Play Rogue, visit exotic locations, meet strange creatures and kill them.

tech / rec.audio.pro / A NOTE OF THANKS - BUT NO THANKS!

SubjectAuthor
* A NOTE OF THANKS - BUT NO THANKS!Chris K-Man
`* Re: A NOTE OF THANKS - BUT NO THANKS!Scott Dorsey
 +* Re: A NOTE OF THANKS - BUT NO THANKS!John Williamson
 |`* Re: A NOTE OF THANKS - BUT NO THANKS!Scott Dorsey
 | +- Re: A NOTE OF THANKS - BUT NO THANKS!Chris K-Man
 | `* Re: A NOTE OF THANKS - BUT NO THANKS!Chris K-Man
 |  +* Re: A NOTE OF THANKS - BUT NO THANKS!John Williamson
 |  |`- Re: A NOTE OF THANKS - BUT NO THANKS!Chris K-Man
 |  `- Re: A NOTE OF THANKS - BUT NO THANKS!Chuck
 `- Re: A NOTE OF THANKS - BUT NO THANKS!Markus Ermert

1
A NOTE OF THANKS - BUT NO THANKS!

<58baa94f-8c26-4a7d-8483-a1702250965cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=2323&group=rec.audio.pro#2323

Newsgroups: rec.audio.pro
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2024 17:18:16 -0800 (PST)
Subject: A NOTE OF THANKS - BUT NO THANKS!
From: thekmanrocks@gmail.com (Chris K-Man)
 by: Chris K-Man - Tue, 20 Feb 2024 01:18 UTC

I would personally like to thank Facebook, Twitter,
and other "social" media platforms for contributing to the end of Google Groups'
partnership with and carrier of UseNet Newsgroups content.

Mark Zuckerberg, Elon Musk, et al, you have definitively lowered the bar of internet
discourse, and provided channels for the dissemination of anonymous hate speech,
and conspiratorial falsehoods online.

Sadly, many members and participants in Usenet and it's distributors, along with
participants in moderated subject forums, have gone the low road by abandoning
those legitimate channels of intelligent discourse, instead choosing to take their
interests into the commercial and political cesspool of "social" media.

In their place, much like the weeds coming up through cracks in the pavement of

abandoned roads, are the spammers, the bots, the hockers of illegitimate product.

I highly encourage those who care about civilized internet to see other means of

continuing their Usenet discourse, including apps devoted to providing access to

Usenet Groups.

Re: A NOTE OF THANKS - BUT NO THANKS!

<ur0v01$4e3$1@panix2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=2324&group=rec.audio.pro#2324

From: kludge@panix.com (Scott Dorsey)
Newsgroups: rec.audio.pro
Subject: Re: A NOTE OF THANKS - BUT NO THANKS!
Date: 20 Feb 2024 01:24:17 -0000
 by: Scott Dorsey - Tue, 20 Feb 2024 01:24 UTC

Chris K-Man <thekmanrocks@gmail.com> wrote:

>I would personally like to thank Facebook, Twitter,
>and other "social" media platforms for contributing to the end of Google Groups'
>partnership with and carrier of UseNet Newsgroups content.

I hate to tell you this, but it has a lot more to do with the million-plus
spam messages currently being injected daily by a small set of Google
customers. Or maybe one Google customer, it is hard to tell. Google is
a disaster that has done more to destroy Usenet than anything else. Everyone
is delighted to see it go.

>I highly encourage those who care about civilized internet to see other means of
>continuing their Usenet discourse, including apps devoted to providing access to
>Usenet Groups.

Apps? Just get a newsreader and an account on a legitimate news provider like
people have been telling you to do for the past decade. You will find it is
FAR more pleasant than fighting with the horrible Google Groups interface.
--scott

Re: A NOTE OF THANKS - BUT NO THANKS!

<l3jcm9Fcq47U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=2327&group=rec.audio.pro#2327

From: johnwilliamson@btinternet.com (John Williamson)
Newsgroups: rec.audio.pro
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2024 10:19:53 +0000
 by: John Williamson - Tue, 20 Feb 2024 10:19 UTC

On 20/02/2024 01:24, Scott Dorsey wrote:
> Chris K-Man <thekmanrocks@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I would personally like to thank Facebook, Twitter,
>> and other "social" media platforms for contributing to the end of Google Groups'
>> partnership with and carrier of UseNet Newsgroups content.
>
> I hate to tell you this, but it has a lot more to do with the million-plus
> spam messages currently being injected daily by a small set of Google
> customers. Or maybe one Google customer, it is hard to tell. Google is
> a disaster that has done more to destroy Usenet than anything else. Everyone
> is delighted to see it go.

