a filter
> which automatically deletes posts from users with gmail addresses.

I've tried to filter this in Thunderbird on "Injection-info" contains
"googlegroups.com" but it doesn't seem to work.

How do _you_ set the filter?

--
“Markets can remain irrational longer than your can remain solvent.”
- John Maynard Keynes.

Re: Anyone have i.p. and/or provider of these Asian spammers?

<ktpjq5Fm6jnU4@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=14952&group=rec.photo.digital#14952

From: robin_listas@es.invalid (Carlos E. R.)
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2023 00:20:37 +0100
 by: Carlos E. R. - Mon, 11 Dec 2023 23:20 UTC

On 2023-12-11 15:21, Alan Browne wrote:
> On 2023-12-11 08:39, Alfred Molon wrote:
>>>
>>> I just add them to my filter file - a little tedious, but ...
>>
>> I noticed that they all use a gmail email address, so created a filter
>> which automatically deletes posts from users with gmail addresses.

Don't do this.

You can kill people not using Google Groups, but having a gmail address.
You have to kill only those actually using Google Groups.

> I've tried to filter this in Thunderbird on "Injection-info" contains
> "googlegroups.com" but it doesn't seem to work.
>
> How do _you_ set the filter?

Simple.

match on "User-Agent is G2/1.0"

You will have to select "customize" to add that header in Thunderbird.

--
Cheers,
Carlos E.R.

Re: Anyone have i.p. and/or provider of these Asian spammers?

<erOdN.7500$vFZa.6842@fx13.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=14953&group=rec.photo.digital#14953

Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
From: bitbucket@blackhole.com (Alan Browne)
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2023 20:11:38 -0500
 by: Alan Browne - Tue, 12 Dec 2023 01:11 UTC

On 2023-12-11 18:20, Carlos E. R. wrote:
> On 2023-12-11 15:21, Alan Browne wrote:

>>> I noticed that they all use a gmail email address, so created a
>>> filter which automatically deletes posts from users with gmail
>>> addresses.
>
> Don't do this.
>
> You can kill people not using Google Groups, but having a gmail address.
> You have to kill only those actually using Google Groups.

I wasn't clear.

The custom filter I set was for

"Injection-Info" contains "googlegroups.com"

>> I've tried to filter this in Thunderbird on "Injection-info" contains
>> "googlegroups.com" but it doesn't seem to work.
>>
>> How do _you_ set the filter?
>
> Simple.
>
> match on "User-Agent is G2/1.0"
>
> You will have to select "customize" to add that header in Thunderbird.

I'll try that, thanks.

--
“Markets can remain irrational longer than your can remain solvent.”
- John Maynard Keynes.

Re: Anyone have i.p. and/or provider of these Asian spammers?

<quZdN.13804$Ama9.11154@fx12.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=14954&group=rec.photo.digital#14954

Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
From: bitbucket@blackhole.com (Alan Browne)
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2023 08:45:58 -0500
 by: Alan Browne - Tue, 12 Dec 2023 13:45 UTC

On 2023-12-11 18:20, Carlos E. R. wrote:
> On 2023-12-11 15:21, Alan Browne wrote:

>>> I noticed that they all use a gmail email address, so created a
>>> filter which automatically deletes posts from users with gmail
>>> addresses.
>
> Don't do this.
>
> You can kill people not using Google Groups, but having a gmail address.
> You have to kill only those actually using Google Groups.
>

>> I've tried to filter this in Thunderbird on "Injection-info" contains
>> "googlegroups.com" but it doesn't seem to work.
>>
>> How do _you_ set the filter?
>
> Simple.
>
> match on "User-Agent is G2/1.0"
>
> You will have to select "customize" to add that header in Thunderbird.

Tried to set that. However, in one set of headers the User-agent label
has no hyphen (shows as: "User agent", and so the filter calls the space
an illegal character when I try to add it in customize).

IAC, other test filters (as above), and filtering on the
NNTP-Posting-Host containing 41.116.24.242 doesn't work either.

So either Thunderbird for Apple silicon is buggy or I'm doing something
wrong:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/p678rn7ppw6smy2drpglz/FilterTbird.png?rlkey=uexmoicrf5eegcek0j7wu1yxy

--
“Markets can remain irrational longer than your can remain solvent.”
- John Maynard Keynes.

Re: Anyone have i.p. and/or provider of these Asian spammers?

<5N_dN.8975$i529.5805@fx12.ams1>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=14955&group=rec.photo.digital#14955

Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
From: alfred.molon@yahoo.com (Alfred Molon)
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2023 23:14:07 +0800
 by: Alfred Molon - Tue, 12 Dec 2023 15:14 UTC

Am 12.12.2023 um 07:20 schrieb Carlos E. R.:
> You can kill people not using Google Groups, but having a gmail address.

Well, who on rec.photo.digital is posting with a gmail address?
--
Alfred Molon

Re: Anyone have i.p. and/or provider of these Asian spammers?

<rxneN.20987$c3Ea.15207@fx10.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=14956&group=rec.photo.digital#14956

Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
From: bitbucket@blackhole.com (Alan Browne)
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2023 14:24:07 -0500
 by: Alan Browne - Wed, 13 Dec 2023 19:24 UTC

On 2023-12-12 10:14, Alfred Molon wrote:
> Am 12.12.2023 um 07:20 schrieb Carlos E. R.:
>> You can kill people not using Google Groups, but having a gmail address.
>
> Well, who on rec.photo.digital is posting with a gmail address?

Alfred - could you post a screen shot of your filter settings please?

--
“Markets can remain irrational longer than your can remain solvent.”
- John Maynard Keynes.

Re: Anyone have i.p. and/or provider of these Asian spammers?

<CvYeN.9241$N2w8.3562@fx07.ams1>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=14957&group=rec.photo.digital#14957

Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
From: alfred.molon@yahoo.com (Alfred Molon)
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 21:28:01 +0800
 by: Alfred Molon - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 13:28 UTC

Am 14.12.2023 um 03:24 schrieb Alan Browne:
> On 2023-12-12 10:14, Alfred Molon wrote:
>> Am 12.12.2023 um 07:20 schrieb Carlos E. R.:
>>> You can kill people not using Google Groups, but having a gmail address.
>>
>> Well, who on rec.photo.digital is posting with a gmail address?
>
> Alfred - could you post a screen shot of your filter settings please?

Here we go:
https://www.molon.de/images/rpd_thunderbird_filter.png

"Von enthält" means "From contains".

Basically, in rec.photo.digital, if the From contains "@gmail.com" it
deletes the message.
--
Alfred Molon

Re: Anyone have i.p. and/or provider of these Asian spammers?

<10du4kxeup.ln2@Telcontar.valinor>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=14958&group=rec.photo.digital#14958

From: robin_listas@es.invalid (Carlos E.R.)
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 17:54:57 +0100
 by: Carlos E.R. - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 16:54 UTC

On 2023-12-12 14:45, Alan Browne wrote:
> On 2023-12-11 18:20, Carlos E. R. wrote:
>> On 2023-12-11 15:21, Alan Browne wrote:
>>> On 2023-12-11 08:39, Alfred Molon wrote:

>>> How do _you_ set the filter?
>>
>> Simple.
>>
>> match on "User-Agent is G2/1.0"
>>
>> You will have to select "customize" to add that header in Thunderbird.
>
> Tried to set that.  However, in one set of headers the User-agent label
> has no hyphen (shows as: "User agent", and so the filter calls the space
> an illegal character when I try to add it in customize).
>
> IAC, other test filters (as above), and filtering on the
> NNTP-Posting-Host containing 41.116.24.242 doesn't work either.
>
> So either Thunderbird for Apple silicon is buggy or I'm doing something
> wrong:
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/p678rn7ppw6smy2drpglz/FilterTbird.png?rlkey=uexmoicrf5eegcek0j7wu1yxy

Did you set "match all of the following"? That might not work.

I filter solely on "user-Agent contains G2/1.0" since years, it works.
Only that in the past I simply marked the posts. Now my filter is more
complex, and it is actually two filters.

condition: user-Agent contains G2/1.0
action: Tag message "Google Groups".

second filter:

user-Agent contains G2/1.0
and
From address is not in my address book "Google Groups Posters"

action: delete message

The purpose is to mark the messages, and delete them, except if they are
in a list of exceptions (so the exceptions are simply marked, the rest
are deleted).

--
Cheers, Carlos.

Re: Anyone have i.p. and/or provider of these Asian spammers?

