From: rec-radio-amateur-moderated-request@panix.com (K0NR via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin)
Newsgroups: rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Subject: [K0NR] Argentine Pass and Argentine Peak
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2023 07:38:29 EDT
s=automattic1; t=1696910246;
bh=krYq2hIfXu3AMTFv3+Xa1bMdgjP/wxotDZVAe3o20kQ=;
h=Date:To:From:Subject:List-Help:List-Unsubscribe:List-Subscribe:
List-Archive:From;
b=B9+HHIhtUVgBsQTStPzSRkZqEgT8wKn9700Ka4Bky4dJhQBVvzfm6MPywSXKxYdMW
Y/a6yzOrl8ViexmWgEpqPiqyp2day2BGooqfEFp7XN2D7BBPcIW0B9hrWG7276j6SP
fRsQqxRcyOHzCHNFaCU8w+iUnBRVx7gvXVlDqvAnqOcGVdjg81d3XaVYAYavviChAk
vizovUnAcokFFFN2wFK/PgQKqX2u1CQ+AEnQmTQRmgk+Ao6SjiAHRVAzZ74K6VBKlM
aWp4VgnrbMwq3JUaqLeT5E5lUHXuBPm8WB3uELPbGeWKTtuSMr+TAginUFoepM0mFi
ToEqMNAXSMKLg==
=LScs
 by: K0NR via rec.radio.a - Tue, 10 Oct 2023 11:38 UTC

Post : Argentine Pass and Argentine Peak
Author : Bob K0NR
Categories : Ham Radio, Mountains, POTA, SOTA, VHF/UHF

Argentine Peak (W0C/SR-019 ( https://www.sotadata.org.uk/en/summit/W0C/SR-019
) ) is a high 13er (13,738 ft) in the Sawatch Range. I had my eye on this
summit for a Summits On The Air (SOTA) ( https://www.sota.org.uk/ )
activation for quite some time now. This summit is a short distance from
Argentine Pass, which is the fourth-highest road in Colorado at 13,207 feet.
A non-radio goal I have is to drive the Jeep up the twenty highest roads in
Colorado, so Argentine Pass is on that list. Not only that, Argentine Peak
sits on the Continental Divide, separating the Arapaho National Forest and
the White River National Forest, so it can also be activated for Parks On The
Air (POTA). ( https://parksontheair.com/ )

[...]

tech / rec.radio.amateur.equipment / [K0NR] Argentine Pass and Argentine Peak