Entropy requires no maintenance. -- Markoff Chaney

tech / rec.audio.pro / TV sizes

SubjectAuthor
* TV sizesMummyChunk
+* Re: TV sizesJohn Williamson
|`* Re: TV sizesMummyChunk
| +- Re: TV sizesgeoff
| `* Re: TV sizesMummyChunk
|  `- Re: TV sizesJohn Williamson
`- Re: TV sizesScott Dorsey

1
TV sizes

<swmdnRFWMLj0BB74nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=2288&group=rec.audio.pro#2288

Subject: TV sizes
From: mummycullen@gmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid (MummyChunk)
Newsgroups: rec.audio.pro
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2023 01:48:25 +0000
 by: MummyChunk - Thu, 21 Dec 2023 01:48 UTC

So I have a sharp aquos 60 inch television thats 1080P that I am
thinking about replacing with a 4K or 8k set. LC-60LE832U

The width of the television is just a bit over 54 inches wide and I
have no additional room where its sitting for anything bigger (wider)
than that.

Are there any 65 inch sets out there that will fit within this
dimension range? I think it could be a maximum of 55 inches.

Apparently since I bought the 60 inch set that size has gone out of
style.

Re: TV sizes

<kuir0lFcm6vU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=2290&group=rec.audio.pro#2290

From: johnwilliamson@btinternet.com (John Williamson)
Newsgroups: rec.audio.pro
Subject: Re: TV sizes
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2023 12:56:52 +0000
 by: John Williamson - Thu, 21 Dec 2023 12:56 UTC

On 21/12/2023 01:48, MummyChunk wrote:
> So I have a sharp aquos 60 inch television thats 1080P that I am
> thinking about replacing with a 4K or 8k set. LC-60LE832U
>
> The width of the television is just a bit over 54 inches wide and I
> have no additional room where its sitting for anything bigger (wider)
> than that.
>
> Are there any 65 inch sets out there that will fit within this
> dimension range? I think it could be a maximum of 55 inches.
>
> Apparently since I bought the 60 inch set that size has gone out of
> style.

Have you tried wandering down to your local shop with a tape measure?

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Re: TV sizes

<ShidnWXwGoMAAxj4nZ2dnZfqnPadnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=2291&group=rec.audio.pro#2291

From: mummycullen@gmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid (MummyChunk)
Newsgroups: rec.audio.pro
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2023 14:35:09 +0000
 by: MummyChunk - Fri, 22 Dec 2023 14:35 UTC

> > On 21/12/2023 01:48, MummyChunk wrote:
> > So I have a sharp aquos 60 inch television thats 1080P that I am
> > thinking about replacing with a 4K or 8k set. LC-60LE832U
> >
> > The width of the television is just a bit over 54 inches wide and
I > > have no additional room where its sitting for anything bigger
(wider)
> > than that.
> >
> > Are there any 65 inch sets out there that will fit within this
> > dimension range? I think it could be a maximum of 55 inches.
> >
> > Apparently since I bought the 60 inch set that size has gone out
of
> > style.
> >

> John Williamson wrote:
>
> Have you tried wandering down to your local shop with a tape
measure?

> --
> Tciao for Now!
>
> John.

I was hoping to narrow it down by recommendation prior to the trip.
Seems as if many local shops no longer carry such a wide assortment of
models to view.

This is a response to the post seen at:
http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=657625057#657625057

Re: TV sizes

<N8ecnXAXM5cT5hb4nZ2dnZfqnPednZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=2292&group=rec.audio.pro#2292

Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2023 14:19:10 +1300
From: geoff@nospamgeoffwood.org (geoff)
Newsgroups: rec.audio.pro
 by: geoff - Wed, 27 Dec 2023 01:19 UTC

On 23/12/2023 3:35 am, MummyChunk wrote:

> > > On 21/12/2023 01:48, MummyChunk wrote:
> > > So I have a sharp aquos 60 inch television thats 1080P that I am
> > > thinking about replacing with a 4K or 8k set. LC-60LE832U
> > >
> > > The width of the television is just a bit over 54 inches wide and
> > > have no additional room where its sitting for anything bigger
> (wider)
> > > than that.
> > >
> > > Are there any 65 inch sets out there that will fit within this
> > > dimension range? I think it could be a maximum of 55 inches.
> > >
> > > Apparently since I bought the 60 inch set that size has gone out
> of
> > > style.
> > >

> > John Williamson wrote:
> >
> > Have you tried wandering down to your local shop with a tape
> measure?
> >
> > --
> > Tciao for Now!
> >
> > John.
>
> I was hoping to narrow it down by recommendation prior to the trip.
> Seems as if many local shops no longer carry such a wide assortment of
> models to view.
>

> This is a response to the post seen at:
> http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=657625057#657625057

Clearly you do realise that 60" is the diagonal screen measurement.

