To give happiness is to deserve happiness.

interests / sci.anthropology.paleo / Re: Remains found in China may belong to third human lineage

SubjectAuthor
* Remains found in China may belong to third human lineagePrimum Sapienti
`* Remains found in China may belong to third human lineagelittor...@gmail.com
 +- Remains found in China may belong to third human lineageJTEM is so reasonable
 `* Remains found in China may belong to third human lineagePrimum Sapienti
  `* Remains found in China may belong to third human lineageJTEM is so reasonable
   `* Remains found in China may belong to third human lineagePrimum Sapienti
    `* Remains found in China may belong to third human lineageJTEM is so reasonable
     `* Remains found in China may belong to third human lineagePrimum Sapienti
      +* Remains found in China may belong to third human lineageJTEM is so reasonable
      |`* Remains found in China may belong to third human lineagePrimum Sapienti
      | `- Remains found in China may belong to third human lineageJTEM is so reasonable
      `* Remains found in China may belong to third human lineagelittor...@gmail.com
       `* Remains found in China may belong to third human lineageJTEM is so reasonable
        `- Remains found in China may belong to third human lineagelittor...@gmail.com

1
Remains found in China may belong to third human lineage

<uaq0me$2o6gh$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=17573&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#17573

From: invalide@invalid.invalid (Primum Sapienti)
Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Subject: Remains found in China may belong to third human lineage
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2023 23:50:04 -0600
 by: Primum Sapienti - Mon, 7 Aug 2023 05:50 UTC

https://phys.org/news/2023-08-china-human-lineage.html

A team of paleontologists at the Chinese Academy of
Sciences, working with colleagues from Xi'an Jiaotong
University, the University of York, the University of
Chinese Academy of Sciences and the National Research
Center on Human Evolution, has found evidence of a
previously unknown human lineage. In their study,
reported in Journal of Human Evolution, the group
analyzed the fossilized jawbone, partial skull and
some leg bones of a hominin dated to 300,000 years ago.

The fossils were excavated at a site in Hualongdong, in
what is now a part of East China. They were subsequently
subjected to both a morphological and a geometric
assessment, with the initial focus on the jawbone, which
exhibited unique features—a triangular lower edge and a
unique bend.

The research team suggests that the unique features of
the jawbone resemble those of both modern humans and
Late Pleistocene hominids. But they also found that it
did not have a chin, which suggests that it was more
closely related to older species. They found other
features that resemble hominins of the Middle
Pleistocene, which, when taken together, suggested the
individual most resembled a Homo erectus species. And
that, they conclude, suggests a hybrid of modern human
and ancient hominid.

The researchers note that the combination of features
has never before been observed in hominids in East Asia,
suggesting that traits found in modern humans began to
appear as far back as 300,000 years ago.
In an effort to determine a species for the remains, the
team ruled out Denisovan. That left them with the
likelihood that the fossils represent a third
lineage—one that is not Denisovan or Homo erectus, and
is closer to Homo sapiens. And if this is the case, the
species would very likely have shared some evolutionary
relationships with hominins of the Middle or Late
Pleistocene, resulting in shared characteristics.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0047248423000908
Morphological and morphometric analyses of a late
Middle Pleistocene hominin mandible from Hualongdong,
China

Abstract
Excavations in Hualongdong (HLD), East China, have
yielded abundant hominin fossils dated to 300 ka.
There is a nearly complete mandible that fits well
with a partial cranium, and together they compose
the skull labeled as HLD 6. Thus far, detailed
morphological description and comparisons of the
mandible have not been conducted. Here we present
a comprehensive morphological, metric, and geometric
morphometric assessment of this mandible and compare
it with both adult and immature specimens of
Pleistocene hominins and recent modern humans.
Results indicate that the HLD 6 mandible exhibits a
mosaic morphological pattern characterized by a
robust corpus and relatively gracile symphysis and
ramus. The moderately developed mental trigone and
a clear anterior mandibular incurvation of the
HLD 6 mandible are reminiscent of Late Pleistocene
hominin and recent modern human morphology. However,
the weak expression of all these features indicates
that this mandible does not possess a true chin.
Moreover, a suite of archaic features that resemble
those of Middle Pleistocene hominins includes
pronounced alveolar planum, superior transverse
torus, thick corpus, a pronounced endocondyloid
crest, and a well-developed medial pterygoid tubercle.
The geometric morphometric analysis further confirms
the mosaic pattern of the HLD 6 mandible. The
combination of both archaic and modern human features
identified in the HLD 6 mandible is unexpected, given
its late Middle Pleistocene age and differs from
approximately contemporaneous Homo members such as
Xujiayao, Penghu, and Xiahe. This mosaic pattern has
never been recorded in late Middle Pleistocene hominin
fossil assemblages in East Asia. The HLD 6 mandible
provides further support for the high morphological
diversity during late Middle Pleistocene hominin
evolution. With these findings, it is possible that
modern human morphologies are present as early as
300 ka and earlier than the emergence of modern humans
in East Asia.

