From: jbeeson@invalid.net.invalid (Joy Beeson)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.misc
Subject: Re: AG: when to avoid the primary position
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2023 23:26:15 -0400
 by: Joy Beeson - Thu, 3 Aug 2023 03:26 UTC

I'm correcting this old post in case Google Groups blinks and
accidentally allows someone to read Usenet archives.

On Mon, 08 Sep 2014 00:17:55 -0300, Joy Beeson
<jbeeson@invalid.net.invalid> wrote:

> When riding on a road, the default position is the right-hand wheel
> track -- that is, you put your rightmost wheel where everybody else
> puts his rightmost wheel. (Change "right" to "left" if your country
> drives on the left.)

Everybody else *doesn't" put his right wheel in the right-wheel track.

Everybody else goes straight down the middle of his share of the road,
and the right wheel track is the place where his right wheel usually
happens to hit.

The default position is straight down the middle of your share of the
road.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at centurylink dot net

Re: AG: when to avoid the primary position

<vmgmci50733og5v294funggt5liukuivr0@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=256&group=rec.bicycles.misc#256

From: slocombjb@gmail.com (John B.)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.misc
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2023 13:03:51 +0700
 by: John B. - Thu, 3 Aug 2023 06:03 UTC

On Wed, 02 Aug 2023 23:26:15 -0400, Joy Beeson
<jbeeson@invalid.net.invalid> wrote:

>I'm correcting this old post in case Google Groups blinks and
>accidentally allows someone to read Usenet archives.
>
>On Mon, 08 Sep 2014 00:17:55 -0300, Joy Beeson
><jbeeson@invalid.net.invalid> wrote:
>
>> When riding on a road, the default position is the right-hand wheel
>> track -- that is, you put your rightmost wheel where everybody else
>> puts his rightmost wheel. (Change "right" to "left" if your country
>> drives on the left.)
>
>Everybody else *doesn't" put his right wheel in the right-wheel track.
>
>Everybody else goes straight down the middle of his share of the road,
>and the right wheel track is the place where his right wheel usually
>happens to hit.
>
>The default position is straight down the middle of your share of the
>road.

I would add (:-) if you ride on paved roads there is no "track" at all
(:-)
--
Cheers,

John B.