<23eu4kx0jq.ln2@Telcontar.valinor>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=14959&group=rec.photo.digital#14959

From: robin_listas@es.invalid (Carlos E.R.)
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 18:13:38 +0100
 by: Carlos E.R. - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 17:13 UTC

On 2023-12-12 16:14, Alfred Molon wrote:
> Am 12.12.2023 um 07:20 schrieb Carlos E. R.:
>> You can kill people not using Google Groups, but having a gmail address.
>
> Well, who on rec.photo.digital is posting with a gmail address?

Since 2017-04:

Tomos Davies <cariadmenywod@gmail.com>
Bernie Bro <frederickpetersusa@gmail.com>
bengt...@gmail.com <bengt.tornq@gmail.com>
bengt.tornq@gmail.com
astigmaticowl@gmail.com
Amanda Ripanykhazova <licensedtoquill@gmail.com>
bird al <bird.fadi@gmail.com>
cdsross@gmail.com
davi...@gmail.com <davidontj@gmail.com>
David B. <davidontj@gmail.com>
Davoud <zerbatory@gmail.com>
Doug-Wombat@mosphere.com <cdsross@gmail.com>
Dr. Slick <drsmith004@gmail.com>
Elder Bates <elderbates@gmail.com>

Not using Google Groups:

....winston <winstonmvp@gmail.com>
% <persent@gmail.com>
Alan B <alanrichardbarker@gmail.com.invalid>
badgolferman <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com>
bdo...@gmail.com <bdontj@gmail.com>
benj <benj.fake@gmail.com>
BrJohan <brjohan@gmail.com>
Bruce Mullen <frozennorth.ask@gmail.com>
chop <chop654@gmail.com>
Chris <ithinkiam@gmail.com>
dale <dalekellytoo@gmail.com>
David B. <DavidB@gmail.com>
David Dewgud <david.dewgud@gmail.com>

And there I tired out. I only started the "E".

Alfred's filter on "From" is deleting everybody in the second group, and
they are all innocent, ie, non spammers.

--
Cheers, Carlos.

Re: Anyone have i.p. and/or provider of these Asian spammers?

<wX1fN.43298$yEgf.41872@fx09.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=14960&group=rec.photo.digital#14960

Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
From: bitbucket@blackhole.com (Alan Browne)
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 14:39:08 -0500
 by: Alan Browne - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 19:39 UTC

On 2023-12-15 08:28, Alfred Molon wrote:
> Am 14.12.2023 um 03:24 schrieb Alan Browne:
>>>
>>> Well, who on rec.photo.digital is posting with a gmail address?
>>
>> Alfred - could you post a screen shot of your filter settings please?
>
> Here we go:
> https://www.molon.de/images/rpd_thunderbird_filter.png
>
> "Von enthält" means "From contains".

Even I know enough German for that 🤩 (plus my SO is learning German
presently. Finds it difficult.).

> Basically, in rec.photo.digital, if the From contains "@gmail.com" it
> deletes the message.

I was hoping for a custom filter, actually.

Thanks,
Alan

--
“Markets can remain irrational longer than your can remain solvent.”
- John Maynard Keynes.

Re: Anyone have i.p. and/or provider of these Asian spammers?

<P02fN.43299$yEgf.9175@fx09.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=14961&group=rec.photo.digital#14961

Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
From: bitbucket@blackhole.com (Alan Browne)
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 14:44:47 -0500
 by: Alan Browne - Fri, 15 Dec 2023 19:44 UTC

On 2023-12-15 11:54, Carlos E.R. wrote:
> On 2023-12-12 14:45, Alan Browne wrote:

>>> Simple.
>>>
>>> match on "User-Agent is G2/1.0"
>>>
>>> You will have to select "customize" to add that header in Thunderbird.
>>
>> Tried to set that.  However, in one set of headers the User-agent
>> label has no hyphen (shows as: "User agent", and so the filter calls
>> the space an illegal character when I try to add it in customize).
>>
>> IAC, other test filters (as above), and filtering on the
>> NNTP-Posting-Host containing 41.116.24.242 doesn't work either.
>>
>> So either Thunderbird for Apple silicon is buggy or I'm doing
>> something wrong:
>>
>> https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/p678rn7ppw6smy2drpglz/FilterTbird.png?rlkey=uexmoicrf5eegcek0j7wu1yxy
>
> Did you set "match all of the following"? That might not work.