Re: Remains found in China may belong to third human lineage

<fea277a7-f77f-4384-bca4-88517929c126n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=17574&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#17574

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2023 03:12:03 -0700 (PDT)
From: littoral.homo@gmail.com (littor...@gmail.com)
 by: littor...@gmail.com - Mon, 7 Aug 2023 10:12 UTC

Op maandag 7 augustus 2023 om 07:50:09 UTC+2 schreef Primum Sapienti:
> https://phys.org/news/2023-08-china-human-lineage.html

Thanks! Exactly as expected :-) Google
https://www.gondwanatalks.com/l/the-waterside-hypothesis-wading-led-to-upright-walking-in-early-humans/

_____

> [...]

> crest, and a well-developed medial pterygoid tubercle.
> The geometric morphometric analysis further confirms
> the mosaic pattern of the HLD 6 mandible. The
> combination of both archaic and modern human features
> identified in the HLD 6 mandible is unexpected, given
> its late Middle Pleistocene age and differs from
> approximately contemporaneous Homo members such as
> Xujiayao, Penghu, and Xiahe. This mosaic pattern has
> never been recorded in late Middle Pleistocene hominin
> fossil assemblages in East Asia. The HLD 6 mandible
> provides further support for the high morphological
> diversity during late Middle Pleistocene hominin
> evolution. With these findings, it is possible that
> modern human morphologies are present as early as
> 300 ka and earlier than the emergence of modern humans
> in East Asia.

Re: Remains found in China may belong to third human lineage

<122a18c1-5d8e-4b0f-b09f-10b139b7e26fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=17575&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#17575

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2023 10:41:06 -0700 (PDT)
From: jtem01@gmail.com (JTEM is so reasonable)
 by: JTEM is so reasonabl - Mon, 7 Aug 2023 17:41 UTC

littor...@gmail.com wrote:

> Thanks! Exactly as expected :-) Google
> https://www.gondwanatalks.com/l/the-waterside-hypothesis-wading-led-to-upright-walking-in-early-humans/

It's all so circular, isn't?

They find traits that fall within the loosely defined "Range" of
so called moderns and, once again, conclude that some
African picked up their rocks and walked to China... "Because
reasons."

AND, they insist that Aquatic Ape, a population of Homo
living along/following the waters edge, bringing them
everywhere, is stupid.

But let's take this one step at a time...

Why isn't this evidence for a Eurasian origins of these so
called modern traits?

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/724838509187366912

Re: Remains found in China may belong to third human lineage

<ub70oh$1728a$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=17576&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#17576

From: invalide@invalid.invalid (Primum Sapienti)
Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2023 22:10:57 -0600
 by: Primum Sapienti - Sat, 12 Aug 2023 04:10 UTC

littor...@gmail.com wrote:
> Op maandag 7 augustus 2023 om 07:50:09 UTC+2 schreef Primum Sapienti:
>> https://phys.org/news/2023-08-china-human-lineage.html
>
> Thanks! Exactly as expected :-) Google

You're saying they waded to the middle of China???

Re: Remains found in China may belong to third human lineage

<98bb01d5-e811-4814-ab9d-0b775d0ff0edn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=17588&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#17588

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2023 22:18:23 -0700 (PDT)
From: jtem01@gmail.com (JTEM is so reasonable)
 by: JTEM is so reasonabl - Sat, 12 Aug 2023 05:18 UTC

Primum Sapienti wrote:

> You're saying they waded to the middle of China???

