From: invalide@invalid.invalid (Primum Sapienti)
Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Subject: baby floating
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2024 22:00:23 -0700
 by: Primum Sapienti - Mon, 22 Jan 2024 05:00 UTC

https://www.businessinsider.com/photos-puppies-diving-underwater-2014-9

Re: baby floating

<uoorb7$km1$1@sunce.iskon.hr>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=18727&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#18727

From: mario.petrinovic1@zg.htnet.hr (Mario Petrinovic)
Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Subject: Re: baby floating
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2024 18:00:23 +0100
 by: Mario Petrinovic - Tue, 23 Jan 2024 17:00 UTC

On 22.1.2024. 6:00, Primum Sapienti wrote:
> https://www.businessinsider.com/photos-puppies-diving-underwater-2014-9

The only purpose of cartilage in nose is to help to close nose by
pinch grip. And it is only useful if you roll in water, because it
prevents air to go out. If you are unable to make pinch grip, i.e., if
you have hook-like hands, i.e., if you are living on trees, to close
your nose you have to have nose shaped like male Proboscis monkey,
because in that case you use only four fingers to close your nose (i.e.,
you cannot use pinch grip because your thumb is out of the way).
Now, see how many variables are in this theory. It is very hard to be
understood by a fool, this is why fools don't understand it, and will
never be able to understand it, whether those fools have just a primary
school, or whether they are the members of Academy.

Re: baby floating

<uooriv$km1$2@sunce.iskon.hr>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=18728&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#18728

From: mario.petrinovic1@zg.htnet.hr (Mario Petrinovic)
Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2024 18:04:31 +0100
 by: Mario Petrinovic - Tue, 23 Jan 2024 17:04 UTC

On 23.1.2024. 18:00, Mario Petrinovic wrote:
> On 22.1.2024. 6:00, Primum Sapienti wrote:
>> https://www.businessinsider.com/photos-puppies-diving-underwater-2014-9
>
>         The only purpose of cartilage in nose is to help to close nose
> by pinch grip. And it is only useful if you roll in water, because it
> prevents air to go out. If you are unable to make pinch grip, i.e., if
> you have hook-like hands, i.e., if you are living on trees, to close
> your nose you have to have nose shaped like male Proboscis monkey,
> because in that case you use only four fingers to close your nose (i.e.,
> you cannot use pinch grip because your thumb is out of the way).
>         Now, see how many variables are in this theory. It is very hard
> to be understood by a fool, this is why fools don't understand it, and
> will never be able to understand it, whether those fools have just a
> primary school, or whether they are the members of Academy.

The second thing, the fact that humans have subcutaneous fat, points
directly to aquatic lifestyle. Now, you may have some other theory, but
to disregard aquatic theory flatly, in a case when an animal has
subcutaneous fat, is just sheer blindness. And the whole scientific
community has this blindness.

Re: baby floating

<uoorlv$km1$3@sunce.iskon.hr>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=18729&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#18729

From: mario.petrinovic1@zg.htnet.hr (Mario Petrinovic)
Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2024 18:06:07 +0100
 by: Mario Petrinovic - Tue, 23 Jan 2024 17:06 UTC

On 23.1.2024. 18:04, Mario Petrinovic wrote:
> On 23.1.2024. 18:00, Mario Petrinovic wrote:
>> On 22.1.2024. 6:00, Primum Sapienti wrote:
>>> https://www.businessinsider.com/photos-puppies-diving-underwater-2014-9
>>
>>          The only purpose of cartilage in nose is to help to close
>> nose by pinch grip. And it is only useful if you roll in water,
>> because it prevents air to go out. If you are unable to make pinch
>> grip, i.e., if you have hook-like hands, i.e., if you are living on
>> trees, to close your nose you have to have nose shaped like male
>> Proboscis monkey, because in that case you use only four fingers to
>> close your nose (i.e., you cannot use pinch grip because your thumb is
>> out of the way).
>>          Now, see how many variables are in this theory. It is very
>> hard to be understood by a fool, this is why fools don't understand
>> it, and will never be able to understand it, whether those fools have
>> just a primary school, or whether they are the members of Academy.
>
>         The second thing, the fact that humans have subcutaneous fat,
> points directly to aquatic lifestyle. Now, you may have some other
> theory, but to disregard aquatic theory flatly, in a case when an animal
> has subcutaneous fat, is just sheer blindness. And the whole scientific
> community has this blindness.