"any" of course - there are a lot of "things" I want to blow off.

> I filter solely on "user-Agent contains G2/1.0" since years, it works.
> Only that in the past I simply marked the posts. Now my filter is more
> complex, and it is actually two filters.
>
> condition: user-Agent contains G2/1.0
> action: Tag message "Google Groups".
>
> second filter:
>
> user-Agent contains G2/1.0
> and
> From address is not in my address book "Google Groups Posters"
>
> action: delete message
>

> The purpose is to mark the messages, and delete them, except if they are
> in a list of exceptions (so the exceptions are simply marked, the rest
> are deleted).

As an action I simply have "Delete Message". I don't use Tbird for mail
so it's no issue.

But Doesn't work. Could be this v. of Thunderbird perhaps.

--
“Markets can remain irrational longer than your can remain solvent.”
- John Maynard Keynes.

Re: Anyone have i.p. and/or provider of these Asian spammers?

<LphfN.22197$Xs07.8066@fx06.ams1>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=14963&group=rec.photo.digital#14963

Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
From: alfred.molon@yahoo.com (Alfred Molon)
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2023 21:15:22 +0800
 by: Alfred Molon - Sat, 16 Dec 2023 13:15 UTC

Am 16.12.2023 um 01:13 schrieb Carlos E.R.:
> On 2023-12-12 16:14, Alfred Molon wrote:
>> Am 12.12.2023 um 07:20 schrieb Carlos E. R.:
>>> You can kill people not using Google Groups, but having a gmail address.
>>
>> Well, who on rec.photo.digital is posting with a gmail address?
>
> Since 2017-04:
>
> Tomos Davies <cariadmenywod@gmail.com>
> Bernie Bro <frederickpetersusa@gmail.com>
> bengt...@gmail.com <bengt.tornq@gmail.com>
> bengt.tornq@gmail.com
> astigmaticowl@gmail.com
> Amanda Ripanykhazova <licensedtoquill@gmail.com>
> bird al <bird.fadi@gmail.com>
> cdsross@gmail.com
> davi...@gmail.com <davidontj@gmail.com>
> David B. <davidontj@gmail.com>
> Davoud <zerbatory@gmail.com>
> Doug-Wombat@mosphere.com <cdsross@gmail.com>
> Dr. Slick <drsmith004@gmail.com>
> Elder Bates <elderbates@gmail.com>
>

> Not using Google Groups:
>
> ...winston <winstonmvp@gmail.com>
> % <persent@gmail.com>
> Alan B <alanrichardbarker@gmail.com.invalid>
> badgolferman <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com>
> bdo...@gmail.com <bdontj@gmail.com>
> benj <benj.fake@gmail.com>
> BrJohan <brjohan@gmail.com>
> Bruce Mullen <frozennorth.ask@gmail.com>
> chop <chop654@gmail.com>
> Chris <ithinkiam@gmail.com>
> dale <dalekellytoo@gmail.com>
> David B. <DavidB@gmail.com>
> David Dewgud <david.dewgud@gmail.com>

Well, when did any of these people (and who exactly) last post something
here and when?
--
Alfred Molon

Re: Anyone have i.p. and/or provider of these Asian spammers?

<6eo05kxjbj.ln2@Telcontar.valinor>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=14964&group=rec.photo.digital#14964

From: robin_listas@es.invalid (Carlos E.R.)
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2023 15:22:30 +0100
 by: Carlos E.R. - Sat, 16 Dec 2023 14:22 UTC

On 2023-12-16 14:15, Alfred Molon wrote:
> Am 16.12.2023 um 01:13 schrieb Carlos E.R.:
>>>
>>> Well, who on rec.photo.digital is posting with a gmail address?
>>
>> Since 2017-04:
>>
>> Tomos Davies <cariadmenywod@gmail.com>
>> Bernie Bro <frederickpetersusa@gmail.com>
>> bengt...@gmail.com <bengt.tornq@gmail.com>
>> bengt.tornq@gmail.com
>> astigmaticowl@gmail.com
>> Amanda Ripanykhazova <licensedtoquill@gmail.com>
>> bird al <bird.fadi@gmail.com>
>> cdsross@gmail.com
>> davi...@gmail.com <davidontj@gmail.com>
>> David B. <davidontj@gmail.com>
>> Davoud <zerbatory@gmail.com>
>> Doug-Wombat@mosphere.com <cdsross@gmail.com>
>> Dr. Slick <drsmith004@gmail.com>
>> Elder Bates <elderbates@gmail.com>
>>