Check out a bunch of 65" (etc) sets online and search out their specs
which should include physical dimensions.

For instance a Samsung 65" Q80C is 56.9". How much "no additional room"
do you have ?

geoff

Re: TV sizes

<du2cnQ39q_BL2RH4nZ2dnZfqnPqdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=2294&group=rec.audio.pro#2294

From: mummycullen@gmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid (MummyChunk)
Newsgroups: rec.audio.pro
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2023 15:37:58 +0000
 by: MummyChunk - Wed, 27 Dec 2023 15:37 UTC

> > On 23/12/2023 3:35 am, MummyChunk wrote:
> >
> > On 21/12/2023 01:48, MummyChunk wrote:
> > So I have a sharp aquos 60 inch television thats 1080P that I am
> > thinking about replacing with a 4K or 8k set. LC-60LE832U
> >
> > The width of the television is just a bit over 54 inches wide
and
> > have no additional room where its sitting for anything bigger
> > (wider)
> > than that.
> >
> > Are there any 65 inch sets out there that will fit within this
> > dimension range? I think it could be a maximum of 55 inches.
> >
> > Apparently since I bought the 60 inch set that size has gone out
> > of
> > style.
> >

> > John Williamson wrote:
> >
> > Have you tried wandering down to your local shop with a tape
> > measure?
> >
> > --
> > Tciao for Now!
> >
> > John.
> >
> > I was hoping to narrow it down by recommendation prior to the
trip.
> > Seems as if many local shops no longer carry such a wide
assortment of
> > models to view.
> >

> > This is a response to the post seen at:
> > http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=657625057#657625057
> >

> geoff wrote:
>

> Clearly you do realise that 60" is the diagonal screen
measurement.

> Check out a bunch of 65" (etc) sets online and search out
their specs
> which should include physical dimensions.
>
> For instance a Samsung 65" Q80C is 56.9". How much
"no additional room"
> do you have ?
>
> geoff

Thanks

The outer opening of the place where the TV is located is 55 inches
wide. The inner part behind that opening is maybe 58 inches. So need
to find a set where the screen portion (before bezel) is no wider than
55 inches

This is a response to the post seen at:
http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=657625057#657625057

Re: TV sizes

<kv30j9FdiqfU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=2295&group=rec.audio.pro#2295

From: johnwilliamson@btinternet.com (John Williamson)
Newsgroups: rec.audio.pro
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2023 16:10:17 +0000
 by: John Williamson - Wed, 27 Dec 2023 16:10 UTC

On 27/12/2023 15:37, MummyChunk wrote:
> The outer opening of the place where the TV is located is 55 inches
> wide. The inner part behind that opening is maybe 58 inches. So need
> to find a set where the screen portion (before bezel) is no wider than
> 55 inches

If it is a 16:9 aspect ratio screen, as most are, a 65 inch screen will
be 57 inches wide and 32 inches tall, not counting the bezel. The
maximum fully visible screen size for your 55 inch wide hole is 63 inches.

On other words, what you want can not possibly happen unless you are
happy for two inches of the screen width to be hidden behind the frame.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Re: TV sizes

<uo75nn$kn3$1@panix2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=2299&group=rec.audio.pro#2299

From: kludge@panix.com (Scott Dorsey)
Newsgroups: rec.audio.pro
Date: 17 Jan 2024 00:07:19 -0000
 by: Scott Dorsey - Wed, 17 Jan 2024 00:07 UTC

MummyChunk <mummycullen@gmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote:
>So I have a sharp aquos 60 inch television thats 1080P that I am
>thinking about replacing with a 4K or 8k set. LC-60LE832U
>
>The width of the television is just a bit over 54 inches wide and I
>have no additional room where its sitting for anything bigger (wider)
>than that.
>
>Are there any 65 inch sets out there that will fit within this
>dimension range? I think it could be a maximum of 55 inches.
>
>Apparently since I bought the 60 inch set that size has gone out of
>style.

Here is a man watching TV with a 62-inch monitor:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Bno-qsnbUA

I think everybody should have something like this in their living room.
--scott