From: LDighera@att.net (Larry Dighera)
Newsgroups: rec.aviation.piloting
Subject: Re: A Day In The Life Of A New Glider Pilot
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2023 14:13:07 -0700
 by: Larry Dighera - Mon, 25 Sep 2023 21:13 UTC

On Sun, 24 Sep 2023 02:30:04 GMT, Geeknix <usenet@apple.geeknix135.net>
wrote:

>On 2023-09-21, Moderator: Larry Dighera <rec-aviation-stories@cox.net> wrote:
>>
>> Here's a little story that serves, not only to entertain and educate, but to
>> illustrate how Artificial Intelligence can assist a budding author in
>> creative writing.
>
>Disclaimer: Not a pilot and just sub'ed this group.
>
>I'd say the non-GPT version was an interesting read.

Geeknix,

Thank you for your kind critique.

Personally, I found the GPT version more viscerally evocative. That's why I
included it.

I posted another story on Dec 28, 2006 about another "educational" gliding
event I experienced:
https://groups.google.com/g/rec.aviation.stories/c/lp9u-TmxlIA

Best regards,
Larry

PS:
I see that you're maintaining BBS software.

In 1983 I had a friend, Sandy Zelkovitz, who wrote XBBS for Xenix**. In
those days, I ran RBBS (on a 486 box with two 720K floppies, 10MB HDD ($700)
two telephone lines with 2400 baud modems) named the Consultants Exchange*.
It was about the first BBS in Orange County, California.

I also ran a B-news USENET node back then. Those were the days ...

* https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mail.maps/c/utAqA4e3HNE

** http://www.linuxmisc.com/10-unix-questions/20b2db2465f44ea5.htm
http://source.thebbs.org/cpp/xbbsos2.zip