From: invalide@invalid.invalid (Primum Sapienti)
Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Subject: Human Brain Is Getting Bigger With Each Generation, Study Shows
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2024 22:13:33 -0600
 by: Primum Sapienti - Tue, 2 Apr 2024 04:13 UTC

https://braintomorrow.com/brains-bigger-generation/

When people say you have a big head, blame
your brain. In a fascinating new study,
researchers have discovered that people
born in more recent decades have larger
brain volumes compared to those born in
earlier decades. This finding suggests that
the human brain may be developing more
robustly over time, potentially due to
improvements in early life environment
and health.

The study, published in the journal JAMA
Neurology and led by Dr. Charles DeCarli
from the University of California-Davis,
analyzed brain scans of 3,226 participants
born between 1930 and 1970. Researchers
measured various aspects of brain structure,
including the size of the cranium
(intracranial volume), the volume of gray
and white matter, and the thickness of the
cerebral cortex.

They surprisingly found that individuals
born in later decades had significantly
larger intracranial volumes, white matter
volumes, and hippocampal volumes compared
to those born in earlier decades.
So, what could be driving these remarkable
changes in brain structure across
generations? Researchers believe that
improvements in early life environment,
such as better nutrition, health care, and
education, may be playing a key role. These
factors are known to have a significant
impact on brain development during the
critical periods of infancy and childhood.

Re: Human Brain Is Getting Bigger With Each Generation, Study Shows

<uulaun$emho$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/interests/article-flat.php?id=18857&group=sci.anthropology.paleo#18857

From: jtem01@gmail.com (JTEM)
Newsgroups: sci.anthropology.paleo
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2024 00:39:50 -0400
 by: JTEM - Thu, 4 Apr 2024 04:39 UTC

Primum Sapienti wrote:

> This finding suggests that
> the human brain may be developing more
> robustly over time, potentially due to
> improvements in early life environment
> and health.

Rings like the "Chocolate rations increased"
ala 1984. There is a number of studies that
found the opposite: The human brain has
shrunk with the advent of civilization.

--
https://jtem.tumblr.com/tagged/The%20Book%20of%20JTEM/page/5