"All my life I wanted to be someone; I guess I should have been more specific." -- Jane Wagner

tech / sci.math / Autumn Challenge 2023: Lion and Unicorn

SubjectAuthor
* Autumn Challenge 2023: Lion and UnicornMild Shock
+* Re: Autumn Challenge 2023: Lion and UnicornMike Terry
|`- Re: Autumn Challenge 2023: Lion and UnicornChris M. Thomasson
+* Re: Archimedes "not one single marble of commonsense in my entireVolney
|`* Re: Archimedes "necrophile" Plutonium flunked the math test of aVolney
| `- Re: Archimedes "necrophile" Plutonium flunked the math test of aChris M. Thomasson
+* Re: Autumn Challenge 2023: Lion and UnicornMild Shock
|`- Re: Autumn Challenge 2023: Lion and UnicornMild Shock
+- Re: Autumn Challenge 2023: Lion and UnicornDogelog Player
+- Re: Autumn Challenge 2023: Lion and UnicornMild Shock
+- Re: Autumn Challenge 2023: Lion and UnicornMild Shock
`* Re: Autumn Challenge 2023: Lion and UnicornMild Shock
 `* Re: Autumn Challenge 2023: Lion and UnicornMild Shock
  `* Re: Autumn Challenge 2023: Lion and UnicornMild Shock
   `- Re: Autumn Challenge 2023: Lion and UnicornMild Shock

1
Autumn Challenge 2023: Lion and Unicorn

<f413a6a1-5c1e-4473-9d11-b40b90827697n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=151856&group=sci.math#151856

Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2023 16:44:45 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Autumn Challenge 2023: Lion and Unicorn
From: bursejan@gmail.com (Mild Shock)
 by: Mild Shock - Mon, 6 Nov 2023 00:44 UTC

Please solve this with logic:

When Alice entered the forest of forgetfulness, she did not
forget everything, only certain things. She often forgot her
name, and the most likely thing for her to forget was the day
of the week. Now, the lion and the unicorn were frequent
visitors to this forest. These two are strange creatures. The
lion lies on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays and tells
the truth on the other days of the week. The unicorn, on the
other hand, lies on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, but tells
the truth on the other days of the week.

One day Alice met the lion and the unicorn resting under a tree.
They made the following statements:

Lion: Yesterday was one of my lying days.
Unicorn: Yesterday was one of my lying days.

From these statements, Alice, who was a bright girl, was able to
deduce the day of the week. What was it?

P.S.: Please no DC Proof solutions where animals outside
of the forest appear because of Russell Paradox.

Re: Autumn Challenge 2023: Lion and Unicorn

<76ecnapwvbUr2NX4nZ2dnZfqnPednZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=151861&group=sci.math#151861

Subject: Re: Autumn Challenge 2023: Lion and Unicorn
Newsgroups: sci.math
From: news.dead.person.stones@darjeeling.plus.com (Mike Terry)
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2023 01:47:34 +0000
 by: Mike Terry - Mon, 6 Nov 2023 01:47 UTC

On 06/11/2023 00:44, Mild Shock wrote:
> Please solve this with logic:
>
> When Alice entered the forest of forgetfulness, she did not
> forget everything, only certain things. She often forgot her
> name, and the most likely thing for her to forget was the day
> of the week. Now, the lion and the unicorn were frequent
> visitors to this forest. These two are strange creatures. The
> lion lies on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays and tells
> the truth on the other days of the week. The unicorn, on the
> other hand, lies on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, but tells
> the truth on the other days of the week.
>
> One day Alice met the lion and the unicorn resting under a tree.
> They made the following statements:
>
> Lion: Yesterday was one of my lying days.
> Unicorn: Yesterday was one of my lying days.
>
> From these statements, Alice, who was a bright girl, was able to
> deduce the day of the week. What was it?
>
> P.S.: Please no DC Proof solutions where animals outside
> of the forest appear because of Russell Paradox.

..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
spoiler
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
space
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..

..

