It's very inconvenient to be mortal -- you never know when everything may suddenly stop happening.

interests / sci.anthropology.paleo / Re: Only incredible imbeciles still believe their ancestors had snorkel noses... :-D

SubjectAuthor
* Only incredible imbeciles still believe their ancestors ran afterMarc Verhaegen
`* Only incredible imbeciles still believe their ancestors hadPrimum Sapienti
 `- Only incredible imbeciles still believe their ancestors hadMarc Verhaegen

1
Only incredible imbeciles still believe their ancestors ran after antelopes... :-D

<9b8051d7-9ee3-4773-a551-c54818282f0en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=18455&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#18455

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2023 06:46:09 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Only incredible imbeciles still believe their ancestors ran after
antelopes... :-D
From: m_verhaegen@skynet.be (Marc Verhaegen)
 by: Marc Verhaegen - Wed, 1 Nov 2023 13:46 UTC

Widespread drastic reduction of brain myelin content upon prolonged endurance exercise
Pedro Ramos-Cabrer cs 2023 doi https://doi.org/10.1101/2023.10.10.561303
(this article is a preprint, and has not been certified by peer review)

Recent evidence suggests:
myelin lipids may act as glial energy reserves when glucose is lacking, a hypothesis yet to be solidly proven.
Hereby, we examined the effects of running a marathon on the myelin content by MRI.
Our findings:
marathon runners undergo widespread robust myelin decrease at completion of the effort.
This reduction involves white & gray matter, it includes
- primary motor & sensory cortical areas & pathways,
- the entire corpus callosum & internal capsule.
Myelin levels partially recover within 2 weeks after the marathon.
These results reveal:
myelin use & replenishment is an unprecedented form of metabolic plasticity, aimed to maintain brain function during extreme conditions.

Re: Only incredible imbeciles still believe their ancestors had snorkel noses... :-D

<uisc58$g7rg$9@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=18531&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#18531

From: invalide@invalid.invalid (Primum Sapienti)
Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Subject: Re: Only incredible imbeciles still believe their ancestors had
snorkel noses... :-D
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2023 22:28:07 -0700
 by: Primum Sapienti - Mon, 13 Nov 2023 05:28 UTC

Marc Verhaegen wrote:
> Widespread drastic reduction of brain myelin content upon prolonged endurance exercise
> Pedro Ramos-Cabrer cs 2023 doi https://doi.org/10.1101/2023.10.10.561303
> (this article is a preprint, and has not been certified by peer review)
>
> Recent evidence suggests:
> myelin lipids may act as glial energy reserves when glucose is lacking, a hypothesis yet to be solidly

yet to be proven :=}

proven.
> Hereby, we examined the effects of running a marathon on the myelin content by MRI.
> Our findings:
> marathon runners undergo widespread robust myelin decrease at completion of the effort.
> This reduction involves white & gray matter, it includes
> - primary motor & sensory cortical areas & pathways,
> - the entire corpus callosum & internal capsule.
> Myelin levels partially recover within 2 weeks after the marathon.
> These results reveal:
> myelin use & replenishment is an unprecedented form of metabolic plasticity, aimed to maintain brain function during extreme conditions.

Re: Only incredible imbeciles still believe their ancestors had snorkel noses... :-D

<02ff8097-31a8-421b-a739-716886de9f1dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=18588&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#18588

Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2023 05:49:33 -0800 (PST)
snorkel noses... :-D
From: m_verhaegen@skynet.be (Marc Verhaegen)
 by: Marc Verhaegen - Thu, 23 Nov 2023 13:49 UTC

> > Widespread drastic reduction of brain myelin content upon prolonged endurance exercise
> > Pedro Ramos-Cabrer cs 2023 doi https://doi.org/10.1101/2023.10.10.561303
> > (this article is a preprint, and has not been certified by peer review)
> > Recent evidence suggests:
> > myelin lipids may act as glial energy reserves when glucose is lacking, a hypothesis yet to be solidly

Incredible imbecile: