Subject: Class/Set distinction, was Re: 2022-10-10
Newsgroups: sci.math,sci.logic
From: ross.a.finlayson@gmail.com (Ross Finlayson)
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 12:52:42 -0800
 by: Ross Finlayson - Thu, 22 Feb 2024 20:52 UTC

On 01/22/2024 06:49 PM, Ross Finlayson wrote:
> [...]
>
> "Sections of an elliptic wedge, for example, ...".
>

> How about Tableau?
>

> Various Goldbach conjectures are undecide-able in extra-Archimedean extensions of integers.
>
> So, the "don't care" bit was "already got a wider world".
>
> There's also models with a triple prime at infinity.
>
> Of course, that's in a number theory, with a prime at infinity. There are others, ....
>
> Anyways though it's great youre boring and under-informed.
>

> Saying it's in Windows doesn't mean being used -
> most of that (..., user-space) uses _you_, not the other way around.
>
> Old "ball and chain" as it were.
>

> f = f'
>
> f' = 0
> f' = c
>

> d^2 f = 0
> /dx^2
>
> f = cx
>

> I guess that depends whether it's me or your profile. Like a sock-puppet.
>

> "Ordinary Integral Equations"
>
> "Scholze and Clausen say they have already found simpler, ‘condensed’ proofs
> of a number of profound geometry facts, and that they can now prove theorems
> that were previously unknown. They have not yet made these public."
>
> "Relies on facts from stable homotopy theory, ...". Adding a univalency axiom is a lot of
> strength, though, there are derivable immediately usual contradictions of the illative
> to the well-founded.
>
> Differential equations:
>
> f' = f
>
> e^x
> f(n/d), d->oo, n-> d
>

> "Most special functions are solutions of differential equations, ...".
>
> https://leanprover-community.github.io/mathlib_docs/measure_theory/measurable_space.html
>
> https://leanprover-community.github.io/mathlib_docs/meta/univs.html
> https://leanprover-community.github.io/mathlib_docs/logic/small.html
>
> https://leanprover-community.github.io/mathlib_docs/model_theory/definability.html
>
> Yeah, running out "not definable" helps remind that adding univalency to ordinary
> set theory, makes for that "Russell is not the Pope".
>
> https://leanprover-community.github.io/mathlib_docs/set_theory/zfc/basic.html
>
> Lean "Class": "set Set".
>
> https://leanprover-community.github.io/mathlib_docs/init/data/set.html#set
>
> You see Lean defines Set in terms of membership predicates, but,
> the only relation in ZFC is "elt".
>
> Yeah, it's a usual hypocritical mish-mash, but, I suppose lots of nCatLabs has
> ready reading into anything, it..., "says".
>
> https://leanprover-community.github.io/mathlib_docs/set_theory/zfc/basic.html#Class
>
> "Class: the collection of all classes".
>
> Class-set distinction and the group-noun game,
> makes for writing many simply inconsistent multiplicities in Lean's words,
> but if you ignore the part that disagrees with you then your ignorance will be invincible.
>
> Yes it looks a very usual these days' "the strength of ZFC and two large cardinals".

Click here to read the complete article
Simple Types (Re: Class/Set distinction, was Re: 2022-10-10)

<ur8li2$fodg$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=156403&group=sci.math#156403

From: janburse@fastmail.fm (Mild Shock)
Newsgroups: sci.math,sci.logic
Subject: Simple Types (Re: Class/Set distinction, was Re: 2022-10-10)
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2024 00:32:17 +0100
 by: Mild Shock - Thu, 22 Feb 2024 23:32 UTC

I doubt that any of this fits into your squirrel brain.

For lean prover you have to first do this:

Simple Types
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simply_typed_lambda_calculus

A formulation of the simple theory of types, Alonzo Church
https://www.semanticscholar.org/paper/28bf123690205ae5bbd9f8c84b1330025e8476e4

I mean how do you want to understand a type notation like α → Prop ?