For the lion, only consistent options are:
- it is on one of its truth-days and the day before was a lie-day, OR
- it is on one of its lie-days and the day before was a truth-day
i.e. the meeting day was Monday or Thursday

Same logic applied to the unicorn means the day was Thursday or Sunday.

Conclusion: the meeting was on Thursday.

Mike.

Re: Archimedes "not one single marble of commonsense in my entire brain" Plutonium flunked the math test of a lifetime-generation test

<ui9v92$cc3b$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=151869&group=sci.math#151869

From: volney@invalid.invalid (Volney)
Newsgroups: sci.math
Subject: Re: Archimedes "not one single marble of commonsense in my entire
brain" Plutonium flunked the math test of a lifetime-generation test
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2023 00:57:51 -0500
 by: Volney - Mon, 6 Nov 2023 05:57 UTC

🦴👤 of Math and 💩👤 of Physics Archimedes "spamtard" Plutonium
<plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com> tarded:
> On Sunday, November 5, 2023 at 9:08:00 PM UTC-6, Archimedes Plutonium wrote:

>>> Alright, well, let us see if Jan Burse with 3 strikeouts in a row makes a 4th:
>>> 1) fails at conics-- slant cut of cone is Oval, not ellipse
>>> 2) never a geometry proof of Fundamental Theorem of Calculus
> [...]
>>
>> But if the day is truly Sunday, then the Lion would not make a statement to Alice that Lion: Yesterday was one of my lying days.
>>
>> It is acceptable that the unicorn would say Unicorn: Yesterday was one of my lying days. For yesterday to the unicorn was Saturday in which he does lie.
>>
>> So here is a Puzzle that the puzzlemaker screwed up in formulating.
>>
>> To correct his/her puzzle would have to say something like Sunday is off the table, some holiday of sorts and the puzzle can only be formulated over the other 6 days.
>>
>> This is caused by there being the odd number of 7 days in a week. So if we boot out Sunday, then the puzzle is a Logic puzzle without Contradiction.
>>
>> So the day of Sunday is not even mentioned or reckoned with.
>>> Now we say the Day is __truly Monday__, but it cannot be monday for the unicorn says he lies on Thur,F,S but tells the truth on monday.
>>>
>>> Now we say the Day is __truly Tuesday__, but it cannot be tuesday for the unicorn says he lies on Thurs, F, S
>>>
>>> Now we say the Day is __truly Wedn__, but it cannot be Wedn for the unicorn says he lies on Thur,F,S.
>>>
>>> Now we say the Day is __truly Thurs__, but it can it be Thurs for the unicorn says he lies on Thurs, while the lion tells the truth on thursday. No contradiction in either lion or unicorn so Thursday is the only Well Formed Answer with Sunday Indeterminate.
>>>
>>> Now we say the Day is __truly Fri__, but it cannot be Fri for the lion lies on M,T,W.
>>>
>>> Now we say the Day is __truly Sat__, but it cannot be Sat for the lion lies on M,T,W.
>>>
>>> So, we end up with Sunday indeterminate or Thursday as the one well determined answer that solves the riddle. And Jan Burse made a mistake in copy pasting from original author of this riddle. Or Jan Burse has not enough logical marbles to be an attendant do this puzzle.
>>>
>>> Looks like 4 strikes in a row for Jan Burse-- can someone escort Jan Burse to the exit door of sci.math.
>>>
>> You can always count on Jan Burse with his mannequin puppet in Canada Dan Christensen to screw up anything dealing in Logical thought.
>>
>> AP, King of Science, especially Physics
>

> Another way of putting the contradiction, whether the fool Jan Burse made the puzzle or whether the blame goes elsewhere to the original puzzle maker.
>
> So we have stated that both lion --- lies on Monday, Tuesday, Wedn and tells the truth the rest of the week
>> Lion: Yesterday was one of my lying days.
>
> And that all falls apart for Sunday. For say the Actual true day that Alice meets the lion and unicorn is Sunday. That would mean the Lion should say "Yesterday was a truthful day". Because it was a Saturday and the author of the puzzle says the lion speaks the truth on Thur, Fri, Sat, Sun.
>
> So, the puzzlemaker of this riddle does not have enough logical marbles to make a contradiction free puzzle.