I note that Chris posts via Gurgle Gropes...

Maybe he doesn't know how to use the type of app known as a news reader
or have the knowledge of how to set up an account, even when his hand is
held by the account provider and application writer.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Re: A NOTE OF THANKS - BUT NO THANKS!

<ur2bqs$p2t$1@panix2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=2328&group=rec.audio.pro#2328

From: kludge@panix.com (Scott Dorsey)
Newsgroups: rec.audio.pro
Date: 20 Feb 2024 14:09:32 -0000
 by: Scott Dorsey - Tue, 20 Feb 2024 14:09 UTC

John Williamson <johnwilliamson@btinternet.com> wrote:
>On 20/02/2024 01:24, Scott Dorsey wrote:
>> Chris K-Man <thekmanrocks@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I would personally like to thank Facebook, Twitter,
>>> and other "social" media platforms for contributing to the end of Google Groups'
>>> partnership with and carrier of UseNet Newsgroups content.
>>
>> I hate to tell you this, but it has a lot more to do with the million-plus
>> spam messages currently being injected daily by a small set of Google
>> customers. Or maybe one Google customer, it is hard to tell. Google is
>> a disaster that has done more to destroy Usenet than anything else. Everyone
>> is delighted to see it go.
>>
>I note that Chris posts via Gurgle Gropes...
>
>Maybe he doesn't know how to use the type of app known as a news reader
>or have the knowledge of how to set up an account, even when his hand is
>held by the account provider and application writer.

People have offered to help him for several years. If he doesn't want the
help that is his business.
--scott

Re: A NOTE OF THANKS - BUT NO THANKS!

<dea28cd5-de5f-4e36-b7f5-044f95c517e8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=2330&group=rec.audio.pro#2330

Newsgroups: rec.audio.pro
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2024 16:36:23 -0800 (PST)
From: thekmanrocks@gmail.com (Chris K-Man)
 by: Chris K-Man - Thu, 22 Feb 2024 00:36 UTC

On Tuesday, February 20, 2024 at 9:09:37 AM UTC-5, Scott Dorsey wrote:
> John Williamson <johnwil...@btinternet.com> wrote:

> >> I hate to tell you this, but it has a lot more to do with the million-plus
> >> spam messages currently being injected daily by a small set of Google
> >> customers. Or maybe one Google customer, it is hard to tell. Google is
> >> a disaster that has done more to destroy Usenet than anything else. Everyone
> >> is delighted to see it go.
> >>
> >I note that Chris posts via Gurgle Gropes...
> >
> >Maybe he doesn't know how to use the type of app known as a news reader
> >or have the knowledge of how to set up an account, even when his hand is
> >held by the account provider and application writer.
> People have offered to help him for several years. If he doesn't want the
> help that is his business.
> --scott
>
> --

What is so dreadful about this interface itself?

Re: A NOTE OF THANKS - BUT NO THANKS!

<e3bbb90b-75c0-43c7-b4cf-9e6e0099bf12n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=2333&group=rec.audio.pro#2333

Newsgroups: rec.audio.pro
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 02:59:57 -0800 (PST)
From: thekmanrocks@gmail.com (Chris K-Man)
 by: Chris K-Man - Thu, 22 Feb 2024 10:59 UTC

On Tuesday, February 20, 2024 at 9:09:37 AM UTC-5, Scott Dorsey wrote:
> John Williamson <johnwil...@btinternet.com> wrote:

> >> I hate to tell you this, but it has a lot more to do with the million-plus
> >> spam messages currently being injected daily by a small set of Google
> >> customers. Or maybe one Google customer, it is hard to tell. Google is
> >> a disaster that has done more to destroy Usenet than anything else. Everyone
> >> is delighted to see it go.
> >>
> >I note that Chris posts via Gurgle Gropes...
> >
> >Maybe he doesn't know how to use the type of app known as a news reader
> >or have the knowledge of how to set up an account, even when his hand is
> >held by the account provider and application writer.
> People have offered to help him for several years. If he doesn't want the
> help that is his business.
> --scott
>
> --

Is Eternal September available for tablets/ phones? Someone on another
newsgroup mentioned News Tap Lite

Re: A NOTE OF THANKS - BUT NO THANKS!

