From: suzyw0ng@outlook.com (Woozy Song)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.tech
Subject: resistor across air intake temperature sensor trick
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2023 16:35:23 +0800
 by: Woozy Song - Sat, 14 Oct 2023 08:35 UTC

Claimed to increase power: the ECU thinks the ambient air is hotter, so
correction for MAF sensor is wrong, over-estimating air sucked into
manifold and ECU squirts some extra fuel. But then doesn't the exhaust
sensor get final say, and trim the air-fuel ration back? Unless you hack
the ECU as well, seems pointless.

Re: resistor across air intake temperature sensor trick

<ugebc4$l5q$1@panix2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=2141&group=rec.autos.tech#2141

From: kludge@panix.com (Scott Dorsey)
Newsgroups: rec.autos.tech
Date: 14 Oct 2023 15:16:20 -0000
 by: Scott Dorsey - Sat, 14 Oct 2023 15:16 UTC

Woozy Song <suzyw0ng@outlook.com> wrote:
>Claimed to increase power: the ECU thinks the ambient air is hotter, so
>correction for MAF sensor is wrong, over-estimating air sucked into
>manifold and ECU squirts some extra fuel. But then doesn't the exhaust
>sensor get final say, and trim the air-fuel ration back? Unless you hack
>the ECU as well, seems pointless.

Depends on the ECU algorithm.... But if the MAF is being used short term
while the O2 sensor is averaged over a longer term, that is what will
happen.

Deliberately forcing your engine to run rich might get you more power but
it's not going to make your catalytic converter very happy. And in many
situations will not get you any more pwoer at all.
--scott