And once again, StupidPlutonium fails, as usual. Sunday is no
contradiction, it is IDENTICAL to Friday and Saturday for the lion. On
Friday, Saturday and Sunday, the lion tells the truth and the previous
day the lion would also tell the truth, so on none of those days would
the Lion say "Yesterday was one of my lying days". So we know the day of
the week could not be Friday, Saturday or Sunday.

So StupidPlutonium fails (yet again!) in claiming there's a
contradiction on Sunday.

The letters in "Archimedes Plutonium" can be re-arranged to spell
"Medium Hitler Soup Can".

Re: Archimedes "necrophile" Plutonium flunked the math test of a lifetime-generation test

<uikfkr$2m3hr$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=152077&group=sci.math#152077

From: volney@invalid.invalid (Volney)
Newsgroups: sci.math
Subject: Re: Archimedes "necrophile" Plutonium flunked the math test of a
lifetime-generation test
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2023 00:38:34 -0500
 by: Volney - Fri, 10 Nov 2023 05:38 UTC

💩 for 🧠 Archimedes "Putin's Stooge" Plutonium
<plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com> humiliates himself by writing:

> corpse fucking along with his failed math

Oh dear, Plutonium is back with his necrophilia again...

> I want to fuck her corpse

Here we go again....

> I want to fuck her corpse

ArkyPoo, you are a very sick man!

> I want to fuck her corpse

Arky, please Please PLEASE get the mental health treatment you so
desperately need!!!

> I want to fuck her corpse

Lock up all funeral homes, guard all fresh graves! Plutonium is horny
again!!

Re: Autumn Challenge 2023: Lion and Unicorn

<cbf65d44-172f-49c6-a18a-d53ce1992a34n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=152356&group=sci.math#152356

Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2023 06:33:59 -0800 (PST)
From: bursejan@gmail.com (Mild Shock)
 by: Mild Shock - Fri, 10 Nov 2023 14:33 UTC

How about Ellipses are Ovals?

Archimedes Plutonium schrieb am Freitag, 10. November 2023 um 08:36:45 UTC+1:
> How about three solution days?

Re: Autumn Challenge 2023: Lion and Unicorn

<326ff412-d610-415f-a8dd-5af10af1766bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=152357&group=sci.math#152357

Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2023 06:36:07 -0800 (PST)
From: bursejan@gmail.com (Mild Shock)
 by: Mild Shock - Fri, 10 Nov 2023 14:36 UTC

Archimedes Plutonium should be thrown in jail
for his willful criminal behavior. The criminal
Archimedes Plutonium all the times posts people
name lists together with hate speach about these people.

It is highly likely Archimedes Plutonium is
psycho. Archimedes Plutonium belongs in prison not
on usenet for his mind is complete hate hate hate.
Put the creep in jail and throw away the keys.

Mild Shock schrieb am Freitag, 10. November 2023 um 15:34:06 UTC+1:
> How about Ellipses are Ovals?
> Archimedes Plutonium schrieb am Freitag, 10. November 2023 um 08:36:45 UTC+1:
> > How about three solution days?

Re: Archimedes "necrophile" Plutonium flunked the math test of a lifetime-generation test

<uim8sm$31j47$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=152377&group=sci.math#152377

From: chris.m.thomasson.1@gmail.com (Chris M. Thomasson)
Newsgroups: sci.math
lifetime-generation test
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2023 13:55:34 -0800
 by: Chris M. Thomasson - Fri, 10 Nov 2023 21:55 UTC

On 11/9/2023 9:38 PM, Volney wrote:
> 💩 for 🧠 Archimedes "Putin's Stooge" Plutonium
> <plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com> humiliates himself by writing:
[...]
> Lock up all funeral homes, guard all fresh graves! Plutonium is horny
> again!!

