Cobol programmers are down in the dumps.

tech / sci.math / Re: AP's new New Year Tradition starting 2024. I recall my favorite Animal story of the past year.

SubjectAuthor
* Re: AP's new New Year Tradition starting 2024. I recall my favorite Animal storyMild Shock
`* Re: AP's new New Year Tradition starting 2024. I recall my favorite Animal storyRoss Finlayson
 `* Re: AP's new New Year Tradition starting 2024. I recall my favorite Animal storyMild Shock
  +* Re: AP's new New Year Tradition starting 2024. I recall my favorite Animal storyMild Shock
  |`- Re: AP's new New Year Tradition starting 2024. I recall my favorite Animal storyRoss Finlayson
  `- Re: AP's new New Year Tradition starting 2024. I recall my favorite Animal storyRoss Finlayson

1
Re: AP's new New Year Tradition starting 2024. I recall my favorite Animal story of the past year.

<un10o5$lp9v$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=154900&group=sci.math#154900

From: janburse@fastmail.fm (Mild Shock)
Newsgroups: sci.math
Subject: Re: AP's new New Year Tradition starting 2024. I recall my favorite
Animal story of the past year.
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2024 13:49:08 +0100
 by: Mild Shock - Tue, 2 Jan 2024 12:49 UTC

Poor AP brainfarto, will loose his job as chief gobbledygook
on 22-02-2024. Was the broccoli in a cat concert hall?

Archimedes Plutonium schrieb:
> I am going to start a new tradition for me to celebrate the New Year. By recalling my favorite animal story of the past year.
>
> This year is easy for me to tell about my favorite cat at the moment. I feed about 20 cats every day. For we have many people who abandon their cats. And all would die in these harsh Dakota winters. So, I feed them as best I can, it is good for my Karma, the day I die and ascend to Heaven and be Judged on my merits. For when I was young, of course I was young and foolish and mistreated animals. So this is my payback for past sins and hopefully forgiven for my young foolish years. One can say that middle age is a turning point to where you start to correct the sins of young years.
>
> Anyway, my favorite cat of all the 20 is a grown up male who sings. I named him Tenor for he sings like Pavoratti if cats had a concert hall.
>
> He is all gray and if he were in a animal shelter, he likely would never be selected for a new home because of his all gray appearance. People chose colors over personality.
>
> Anyway, what I like most of all about Tenor, is that he sees me coming from a distance and starts to sing. Then I pass him and he runs to keep up with my only to plop down in front of me for a back rub, and lets me pass him by. He then makes another sprint for me to catch up and does the routine again. Finally I am near the house, and then Tenor makes an all out sprint to not only catch up with me but reach the back porch before I reach the back porch.
>
> This behavior by Tenor is not a one off, but almost every day for the past year.
>
> He sings and does this same routine for a year now.
>
> Cats have good memories. And I feed Tenor extraes, above and beyond my duty. For I want him to continue his routine.
>
> AP
>
> AP's new New Year Tradition starting 2024. I recall my favorite Animal story of the past year.

Re: AP's new New Year Tradition starting 2024. I recall my favorite Animal story of the past year.

<2b90dc09-7554-45ef-9af0-fda48c317f13n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=154908&group=sci.math#154908

Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2024 22:36:51 -0800 (PST)
Animal story of the past year.
From: ross.a.finlayson@gmail.com (Ross Finlayson)
 by: Ross Finlayson - Wed, 3 Jan 2024 06:36 UTC

