What good is it if you talk in flowers, and they think in pastry? -- Ashleigh Brilliant

interests / sci.anthropology.paleo / Re: The earliest fisherpeople and their shell tools

SubjectAuthor
* The earliest fisherpeople and their shell toolsJTEM is so reasonable
`- The earliest fisherpeople and their shell toolsMarc Verhaegen

1
Re: The earliest fisherpeople and their shell tools

<d648e14c-e63e-4543-b2a8-fc811149ccdbn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=18428&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#18428

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2023 20:35:12 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: The earliest fisherpeople and their shell tools
From: jtem01@gmail.com (JTEM is so reasonable)
 by: JTEM is so reasonabl - Fri, 27 Oct 2023 03:35 UTC

littor...@gmail.com wrote:

> As rising atmospheric CO2 warms & acidifies the oceans

To prove that science is dead:

NASA insists that CO2 stays in the atmosphere for a minimum of
300 years -- 300 to 1000 years -- which means pretty much ZERO
CO2 produced in the entirely of the Industrial Revolution has ever
left the atmosphere... AND at the same time it's turning the oceans
into acid even though it's not.

https://climate.nasa.gov/news/2915/the-atmosphere-getting-a-handle-on-carbon-dioxide/

You can buy a simple PH test off of Amazon, or maybe in a nearby
shop, and go test the PH level of the sea all by yourself. It's not
acidic.

And, like I said, according to the propaganda -- what were are
ordered to believe is science -- none of it has left the atmosphere
anyway. Not yet.
> how long have humans & our predecessors relied on shellfish?

I imagine it's been MILLIONS

More than 8 million. Probably 10 or possibly 20. It depends on how
you define our predecessors and what model you support for things
like bipedalism.

I do kind of favor your island ideas. Insular Dwarfism is well known.
What isn't well known is Insular Gigantism. Google it, you'll find
sources claiming that it commonly precedes Dwarfism.

The idea I love is that plate tectonics and/or climate fluctuations
stranded one or more population on an island without predators.
Competing only against each other, this led to gigantism. But instead
of exhausting resources & spawning dwarfism, they exploited the
sea -- shellfish in particular -- and fueled even more growth.

"High protein diet," and all that.

> A study by researcher Dr Paola Villa cs found :
> in Italy, H.neand. were not only eating shellfish 100 ka, they were
> using shells as agricultural tools.

Oh, that's *Way* too recent to be significant!

https://www.nbcnews.com/id/wbna56552639

No, sorry, you were right all along...

NOTE: The above link is consistent not only with Aquatic Ape but
with populations pushing inland. That's the model. They followed
the coast and then for any number of reasons followed freshwater
outlets or transitional wetlands inland, eventually adapting to their
new environments. This resulted in permanent, unique populations
across Eurasia and deep into Africa.

...of course none of this is supported by the good Doctor but
nobody is perfect.

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/731796353021247489

Re: The earliest fisherpeople and their shell tools

<3c1f350e-4985-4f2e-9946-ceeddae43cben@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=18431&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#18431

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2023 15:28:14 -0700 (PDT)
From: m_verhaegen@skynet.be (Marc Verhaegen)
 by: Marc Verhaegen - Fri, 27 Oct 2023 22:28 UTC

Op vrijdag 27 oktober 2023 om 05:35:13 UTC+2 schreef JTEM is so reasonable:
> littor...@gmail.com wrote:

> > As rising atmospheric CO2 warms & acidifies the oceans

> To prove that science is dead:
> NASA insists that CO2 stays in the atmosphere for a minimum of
> 300 years -- 300 to 1000 years -- which means pretty much ZERO
> CO2 produced in the entirely of the Industrial Revolution has ever
> left the atmosphere... AND at the same time it's turning the oceans
> into acid even though it's not.
> https://climate.nasa.gov/news/2915/the-atmosphere-getting-a-handle-on-carbon-dioxide/
> You can buy a simple pH-test off of Amazon, or maybe in a nearby
> shop, and go test the pH level of the sea all by yourself. It's not acidic.
> And, like I said, according to the propaganda -- what were are
> ordered to believe is science -- none of it has left the atmosphere
> anyway. Not yet.

> > how long have humans & our predecessors relied on shellfish?

> I imagine it's been MILLIONS
> More than 8 million. Probably 10 or possibly 20. It depends on how
> you define our predecessors and what model you support for things
> like bipedalism.

No doubt Miocene Hominoidea c 25 Ma were already "BP":
wading+climbing vertically in swamp forests, google "aquarboreal",
they might have (occasionally?) included mangrove oysters into their diet?
But they weren't yet molluscivores IMO:
systematic/frequent shellfish-diving (only Homo?) was only early-Pleistocene?

1) Hylobatids after 25-10 Ma followed the N-Tethys Ocean coastal forests -> East -> SE.Asia.
2) Pongids after c 15 Ma followed, forced hylobatids higher into the trees: brachiating?
3) Pliocene Homo (after c 5 Ma) followed: was forced by pongids deeper into the sea: shellfish-diving??

> I do kind of favor your island ideas. Insular Dwarfism is well known.
> What isn't well known is Insular Gigantism. Google it, you'll find
> sources claiming that it commonly precedes Dwarfism.
> The idea I love is that plate tectonics and/or climate fluctuations
> stranded one or more population on an island without predators.
> Competing only against each other, this led to gigantism. But instead
> of exhausting resources & spawning dwarfism, they exploited the
> sea -- shellfish in particular -- and fueled even more growth.
> "High protein diet," and all that.

> > A study by researcher Dr Paola Villa cs found :
> > in Italy, H.neand. were not only eating shellfish 100 ka, they were
> > using shells as agricultural tools.

> Oh, that's *Way* too recent to be significant!
> https://www.nbcnews.com/id/wbna56552639
> No, sorry, you were right all along...
> NOTE: The above link is consistent not only with Aquatic Ape but
> with populations pushing inland. That's the model. They followed
> the coast and then for any number of reasons followed freshwater
> outlets or transitional wetlands inland, eventually adapting to their
> new environments. This resulted in permanent, unique populations
> across Eurasia and deep into Africa.
> ...of course none of this is supported by the good Doctor but
> nobody is perfect.

:-)
Nice to see there are still a few intelligent people here...
One must be incredibly stupid to believe one's ancestors ran after savanna antelopes. :-D