YIKES! ;^o

Re: Autumn Challenge 2023: Lion and Unicorn

<uim9au$31j3t$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=152378&group=sci.math#152378

From: chris.m.thomasson.1@gmail.com (Chris M. Thomasson)
Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2023 14:03:10 -0800
 by: Chris M. Thomasson - Fri, 10 Nov 2023 22:03 UTC

On 11/5/2023 5:47 PM, Mike Terry wrote:
> On 06/11/2023 00:44, Mild Shock wrote:
>> Please solve this with logic:
>>
>> When Alice entered the forest of forgetfulness, she did not
>> forget everything, only certain things. She often forgot her
>> name, and the most likely thing for her to forget was the day
>> of the week. Now, the lion and the unicorn were frequent
>> visitors to this forest. These two are strange creatures. The
>> lion lies on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays and tells
>> the truth on the other days of the week. The unicorn, on the
>> other hand, lies on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, but tells
>> the truth on the other days of the week.
>>
>> One day Alice met the lion and the unicorn resting under a tree.
>> They made the following statements:
>>
>> Lion: Yesterday was one of my lying days.
>> Unicorn: Yesterday was one of my lying days.
>>
>>  From these statements, Alice, who was a bright girl, was able to
>> deduce the day of the week. What was it?
>>
>> P.S.: Please no DC Proof solutions where animals outside
>> of the forest appear because of Russell Paradox.
[...]

Fwiw, I finally see this in my newsreader! There was more than one thread.

Re: Autumn Challenge 2023: Lion and Unicorn

<7652fa0b-f4c3-4a3e-acf7-c9cb35799005n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=152606&group=sci.math#152606

Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2023 08:25:16 -0800 (PST)
From: janburse@xlog.ch (Dogelog Player)
 by: Dogelog Player - Wed, 15 Nov 2023 16:25 UTC

Judging from the length of his spams, AP must have the
smallest micro penis on the planet. What a looser!
Archimedes Plutonium schrieb:
> Konig der Wissenshaften

Re: Autumn Challenge 2023: Lion and Unicorn

<1ed33725-80dd-4573-8518-ca5fac7452adn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=152616&group=sci.math#152616

Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2023 10:00:45 -0800 (PST)
From: bursejan@gmail.com (Mild Shock)
 by: Mild Shock - Wed, 15 Nov 2023 18:00 UTC

For those that thought the Lion and Unicorn riddle has something to do
with natural language understanding and ChatGPT, I have a new problem.

SAT+CAS for Problems in Quantum Foundations
A SAT Solver + Computer Algebra Attack on
the Minimum Kochen–Specker Problem
Brian Li, Curtis Bright, Vijay Ganesh - Oct 1, 2023
https://nikolajbjorner.github.io/ShonanArtOfSAT/program.html

Who can show the Kochen-Specker Paradox via SWI-Prolog?

Mild Shock schrieb am Montag, 6. November 2023 um 01:44:50 UTC+1:
> Please solve this with logic:
>
> When Alice entered the forest of forgetfulness, she did not
> forget everything, only certain things. She often forgot her
> name, and the most likely thing for her to forget was the day
> of the week. Now, the lion and the unicorn were frequent
> visitors to this forest. These two are strange creatures. The
> lion lies on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays and tells
> the truth on the other days of the week. The unicorn, on the
> other hand, lies on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, but tells
> the truth on the other days of the week.
>
> One day Alice met the lion and the unicorn resting under a tree.
> They made the following statements:
>
> Lion: Yesterday was one of my lying days.
> Unicorn: Yesterday was one of my lying days.
>
> From these statements, Alice, who was a bright girl, was able to
> deduce the day of the week. What was it?
>
> P.S.: Please no DC Proof solutions where animals outside
> of the forest appear because of Russell Paradox.

Re: Autumn Challenge 2023: Lion and Unicorn

<4c43142c-de8e-4f2c-a8c1-110bf3d20504n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=152617&group=sci.math#152617

Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2023 10:01:21 -0800 (PST)
From: bursejan@gmail.com (Mild Shock)
 by: Mild Shock - Wed, 15 Nov 2023 18:01 UTC

For those that thought the Lion and Unicorn riddle has something to do
with natural language understanding and ChatGPT, I have a new problem.