No he's not. If you had an ounce of maturity you'd acknowledge
the model that's been laid out. You might even acknowledge
that they didn't "Endurance Hunt" their way to China either.

Your idiocy has no way of explaining ancestors in China or
anywhere else for that matter. Aquatic Ape has them on the
coast, consuming resources then moving one, with occasional
groups following freshwater sources and transitional wetlands
inland, where they adapted to the new environment.

Aquatic Ape = Complete model that explains everything.

Your idiocy = sheer idiocy. A disarticulated jumble of self
refuting nonsense.

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/725326422014640128

Re: Remains found in China may belong to third human lineage

<ud3t4c$1b015$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=17664&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#17664

From: invalide@invalid.invalid (Primum Sapienti)
Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2023 00:23:08 -0600
 by: Primum Sapienti - Mon, 4 Sep 2023 06:23 UTC

littor...@gmail.com wrote:
> Op maandag 7 augustus 2023 om 07:50:09 UTC+2 schreef Primum Sapienti:
>> https://phys.org/news/2023-08-china-human-lineage.html
>
> Thanks! Exactly as expected :-) Google

You're saying they waded to the middle of China???

So, how is that "as expected"?

Re: Remains found in China may belong to third human lineage

<2db32e1d-4905-4dbf-8d26-ec119c87a763n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=17671&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#17671

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2023 00:46:06 -0700 (PDT)
From: jtem01@gmail.com (JTEM is so reasonable)
 by: JTEM is so reasonabl - Mon, 4 Sep 2023 07:46 UTC

Primum Sapienti wrote:

> You're saying they waded to the middle of China???

Repeating your stupidity DOUBLES your stupidity. It doesn't
make you any smarter.

"Coastal Dispersal" is Aquatic Ape. It says they were on the
coast, they were exploiting the marine resources, following
the waters edge. It's how your fellow nimrods claim that
Homo reached Asia in the first place. And here you are,
urinating on yourself, pretending any of this exists in isolation
instead of a piece of a comprehensive picture that you idiots
can't hope to match...

Have a nice day.

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/726557549488439296

Re: Remains found in China may belong to third human lineage

<udrddd$1vjdt$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=18195&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#18195

From: invalide@invalid.invalid (Primum Sapienti)
Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2023 22:22:05 -0600
 by: Primum Sapienti - Wed, 13 Sep 2023 04:22 UTC

JTEM is so reasonable wrote:

[OCPD]

Yeah, the FBI has been informed about you... can't take any risks.

So, anyway, you are a blithering idiot, quoting things you never read,
much less understood, and that's why you can't answer even basis
questions.

Re: Remains found in China may belong to third human lineage

<f383144b-abc1-4c67-a111-f61fd2cccc76n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=18204&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#18204

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2023 00:08:31 -0700 (PDT)
From: jtem01@gmail.com (JTEM is so reasonable)
 by: JTEM is so reasonabl - Wed, 13 Sep 2023 07:08 UTC

You've given up, surrendered; acknowledged that you
can't construct a rational model.

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/728166607418949632

Re: Remains found in China may belong to third human lineage

<ufvroe$3js9o$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=18325&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#18325

From: invalide@invalid.invalid (Primum Sapienti)
Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2023 21:23:59 -0600
 by: Primum Sapienti - Mon, 9 Oct 2023 03:23 UTC

JTEM is so reasonable wrote:

JTEM is so reasonable wrote:

[OCPD]

Yeah, the FBI has been informed about you... can't take any risks.

So, anyway, you are a blithering idiot, quoting things you never read,
much less understood, and that's why you can't answer even basis
questions.

Re: Remains found in China may belong to third human lineage

<83921c13-8237-4693-ac81-cee0de042a9en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=18333&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#18333

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2023 21:01:24 -0700 (PDT)
From: jtem01@gmail.com (JTEM is so reasonable)
 by: JTEM is so reasonabl - Mon, 9 Oct 2023 04:01 UTC

Again, Aquatic Ape is an actual model. It explains HOW and WHY
our ancestors spread across continents. It even explains
observations such as Multi Regionalism/Regional Continuity.