>> Not using Google Groups:
>>
>> ...winston <winstonmvp@gmail.com>
>> % <persent@gmail.com>
>> Alan B <alanrichardbarker@gmail.com.invalid>
>> badgolferman <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com>
>> bdo...@gmail.com <bdontj@gmail.com>
>> benj <benj.fake@gmail.com>
>> BrJohan <brjohan@gmail.com>
>> Bruce Mullen <frozennorth.ask@gmail.com>
>> chop <chop654@gmail.com>
>> Chris <ithinkiam@gmail.com>
>> dale <dalekellytoo@gmail.com>
>> David B. <DavidB@gmail.com>
>> David Dewgud <david.dewgud@gmail.com>
>
> Well, when did any of these people (and who exactly) last post something
> here and when?

That's easy to find out yourself. Several of them posted on November:

Michael F. Stemper <michael.stemper@gmail.com>
Rich <rander3128@gmail.com>
Whisky-dave <whisky.dave@gmail.com>
Incubus <u9536612@gmail.com>

--
Cheers, Carlos.

Re: Anyone have i.p. and/or provider of these Asian spammers?

<eyifN.12079$Do46.11818@fx08.ams1>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=14965&group=rec.photo.digital#14965

Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
From: alfred.molon@yahoo.com (Alfred Molon)
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2023 22:32:41 +0800
 by: Alfred Molon - Sat, 16 Dec 2023 14:32 UTC

Am 16.12.2023 um 22:22 schrieb Carlos E.R.:

>> Well, when did any of these people (and who exactly) last post
>> something here and when?
>
> That's easy to find out yourself. Several of them posted on November:
>
> Michael F. Stemper <michael.stemper@gmail.com>
> Rich <rander3128@gmail.com>
> Whisky-dave <whisky.dave@gmail.com>
> Incubus <u9536612@gmail.com>

Ok, I whitelisted these people.
--
Alfred Molon

Re: Anyone have i.p. and/or provider of these Asian spammers?

<70e15kxr4e.ln2@Telcontar.valinor>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=14966&group=rec.photo.digital#14966

From: robin_listas@es.invalid (Carlos E.R.)
Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2023 21:30:31 +0100
 by: Carlos E.R. - Sat, 16 Dec 2023 20:30 UTC

On 2023-12-16 15:32, Alfred Molon wrote:
> Am 16.12.2023 um 22:22 schrieb Carlos E.R.:
>
>>> Well, when did any of these people (and who exactly) last post
>>> something here and when?
>>
>> That's easy to find out yourself. Several of them posted on November:
>>
>> Michael F. Stemper <michael.stemper@gmail.com>
>> Rich <rander3128@gmail.com>
>> Whisky-dave <whisky.dave@gmail.com>
>> Incubus <u9536612@gmail.com>
>
> Ok, I whitelisted these people.

There may be a hundred names of people with gmail addresses that are not
spammers and who posted here at some time in just the last 5 years.

--
Cheers, Carlos.

Re: Anyone have i.p. and/or provider of these Asian spammers?

<YIWfN.14678$c8T6.9863@fx05.ams1>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=14968&group=rec.photo.digital#14968

Newsgroups: rec.photo.digital
From: alfred.molon@yahoo.com (Alfred Molon)
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2023 20:14:47 +0800
 by: Alfred Molon - Mon, 18 Dec 2023 12:14 UTC

Am 17.12.2023 um 04:30 schrieb Carlos E.R.:

>>> That's easy to find out yourself. Several of them posted on November:
>>>
>>> Michael F. Stemper <michael.stemper@gmail.com>
>>> Rich <rander3128@gmail.com>
>>> Whisky-dave <whisky.dave@gmail.com>
>>> Incubus <u9536612@gmail.com>
>>
>> Ok, I whitelisted these people.
>
> There may be a hundred names of people with gmail addresses that are not
> spammers and who posted here at some time in just the last 5 years.

Yes, five years ago there was more traffic in rpd.

Now it's a handful of posts per day.
--
Alfred Molon