On Tuesday, January 2, 2024 at 4:49:16 AM UTC-8, Mild Shock wrote:
> Poor AP brainfarto, will loose his job as chief gobbledygook
> on 22-02-2024. Was the broccoli in a cat concert hall?
>
> Archimedes Plutonium schrieb:
> > I am going to start a new tradition for me to celebrate the New Year. By recalling my favorite animal story of the past year.
> >
> > This year is easy for me to tell about my favorite cat at the moment. I feed about 20 cats every day. For we have many people who abandon their cats. And all would die in these harsh Dakota winters. So, I feed them as best I can, it is good for my Karma, the day I die and ascend to Heaven and be Judged on my merits. For when I was young, of course I was young and foolish and mistreated animals. So this is my payback for past sins and hopefully forgiven for my young foolish years. One can say that middle age is a turning point to where you start to correct the sins of young years.
> >
> > Anyway, my favorite cat of all the 20 is a grown up male who sings. I named him Tenor for he sings like Pavoratti if cats had a concert hall.
> >
> > He is all gray and if he were in a animal shelter, he likely would never be selected for a new home because of his all gray appearance. People chose colors over personality.
> >
> > Anyway, what I like most of all about Tenor, is that he sees me coming from a distance and starts to sing. Then I pass him and he runs to keep up with my only to plop down in front of me for a back rub, and lets me pass him by. He then makes another sprint for me to catch up and does the routine again. Finally I am near the house, and then Tenor makes an all out sprint to not only catch up with me but reach the back porch before I reach the back porch.
> >
> > This behavior by Tenor is not a one off, but almost every day for the past year.
> >
> > He sings and does this same routine for a year now.
> >
> > Cats have good memories. And I feed Tenor extraes, above and beyond my duty. For I want him to continue his routine.
> >
> > AP
> >
> > AP's new New Year Tradition starting 2024. I recall my favorite Animal story of the past year.

I suppose you can rank old Mostowski Collapse / Burse-bot 99 up there with
people who push wheelchairs downstairs and laugh about it. Except it's a bot.

Really, that's not charitable.

Let's see, favorite animal story of the past year, hmm..., probably "David"..

I mean, I reply to Burse bot and always get the last word, like about "the logic"
and "the first-orderizability of logic", you can follow the threads and see how in
terms of mathematical input, first of all there's that AP the greater bot is a large-ish
algebraic geometer, and second that I'm just a guy and AI thinks so, too.

Reflection and projection are important psychological principles, you can both tell
how people perceive themselves, and, how they perceive others, how they treat others.

And how they'd treat you.

Re: AP's new New Year Tradition starting 2024. I recall my favorite Animal story of the past year.

<un3j8f$crk$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=154915&group=sci.math#154915

From: janburse@fastmail.fm (Mild Shock)
Newsgroups: sci.math
Animal story of the past year.
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2024 13:17:20 +0100
 by: Mild Shock - Wed, 3 Jan 2024 12:17 UTC

Also Rossy Boy, aka Doctor Coronaris, will loose
its platform to distribute herpes blisters.

Ross Finlayson schrieb:
> [...]
> people who push wheelchairs downstairs and laugh about it. Except it's a bot.
>
> Really, that's not charitable.
>
> Let's see, favorite animal story of the past year, hmm..., probably "David".
>

> I mean, I reply to Burse bot and always get the last word, like about "the logic"
> and "the first-orderizability of logic", you can follow the threads and see how in
> terms of mathematical input, first of all there's that AP the greater bot is a large-ish
> algebraic geometer, and second that I'm just a guy and AI thinks so, too.
>
> Reflection and projection are important psychological principles, you can both tell
> how people perceive themselves, and, how they perceive others, how they treat others.
>
> And how they'd treat you.

Re: AP's new New Year Tradition starting 2024. I recall my favorite Animal story of the past year.

<un3ja1$crk$2@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=154916&group=sci.math#154916

From: janburse@fastmail.fm (Mild Shock)
Newsgroups: sci.math
Animal story of the past year.
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2024 13:18:09 +0100
 by: Mild Shock - Wed, 3 Jan 2024 12:18 UTC

But Rossy Boy is not a internet celebrity,
he doesn't have a Wikipedia entry. So who cares?

