From: toby+esnews@tobiah.org (Tobiah)
Newsgroups: rec.audio.pro
Subject: "Dead cat" wind screens and transparency
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2023 06:17:13 -0800
 by: Tobiah - Thu, 9 Nov 2023 14:17 UTC

I've heard mention that the furry wind screens are better for
wind noise rejection, but are they as transparent as foam?

I ordered these:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BR7NHR2K?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

to replace the foam ones that my cat chewed on, mostly because I thought they looked cool.
I do take the mics outside once in a great while, but they sit inside on mic stands most of the time.

Toby

Re: "Dead cat" wind screens and transparency

<uij1fq$4jg$1@panix2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=2252&group=rec.audio.pro#2252

From: kludge@panix.com (Scott Dorsey)
Newsgroups: rec.audio.pro
Subject: Re: "Dead cat" wind screens and transparency
Date: 9 Nov 2023 16:30:50 -0000
 by: Scott Dorsey - Thu, 9 Nov 2023 16:30 UTC

In article <uiipl9$27ruj$1@dont-email.me>,
Tobiah <toby+esnews@tobiah.org> wrote:
>I've heard mention that the furry wind screens are better for
>wind noise rejection, but are they as transparent as foam?

You can get them in various levels of transparency, just like the foam. You
can get long ones that have better rejection and less transparency, and
short ones that are the opposite. Rycote has a whole line.

In general I think they are more transparent than foam with comparable
wind rejection.
--scott