From: jbeeson@invalid.net.invalid (Joy Beeson)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.misc
Subject: Another season change.
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2023 21:44:05 -0400
 by: Joy Beeson - Fri, 20 Oct 2023 01:44 UTC

Thursday, 19 October 2023

My summer riding gloves are hanging up to dry.

I have mesh-back gloves for hot weather, and polyester gloves that fit
under warm gloves. On Tuesday, I wore my thinnest "fifty-cent" gloves
over my summer gloves, which was all right because I took the warm
gloves off at the first stop and never put them back on. When laying
out clothes on Tuesday night for yesterday's trip to the dentist, I
hunted out my winter gloves and left the summer gloves in the laundry
room.

I don't have a name for the simple style of mystery-fiber gloves, but
they were two pairs for a dollar when they first came on the market.
Now they aren't available at any price. I couldn't find
any last fall, and the fall before that I had to settle for gloves
with conductive fingertips. I'm looking hopefully in every place
that might have warm gloves this fall. I don't want to spend skilled
labor darning cheap gloves.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at centurylink dot net

Re: Another season change.

<ujr3ji191m8gh7acpoi97k14fgrbuu5ift@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=268&group=rec.bicycles.misc#268

From: slocombjb@gmail.com (John B.)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.misc
Subject: Re: Another season change.
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2023 10:06:28 +0700
 by: John B. - Fri, 20 Oct 2023 03:06 UTC

On Thu, 19 Oct 2023 21:44:05 -0400, Joy Beeson
<jbeeson@invalid.net.invalid> wrote:

>Thursday, 19 October 2023
>
>My summer riding gloves are hanging up to dry.
>
>I have mesh-back gloves for hot weather, and polyester gloves that fit
>under warm gloves. On Tuesday, I wore my thinnest "fifty-cent" gloves
>over my summer gloves, which was all right because I took the warm
>gloves off at the first stop and never put them back on. When laying
>out clothes on Tuesday night for yesterday's trip to the dentist, I
>hunted out my winter gloves and left the summer gloves in the laundry
>room.
>
>I don't have a name for the simple style of mystery-fiber gloves, but
>they were two pairs for a dollar when they first came on the market.
>Now they aren't available at any price. I couldn't find
>any last fall, and the fall before that I had to settle for gloves
>with conductive fingertips. I'm looking hopefully in every place
>that might have warm gloves this fall. I don't want to spend skilled
>labor darning cheap gloves.

Mittens? Easy to knit. Leather pair as outers.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Re: Another season change.

<uh3hqe$2h0s6$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=269&group=rec.bicycles.misc#269

From: mortimer@VivoBook.X512D (Mortimer Houghton)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.misc
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2023 16:15:10 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Mortimer Houghton - Sun, 22 Oct 2023 16:15 UTC

Joy Beeson <jbeeson@invalid.net.invalid> writes:

>Thursday, 19 October 2023

>My summer riding gloves are hanging up to dry.

>I have mesh-back gloves for hot weather, and polyester gloves that fit
>under warm gloves. On Tuesday, I wore my thinnest "fifty-cent" gloves
>over my summer gloves, which was all right because I took the warm
>gloves off at the first stop and never put them back on. When laying
>out clothes on Tuesday night for yesterday's trip to the dentist, I
>hunted out my winter gloves and left the summer gloves in the laundry
>room.

>I don't have a name for the simple style of mystery-fiber gloves, but
>they were two pairs for a dollar when they first came on the market.
>Now they aren't available at any price. I couldn't find
>any last fall, and the fall before that I had to settle for gloves
>with conductive fingertips. I'm looking hopefully in every place
>that might have warm gloves this fall. I don't want to spend skilled
>labor darning cheap gloves.

I'm in a warmer clime, but I need to start thinking about adjusting my
bicycling wardrobe as well. Lost some of my winter gear in a fire, so
looks like I need to go shopping.

--
There are the known knowns, things we know we know;
and the known unknowns, things we know we do not know;