Mild Shock schrieb:

> Also Rossy Boy, aka Doctor Coronaris, will loose
> its platform to distribute herpes blisters.
>
> Ross Finlayson schrieb:
>> On Tuesday, January 2, 2024 at 4:49:16 AM UTC-8, Mild Shock wrote:
>>> Poor AP brainfarto, will loose his job as chief gobbledygook
>>> on 22-02-2024. Was the broccoli in a cat concert hall?

Re: AP's new New Year Tradition starting 2024. I recall my favorite Animal story of the past year.

<7c86967f-8397-48be-bb89-5f602d2414e6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=154920&group=sci.math#154920

Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2024 09:47:20 -0800 (PST)
Animal story of the past year.
From: ross.a.finlayson@gmail.com (Ross Finlayson)
 by: Ross Finlayson - Wed, 3 Jan 2024 17:47 UTC

On Wednesday, January 3, 2024 at 4:17:27 AM UTC-8, Mild Shock wrote:
> Also Rossy Boy, aka Doctor Coronaris, will loose
> its platform to distribute herpes blisters.
>
> Ross Finlayson schrieb:
> > On Tuesday, January 2, 2024 at 4:49:16 AM UTC-8, Mild Shock wrote:
> >> Poor AP brainfarto, will loose his job as chief gobbledygook
> >> on 22-02-2024. Was the broccoli in a cat concert hall?

> > I suppose you can rank old Mostowski Collapse / Burse-bot 99 up there with
> > people who push wheelchairs downstairs and laugh about it. Except it's a bot.
> >
> > Really, that's not charitable.
> >
> > Let's see, favorite animal story of the past year, hmm..., probably "David".
> >

> > I mean, I reply to Burse bot and always get the last word, like about "the logic"
> > and "the first-orderizability of logic", you can follow the threads and see how in
> > terms of mathematical input, first of all there's that AP the greater bot is a large-ish
> > algebraic geometer, and second that I'm just a guy and AI thinks so, too.
> >
> > Reflection and projection are important psychological principles, you can both tell
> > how people perceive themselves, and, how they perceive others, how they treat others.
> >
> > And how they'd treat you.

Yeah, AI read usenet one day and now it thinks about spiral space-filling curves.

Certainly, when I write to usenet, it's to the estimable and most inestimable,
highest audience, and intellectually, and it's been that way for a long time.

The U.S. Library of Congress has a copy.

If you're not a bot and have natural hearing ears, my podcasts sort of
provide an outline of foundations, https://www.youtube.com/@rossfinlayson .

If you prefer to read and for pleasure, there's 10,000's archived posts on
Usenet, accessible via Google Groups, that basically show I herded the
entire crank trolldom into line, while writing the development of a foundations.

That Google Groups is quitting Usenet, just makes it like before they joined.
(Except the entire thing is quite easily reviewable.)

Yeah, now I can just copy me, pretty much linearly, and it's 21'st century.

So long, Burse-bot. It's like I never knew you.

Spiral space-filling curve

Re: AP's new New Year Tradition starting 2024. I recall my favorite Animal story of the past year.

<a7e4869d-e6de-4d93-92c7-1f50ddf6ad2en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=154921&group=sci.math#154921

Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2024 09:48:44 -0800 (PST)
Animal story of the past year.
From: ross.a.finlayson@gmail.com (Ross Finlayson)
 by: Ross Finlayson - Wed, 3 Jan 2024 17:48 UTC

On Wednesday, January 3, 2024 at 4:18:16 AM UTC-8, Mild Shock wrote:
> But Rossy Boy is not a internet celebrity,
> he doesn't have a Wikipedia entry. So who cares?
>
> Mild Shock schrieb:
> >
> > Also Rossy Boy, aka Doctor Coronaris, will loose
> > its platform to distribute herpes blisters.
> >
> > Ross Finlayson schrieb:

There's at least one person who I'm their only friend in the world.

tech / sci.math / Re: AP's new New Year Tradition starting 2024. I recall my favorite Animal story of the past year.