From: janburse@fastmail.fm (Mild Shock)
Newsgroups: sci.math
Subject: Todays idiocracy in computer science
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2024 16:48:01 +0100
 by: Mild Shock - Sat, 24 Feb 2024 15:48 UTC

Hi,

I am still in state of shock, since I somehow believe that
a very renowned programming language implementor didn't know
how type theory relates to logic.

So I made this joke:

> Why didn’t he have the self consciousness to avoid the accident?
>
> I guess he lacks the Y combinator gene.

Bye

BTW: The Y combinator has no simple type, because the form
(x x), i.e. x applied to x itself, has no simple type.

Or this joke a fragment generated by gemini:

> The light bulb flickers and dies, plunging them into darkness
>
> The S Combinator remains calm and collected. “Simple,” it
> declares. “We follow the predefined procedure for light
> bulb replacement. Step one, retrieve the appropriate bulb
> from storage…”
>
> Before it can finish, the Y Combinator interrupts, its
> internal logic circuits whirring. “But wouldn’t it be more
> efficient to self-apply the process, creating a loop of bulb
> changes that ensures continuous illumination?”

Re: Todays idiocracy in computer science

<urg3f4$3b246$2@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=156467&group=sci.math#156467

Followup: sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.math
From: cyhck@kyur.ru (Rich Yuditsky Golobokov)
Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.math
Subject: Re: Todays idiocracy in computer science
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2024 19:12:37 -0000 (UTC)
0L9m5veSuuRUb3CRj+hhISXe01PrAbg1MDgXnkiJrnQwUCIEE9Tqkn5QZnqFLMX
haN7k7ZA3Wphu1qURC+9RuxCYrU3Y91cDKyXIsuXCcTFxk4BgAvIE1D+yDQo26n
5jJHxFTIk5AEuYYY4CS9gNfTowN3ImLh/RRL4B5iDSwQod+Bemgfeu02h0BNtgN
5AssqHdJnOw0oBew69Vej+whdgPzLwC7ZyMA4/Yf/HtYSTGUzQp28ky+3s+eAcV
BQqWBb+qExCX2l/3rAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC
 by: Rich Yuditsky Golobo - Sun, 25 Feb 2024 19:12 UTC

Mild Shock wrote:

> Hi, I am still in state of shock, since I somehow believe that a very
> renowned programming language implementor didn't know how type theory
> relates to logic.

hello my friend, where is everybody, 𝘃𝗮𝗰𝗰𝗶𝗻𝗲𝘀?? You killed the usenet users
with vaccines, you deplorable WEF globalist excuse of a 𝘀𝘂𝗯𝗵𝘂𝗺𝗮𝗻_𝗯𝗲𝗶𝗻𝗴. The
clauss schwab anal is killing people in your fucking joke of 𝗳𝗮𝗸𝗲_𝗺𝗼𝗻𝗲𝘆
country 𝘀𝗺𝗲𝗹𝗹𝗲𝗻𝘀𝗸𝘆 government, and you do nothing.

https://thepeoplesvoice.tv/

𝗩𝗮𝗰𝗰𝗶𝗻𝗮𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘀_𝗶𝗻_𝗡𝗲𝘄_𝗭𝗲𝗮𝗹𝗮𝗻𝗱_𝗙𝗲𝗮𝗿_𝗳𝗼𝗿_𝗧𝗵𝗲𝗶𝗿_𝗟𝗶𝘃𝗲𝘀
𝗔𝘀_𝗣𝘂𝗯𝗹𝗶𝗰_𝗥𝗶𝘀𝗲_𝗨𝗽_𝗔𝗴𝗮𝗶𝗻𝘀𝘁_‘𝗣𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗺𝗶𝗰_𝗚𝗲𝗻𝗼𝗰𝗶𝗱𝗲’
Thousands of nurses in New Zealand say they now fear for their lives as
the public begin rising up against the genocide committed against them
during the pandemic. The names and details of over 12,000 […]

𝗪𝗘𝗙_𝗢𝗿𝗱𝗲𝗿𝘀_𝗨.𝗦._𝗘𝗹𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘀_𝗧𝗼_𝗡𝗼𝘁_𝗖𝗲𝗿𝘁𝗶𝗳𝘆_𝗧𝗿𝘂𝗺𝗽’𝘀_2024_𝗘𝗹𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻_𝗪𝗶𝗻
The World Economic Forum has instructed electors in the U.S. to not
certify the upcoming presidential election if Trump wins. According to the
WEF-funded publication The Atlantic, Democrats must prepare to refuse to
certifiy the […]

