Newsgroups: rec.aviation.piloting
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2023 13:48:57 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Typical irresponsible Orville wannabes wreck in Darkness
From: jgrove24@hotmail.com (Geoff Rove)
 by: Geoff Rove - Fri, 14 Jul 2023 20:48 UTC

Six people were killed on Saturday after a small plane that was traveling from Las Vegas crashed near an airport in Murrieta, Calif., the authorities said.

Emergency responders found the aircraft engulfed in flames in a field outside French Valley Airport, the Riverside County Sheriff’s Department said. The six occupants were pronounced dead at the scene, the department said.

Heavy fog blanketed the area Saturday morning, causing poor visibility which may have caused the aircraft to miss the runway by several hundred yards.

The pilot reported to air traffic control that he would be performing a “missed approach” which generally happens when a pilot cannot clearly see a runway, NTSB explained at a press conference held on Saturday..

“Preliminary information indicates the airplane crashed short of French Valley Airport during its second approach around 4:15 a.m.,” NTSB said.

Re: Typical irresponsible Orville wannabes wreck in Darkness

<63430745-4ae1-4755-bc59-50763ae4b9e8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=151&group=rec.aviation.piloting#151

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.piloting
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2023 14:07:58 -0700 (PDT)
From: jgrove24@hotmail.com (Geoff Rove)
 by: Geoff Rove - Fri, 14 Jul 2023 21:07 UTC

On Friday, July 14, 2023 at 3:48:58 PM UTC-5, Geoff Rove wrote:
> Six people were killed on Saturday after a small plane that was traveling from Las Vegas crashed near an airport in Murrieta, Calif., the authorities said.
>
> Emergency responders found the aircraft engulfed in flames in a field outside French Valley Airport, the Riverside County Sheriff’s Department said. The six occupants were pronounced dead at the scene, the department said.
>
> Heavy fog blanketed the area Saturday morning, causing poor visibility which may have caused the aircraft to miss the runway by several hundred yards.
>
> The pilot reported to air traffic control that he would be performing a “missed approach” which generally happens when a pilot cannot clearly see a runway, NTSB explained at a press conference held on Saturday.
>
> “Preliminary information indicates the airplane crashed short of French Valley Airport during its second approach around 4:15 a.m.,” NTSB said.

25-year-old son Riese Lenders of Rancho Palos Verdes.

Lenders received his commercial pilot certificate in April, records from the Federal Aviation Administration show. He was piloting the Cessna C550 business jet along with co-pilot Manuel Vargas-Regalado at the time of the crash, said Michael Morris, the plane’s owner.

Refusing to divert and closed airport at 4am?????
Narcotics Traffickers????