So, please, post another "proof" that aquatic theory cannot be, and
show to everybody how smart really you are.

Re: baby floating

<uop6vv$tdu$1@sunce.iskon.hr>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=18730&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#18730

From: mario.petrinovic1@zg.htnet.hr (Mario Petrinovic)
Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2024 21:19:11 +0100
 by: Mario Petrinovic - Tue, 23 Jan 2024 20:19 UTC

On 23.1.2024. 19:18, Marc Verhaegen wrote:
> Op dinsdag 23 januari 2024 om 18:00:26 UTC+1 schreef Mario Petrinovic:
>
>> The only purpose of cartilage in nose is to help to close nose by
>> pinch grip.
>
> Archaic Homo was prognathic: philtrum + upper lip perfectly closed the nares: no need for fingers.
> The nose form (dorsum nasi) = streamline for underwater swimming.
>
> Only complete idiots believe their ancestors evolved big noses + poor olfaction for hunting antelopes... :-DDD
>
>> And it is only useful if you roll in water, because it
>> prevents air to go out. If you are unable to make pinch grip, i.e., if
>> you have hook-like hands, i.e., if you are living on trees, to close
>> your nose you have to have nose shaped like male Proboscis monkey,
>> because in that case you use only four fingers to close your nose (i.e.,
>> you cannot use pinch grip because your thumb is out of the way).
>> Now, see how many variables are in this theory. It is very hard to be
>> understood by a fool, this is why fools don't understand it, and will
>> never be able to understand it, whether those fools have just a primary
>> school, or whether they are the members of Academy.

As I wrote, the only purpose of cartilage in our nose is to
watertightly close our nose by pinch grip. Almost exactly like male
Proboscis monkey, who, actually, does live the aquarboreal lifestyle.

Re: baby floating

<uopqsf$be2$1@sunce.iskon.hr>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=18732&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#18732

From: mario.petrinovic1@zg.htnet.hr (Mario Petrinovic)
Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2024 02:58:39 +0100
 by: Mario Petrinovic - Wed, 24 Jan 2024 01:58 UTC

On 24.1.2024. 1:09, Marc Verhaegen wrote:

> Nonsense, Mario: diving with pinch grip? :-DDD That's almost as ridiculous as running after antelopes with flat feet.
> Archaic Homo was prognathic: they simply closed the nose with the upper lip (+ moustache).
> Even some humans still can do that.

That's alright. This still doesn't change the fact that the only
purpose of cartilage is to help in watertightly closing the nose.
Whether you understand the circumstances or not. I do understand them,
but this is a bit more complicated, it isn't simple, like "chimps live
on trees, hence we lived on trees", and I am afraid this would be a bit
too much for you, :) .
____

>>> Archaic Homo was prognathic: philtrum + upper lip perfectly closed the nares: no need for fingers.
>>> The nose form (dorsum nasi) = streamline for underwater swimming.
>>> Only complete idiots believe their ancestors evolved big noses + poor olfaction for hunting antelopes... :-DDD

>> As I wrote, the only purpose of cartilage in our nose is to
>> watertightly close our nose by pinch grip. Almost exactly like male
>> Proboscis monkey, who, actually, does live the aquarboreal lifestyle.

Re: baby floating

<uovgp4$2n5ot$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=18745&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#18745

From: invalide@invalid.invalid (Primum Sapienti)
Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2024 22:43:00 -0700
 by: Primum Sapienti - Fri, 26 Jan 2024 05:43 UTC

Snorkel Nose wrote:
> Some retarded antelope runner believes this supports his religion:
>> https://www.businessinsider.com/photos-puppies-diving-underwater-2014-9
>
> Of course, most mammals can swim, but human babies underwater hold their
breath, calmly swim to the surface, then turn over, belly up, nose above
water, e.g.

That's what the puppies in the link are doing.

There is nothing special about it.