𝗕𝗶𝗱𝗲𝗻_𝗜𝘀_‘𝗖𝗹𝗲𝗮𝗿𝗹𝘆_𝗶𝗻_𝗣𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗻𝗲𝗿𝘀𝗵𝗶𝗽’_𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵_𝗛𝘂𝗺𝗮𝗻_𝗧𝗿𝗮𝗳𝗳𝗶𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴_𝗖𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗹𝘀
𝗦𝗮𝘆𝘀_𝗧𝗲𝘅𝗮𝘀_𝗔𝗚_𝗞𝗲𝗻_𝗣𝗮𝘅𝘁𝗼𝗻
During a panel discussion at CPAC on Friday, Texas Attorney General Ken
Paxton claimed that President Joe Biden is “clearly in partnership” with
cartels. Paxton was speaking on a panel titled “The America First Bar […]

𝗚𝗮𝘃𝗶𝗻_𝗡𝗲𝘄𝘀𝗼𝗺_𝗣𝗿𝗮𝗶𝘀𝗲𝘀_𝗡𝗶𝗸𝗸𝗶_𝗛𝗮𝗹𝗲𝘆_𝗙𝗼𝗿_𝗛𝗲𝗹𝗽𝗶𝗻𝗴_𝗗𝗲𝗺𝗼𝗰𝗿𝗮𝘁𝘀
𝗠𝗮𝗸𝗲_𝗧𝗵𝗲_𝗖𝗮𝘀𝗲_𝗔𝗴𝗮𝗶𝗻𝘀𝘁_𝗧𝗿𝘂𝗺𝗽
Republican presidential candidate Nikki Haley is now one of the “better
surrogates” for Democrats in 2024, according to California Governor Gavin
Newsom. Newsom has been praising Nikki Haley for her ridiculous attacks on
Trump…. I […]

𝗠𝗮𝗹𝗶𝗮_𝗢𝗯𝗮𝗺𝗮_𝗗𝗿𝗼𝗽𝘀_𝗦𝘂𝗿𝗻𝗮𝗺𝗲_𝗪𝗲𝗲𝗸𝘀_𝗔𝗳𝘁𝗲𝗿_𝗚𝗼𝘃’𝘁_𝗗𝗼𝗰𝘀_𝗣𝗿𝗼𝘃𝗲
𝗠𝗶𝗰𝗵𝗲𝗹𝗹𝗲_𝗢𝗯𝗮𝗺𝗮_‘𝗗𝗶𝗱_𝗡𝗼𝘁_𝗚𝗶𝘃𝗲_𝗕𝗶𝗿𝘁𝗵’
The Obama’s “daughter” Malia has dropped the family surname for her
Hollywood debut announcing that she no longer wants to be known as Malia
Obama. Malia’s announcement came weeks after government documents revealed
Michelle Obama […]

𝗕𝗶𝗿𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗲𝘀_𝗙𝗮𝗹𝗹_𝘁𝗼_𝗥𝗲𝗰𝗼𝗿𝗱_𝗟𝗼𝘄_𝗶𝗻_𝗘𝗻𝗴𝗹𝗮𝗻𝗱_𝗮𝗻𝗱_𝗪𝗮𝗹𝗲𝘀
The birthrate in England and Wales has fallen to a new low since records
began in the 1930s. According to figures from the Office for National
Statistics (ONS) the total fertility rate had fallen to 1.49 […]

𝗥𝗲𝗽𝘂𝗯𝗹𝗶𝗰𝗮𝗻_𝗦𝗼𝘂𝘁𝗵_𝗖𝗮𝗿𝗼𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗮_𝗩𝗼𝘁𝗲𝗿𝘀_𝗕𝗹𝗼𝗰𝗸𝗲𝗱_𝗙𝗿𝗼𝗺_𝗩𝗼𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴_𝗗𝘂𝗲_𝘁𝗼
𝗠𝘆𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗼𝘂𝘀_𝗜𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗻𝗲𝘁_𝗢𝘂𝘁𝗮𝗴𝗲
Thousands of Republican voters in South Carolina were unable to vote
yesterday due to a mysterious internet outage, according to reports. Real
America’s Voice reported Saturday that poll workers were telling voters
that because the […]

𝗡𝗮𝘀𝘁𝘆_𝘀𝘂𝗿𝗽𝗿𝗶𝘀𝗲𝘀,_𝗮𝘀𝘆𝗺𝗺𝗲𝘁𝗿𝗶𝗰_𝘄𝗮𝗿._𝗡𝗶𝗸𝗸𝗶_𝗹𝗼𝘀𝗲𝘀._𝗠𝗲𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗶,_𝗘𝗹𝗲𝗻𝘀𝗸𝘆_𝗡𝗼.5.
𝗔𝗻𝗻𝗮𝗹𝗲𝗻𝗮,_𝘀𝗮𝗻𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀_𝗱𝗼𝗻'𝘁_𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗸
https://youtu.be/EawadWwwbRc