SAT+CAS for Problems in Quantum Foundations
A SAT Solver + Computer Algebra Attack on
the Minimum Kochen–Specker Problem
Brian Li, Curtis Bright, Vijay Ganesh - Oct 1, 2023
https://nikolajbjorner.github.io/ShonanArtOfSAT/program.html

Who can show the Kochen-Specker Paradox via SWI-Prolog?

Mild Shock schrieb am Montag, 6. November 2023 um 01:44:50 UTC+1:
> Please solve this with logic:
>
> When Alice entered the forest of forgetfulness, she did not
> forget everything, only certain things. She often forgot her
> name, and the most likely thing for her to forget was the day
> of the week. Now, the lion and the unicorn were frequent
> visitors to this forest. These two are strange creatures. The
> lion lies on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays and tells
> the truth on the other days of the week. The unicorn, on the
> other hand, lies on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, but tells
> the truth on the other days of the week.
>
> One day Alice met the lion and the unicorn resting under a tree.
> They made the following statements:
>
> Lion: Yesterday was one of my lying days.
> Unicorn: Yesterday was one of my lying days.
>
> From these statements, Alice, who was a bright girl, was able to
> deduce the day of the week. What was it?
>
> P.S.: Please no DC Proof solutions where animals outside
> of the forest appear because of Russell Paradox.

Re: Autumn Challenge 2023: Lion and Unicorn

<cf3eb13d-7ba7-4b7e-bdc1-ebc9c04084e0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=152786&group=sci.math#152786

Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2023 18:56:47 -0800 (PST)
From: bursejan@gmail.com (Mild Shock)
 by: Mild Shock - Sun, 19 Nov 2023 02:56 UTC

Ha Ha, board fired Sam Altman of OpenAI.
What now? What will become of ChatGPT?

Mild Shock schrieb am Montag, 6. November 2023 um 01:44:50 UTC+1:
> Please solve this with logic:
>
> When Alice entered the forest of forgetfulness, she did not
> forget everything, only certain things. She often forgot her
> name, and the most likely thing for her to forget was the day
> of the week. Now, the lion and the unicorn were frequent
> visitors to this forest. These two are strange creatures. The
> lion lies on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays and tells
> the truth on the other days of the week. The unicorn, on the
> other hand, lies on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, but tells
> the truth on the other days of the week.
>
> One day Alice met the lion and the unicorn resting under a tree.
> They made the following statements:
>
> Lion: Yesterday was one of my lying days.
> Unicorn: Yesterday was one of my lying days.
>
> From these statements, Alice, who was a bright girl, was able to
> deduce the day of the week. What was it?
>
> P.S.: Please no DC Proof solutions where animals outside
> of the forest appear because of Russell Paradox.

Re: Autumn Challenge 2023: Lion and Unicorn

<dc6e97a1-71fe-423e-a624-d3b8814e9c32n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=152787&group=sci.math#152787

Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2023 19:06:37 -0800 (PST)
From: bursejan@gmail.com (Mild Shock)
 by: Mild Shock - Sun, 19 Nov 2023 03:06 UTC

Comedy on the horizon and lots of tech penny stocks to buy!
Before you criticize the board at OpenAI, walk a mile in their shoes:

VCs Congratulating Themselves 👏👏👏
https://twitter.com/VCBrags/status/1725976543585784022