<l3or3hFd7mrU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=2334&group=rec.audio.pro#2334

From: johnwilliamson@btinternet.com (John Williamson)
Newsgroups: rec.audio.pro
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 11:56:31 +0000
 by: John Williamson - Thu, 22 Feb 2024 11:56 UTC

On 22/02/2024 10:59, Chris K-Man wrote:

> Is Eternal September available for tablets/ phones? Someone on another
> newsgroup mentioned News Tap Lite

Eternal-September can be accessed by anyone with a news reader app. You
just need to set up an account using the instructions on the web page.
You need a valid e-mail account for the verificartion stage of the
account setup procedure.

NewsTap Lite is only for iPhone and othet Apple mobile devices.

This page lists some ways to access usenet via a web browser such as the
ones on Android and Apple phines.

https://www.newsgroupreviews.com/web-usenet.html
--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Re: A NOTE OF THANKS - BUT NO THANKS!

<9ba39033-dabd-469a-8e7c-79f5576d390fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=2335&group=rec.audio.pro#2335

Newsgroups: rec.audio.pro
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 03:58:39 -0800 (PST)
From: thekmanrocks@gmail.com (Chris K-Man)
 by: Chris K-Man - Thu, 22 Feb 2024 11:58 UTC

On Thursday, February 22, 2024 at 6:56:39 AM UTC-5, John Williamson wrote:
> On 22/02/2024 10:59, Chris K-Man wrote:
>
> > Is Eternal September available for tablets/ phones? Someone on another
> > newsgroup mentioned News Tap Lite
> >
> Eternal-September can be accessed by anyone with a news reader app. You
> just need to set up an account using the instructions on the web page.
> You need a valid e-mail account for the verificartion stage of the
> account setup procedure.
>
> NewsTap Lite is only for iPhone and othet Apple mobile devices.
>
> This page lists some ways to access usenet via a web browser such as the
> ones on Android and Apple phines.
>
> https://www.newsgroupreviews.com/web-usenet.html
> --
> Tciao for Now!
>
> John.
______

Thank you! I didn't know September was that simple.

Re: A NOTE OF THANKS - BUT NO THANKS!

<3nnXZRey8fhBHl8B1pw=Zp7upojP@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=2336&group=rec.audio.pro#2336

From: chuck23@dejanews.net (Chuck)
Newsgroups: rec.audio.pro
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 10:44:58 -0600
 by: Chuck - Thu, 22 Feb 2024 16:44 UTC

On Thu, 22 Feb 2024 02:59:57 -0800 (PST), Chris K-Man
<thekmanrocks@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Tuesday, February 20, 2024 at 9:09:37?AM UTC-5, Scott Dorsey wrote:
>> John Williamson <johnwil...@btinternet.com> wrote:

>> >I note that Chris posts via Gurgle Gropes...
>> >
>> >Maybe he doesn't know how to use the type of app known as a news reader
>> >or have the knowledge of how to set up an account, even when his hand is
>> >held by the account provider and application writer.
>> People have offered to help him for several years. If he doesn't want the
>> help that is his business.
>> --scott
>>
>> --
>> "C'est un Nagra. C'est suisse, et tres, tres precis."
>
>Is Eternal September available for tablets/ phones? Someone on another
>newsgroup mentioned News Tap Lite
For Android NTP News Reader 2.02APK

Re: A NOTE OF THANKS - BUT NO THANKS!

<l47cvkFn879U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=2354&group=rec.audio.pro#2354

From: mspammei@gmail.com (Markus Ermert)
Newsgroups: rec.audio.pro
Date: 28 Feb 2024 00:27:32 GMT
 by: Markus Ermert - Wed, 28 Feb 2024 00:27 UTC

Scott Dorsey <kludge@panix.com> wrote:

> Apps? Just get a newsreader and an account on a legitimate news provider like
> people have been telling you to do for the past decade. You will find it is
> FAR more pleasant than fighting with the horrible Google Groups interface.

This pleasure is experienced by the remaining few dozends of readers and
writers which a typical usenet group still has.

Latter-days' followers of a worn-out pensionists' hobby. Greetings from
philately.