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/728480911625240576

Re: Remains found in China may belong to third human lineage

<48acdcaa-6e1a-4452-956c-f2e77edf7050n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=18334&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#18334

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2023 04:10:13 -0700 (PDT)
From: littoral.homo@gmail.com (littor...@gmail.com)
 by: littor...@gmail.com - Mon, 9 Oct 2023 11:10 UTC

Op woensdag 13 september 2023 om 06:22:07 UTC+2 schreef Primum Sapienti:

Ridiculous kudu runner speaks about himself:

> So, anyway, you are a blithering idiot, quoting things you never read,
> much less understood, and that's why you can't answer even basis
> questions.

:-DDD

Stupid stupid stupid idiots who still believe their anestors ran after antelopes... :-D

Re: Remains found in China may belong to third human lineage

<dc3d7ba1-3dae-4a6e-a5bc-f2da30ab6db9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=18335&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#18335

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2023 04:19:25 -0700 (PDT)
From: jtem01@gmail.com (JTEM is so reasonable)
 by: JTEM is so reasonabl - Mon, 9 Oct 2023 11:19 UTC

littor...@gmail.com wrote:

> Stupid stupid stupid idiots who still believe their anestors ran after antelopes... :-D

Remember this?

https://groups.google.com/g/sci.anthropology.paleo/c/kkUfhZv6UJ0/m/TR1K2qm2AQAJ

They cite a youtube video where native Africans on the savanna choose
walking up to feeding lions rather than try to hunt antelope or buffalo?!?!?

They preferred walking up to hungry lions over hunting antelope! And this
"Proves"... what?

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/730364921353764864

Re: Remains found in China may belong to third human lineage

<166b4237-378e-4d94-a560-fb48143f34f7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=18338&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#18338

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2023 06:14:56 -0700 (PDT)
From: littoral.homo@gmail.com (littor...@gmail.com)
 by: littor...@gmail.com - Tue, 10 Oct 2023 13:14 UTC

Op maandag 9 oktober 2023 om 13:19:27 UTC+2 schreef JTEM is so reasonable:
> littor...@gmail.com wrote:

> > Stupid stupid stupid idiots who still believe their ancestors ran after antelopes... :-D

> Remember this?
> https://groups.google.com/g/sci.anthropology.paleo/c/kkUfhZv6UJ0/m/TR1K2qm2AQAJ
> They cite a youtube video where native Africans on the savanna choose
> walking up to feeding lions rather than try to hunt antelope or buffalo?!?!?
> They preferred walking up to hungry lions over hunting antelope! And this
> "Proves"... what?

:-D
Yes, they're just stupid.
Our Pliocene & early-Pleist.ancestors were not even in Africa (we lack African retroviral DNA):
Homo simply followed S.Asian coasts --> early-Pleist.Java Mojokerto etc.
https://www.gondwanatalks.com/l/the-waterside-hypothesis-wading-led-to-upright-walking-in-early-humans/

At least 8 facts independently show Pleistocene H.erectus were semi-aquatic:
• Archaic Homo's atypical tooth-wear was caused by "sand and oral processing of marine mollusks", Towle cs 2022 https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/ajpa.24500
• H.erectus s.s. typically?always fossilized in coastal sediments, e.g. Mojokerto: barnacles + corals, Trinil: Pseudodon + Elongaria (edible shellfish), Sangiran-17: "brackish marsh near the coast".
• Stephen Munro discovered sea-shell engravings made by H.erectus, Joordens cs 2015 Nature 518:228–231 https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25470048/
• Ear exostoses (H.erectus & H.neand.) develop after years of cold(er) water irrigation https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5696936/
• Pachy-osteo-sclerosis is only seen in slow+shallow-diving tetrapods (de Buffrénil cs 2010 J.Mamm.Evol.17:101-120), e.g. erectus’ parietal bone is 2x as thick as in gorillas.
• Brain size in erectus (2x apes/australopiths) is facilitated by aquatic foods, e.g. DHA docosahexaenoic acid in shellfish etc., e.g. Odontocetes, Pinnipedia.
• Late-Pleistocene descendants or relatives colonized islands far oversea (fossils Flores 100–50 ka, Luzon 67 ka) https://www.academia..edu/36193382/Coastal_Dispersal_of_Pleistocene_Homo_2018
• Homo’s stone tool use & dexterity is typical for molluscivores, e.g. sea-otters.