LoL

Mild Shock schrieb am Sonntag, 19. November 2023 um 03:56:52 UTC+1:
> Ha Ha, board fired Sam Altman of OpenAI.
> What now? What will become of ChatGPT?
> Mild Shock schrieb am Montag, 6. November 2023 um 01:44:50 UTC+1:
> > Please solve this with logic:
> >
> > When Alice entered the forest of forgetfulness, she did not
> > forget everything, only certain things. She often forgot her
> > name, and the most likely thing for her to forget was the day
> > of the week. Now, the lion and the unicorn were frequent
> > visitors to this forest. These two are strange creatures. The
> > lion lies on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays and tells
> > the truth on the other days of the week. The unicorn, on the
> > other hand, lies on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, but tells
> > the truth on the other days of the week.
> >
> > One day Alice met the lion and the unicorn resting under a tree.
> > They made the following statements:
> >
> > Lion: Yesterday was one of my lying days.
> > Unicorn: Yesterday was one of my lying days.
> >
> > From these statements, Alice, who was a bright girl, was able to
> > deduce the day of the week. What was it?
> >
> > P.S.: Please no DC Proof solutions where animals outside
> > of the forest appear because of Russell Paradox.

Re: Autumn Challenge 2023: Lion and Unicorn

<58bb0d9b-0061-49c8-b247-f070a3ce7407n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=152830&group=sci.math#152830

Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2023 17:23:28 -0800 (PST)
From: bursejan@gmail.com (Mild Shock)
 by: Mild Shock - Mon, 20 Nov 2023 01:23 UTC

Fuck around find out. Guess who is a board reporting
to? Well the stock holders, and they are reinstantiating
the board every year. So if stock holders want Sam

Altman, stock holders will have Sam Altman, they simply
send the board into /dev/null and create a new one.
BTW: Interesting information about the board,

didn't think they have relation to Sam Bankman-Fired,
and its rewarding to listen to TiffanyFong:

s Sam Altman BACK as CEO of OpenAI?
Board Resigning & “Effective Altruism” Ties [UPDATE]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXDWy5-bc-c

Yeah, get your finger of EA, see FTX fiasko.

Mild Shock schrieb am Sonntag, 19. November 2023 um 04:06:43 UTC+1:
> Comedy on the horizon and lots of tech penny stocks to buy!
> Before you criticize the board at OpenAI, walk a mile in their shoes:
>
> VCs Congratulating Themselves 👏👏👏
> https://twitter.com/VCBrags/status/1725976543585784022
>
> LoL
> Mild Shock schrieb am Sonntag, 19. November 2023 um 03:56:52 UTC+1:
> > Ha Ha, board fired Sam Altman of OpenAI.
> > What now? What will become of ChatGPT?
> > Mild Shock schrieb am Montag, 6. November 2023 um 01:44:50 UTC+1:
> > > Please solve this with logic:
> > >
> > > When Alice entered the forest of forgetfulness, she did not
> > > forget everything, only certain things. She often forgot her
> > > name, and the most likely thing for her to forget was the day
> > > of the week. Now, the lion and the unicorn were frequent
> > > visitors to this forest. These two are strange creatures. The
> > > lion lies on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays and tells
> > > the truth on the other days of the week. The unicorn, on the
> > > other hand, lies on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, but tells
> > > the truth on the other days of the week.
> > >
> > > One day Alice met the lion and the unicorn resting under a tree.
> > > They made the following statements:
> > >
> > > Lion: Yesterday was one of my lying days.
> > > Unicorn: Yesterday was one of my lying days.
> > >
> > > From these statements, Alice, who was a bright girl, was able to
> > > deduce the day of the week. What was it?
> > >
> > > P.S.: Please no DC Proof solutions where animals outside
> > > of the forest appear because of Russell Paradox.

Re: Autumn Challenge 2023: Lion and Unicorn

<a9279563-25dc-47e3-b3ad-21e01253be24n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=152871&group=sci.math#152871

Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 03:48:41 -0800 (PST)
From: bursejan@gmail.com (Mild Shock)
 by: Mild Shock - Mon, 20 Nov 2023 11:48 UTC

Some actors are messing real hard with OpenAI.
My prediction, the only goal is to dissolve OpenAI.
Take the nomination of Emmett Shear. It shows

how unprepared and desperate the board is.
Mostlikely he will not accept the nomination, since
we wont hear anything of OpenAI anymore in the

future. Well he might lead its liquidation. But It
was just a start-up, a short episode, not the
beginning of a new behemoth.