Computers don't actually think. You just think they think. (We think.)

tech / rec.aviation.soaring / LxNav S100 Problem with SD Card

SubjectAuthor
* LxNav S100 Problem with SD CardEnrique Gracia
`* LxNav S100 Problem with SD CardTim Newport-Peace
 `* LxNav S100 Problem with SD CardPaul Remde
  `* LxNav S100 Problem with SD Card2G
   `* LxNav S100 Problem with SD CardEnrique Gracia
    `- LxNav S100 Problem with SD CardEnrique Gracia

1
LxNav S100 Problem with SD Card

<73287208-d7ae-4d2a-ae24-b1393953cd37n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=33160&group=rec.aviation.soaring#33160

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2023 03:06:45 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: LxNav S100 Problem with SD Card
From: enriquegraciac@gmail.com (Enrique Gracia)
 by: Enrique Gracia - Fri, 4 Aug 2023 10:06 UTC

Hi. I bought a glider with an S100 vario and it does not read the Micro SD card that I used to store a pilot and vario profile and to take out the logs.

It says something like "Cannot load Micro SD Card". It also sends a warning messasge when trying to store something.

I deleted the previous pilot profile and the Vario seems to have been reset and half the functions/pages don't seem to be there. I only see the Info and Vario page but not task or thermal assistant.

Also, I think that the electronic compensation is gone so the Vario (having the tubes setup for electronic compensation) is not compensated and everytime I go up, it shows ascendence and the opposite. That seems easier to solve, but not the SD Card issue.

On the manual it says nothing about troubleshooting, seems like nothing can go wrong, so I wonder if anybody has had the same problem. Sorry for the long message.

Enrique.

Re: LxNav S100 Problem with SD Card

<uain8c$18jaq$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=33161&group=rec.aviation.soaring#33161

From: tim@newportpeace.co.uk (Tim Newport-Peace)
Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring
Subject: Re: LxNav S100 Problem with SD Card
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2023 12:26:03 +0100
 by: Tim Newport-Peace - Fri, 4 Aug 2023 11:26 UTC

On 04/08/2023 11:06, Enrique Gracia wrote:
> Hi. I bought a glider with an S100 vario and it does not read the Micro SD card that I used to store a pilot and vario profile and to take out the logs.
>
> It says something like "Cannot load Micro SD Card". It also sends a warning messasge when trying to store something.
>
> I deleted the previous pilot profile and the Vario seems to have been reset and half the functions/pages don't seem to be there. I only see the Info and Vario page but not task or thermal assistant.
>
> Also, I think that the electronic compensation is gone so the Vario (having the tubes setup for electronic compensation) is not compensated and everytime I go up, it shows ascendence and the opposite. That seems easier to solve, but not the SD Card issue.
>
> On the manual it says nothing about troubleshooting, seems like nothing can go wrong, so I wonder if anybody has had the same problem. Sorry for the long message.
>
> Enrique.

We have been round this buoy before.

There are limits on the size and format that some recorders will accept
for a SD card.

Cards formatted by Windows may not be accepted. Visit the SD Association
site https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/ and use their formatter.

Use the correct folder on the SD card, or your data may not be seen.

Sorry for the long reply ;=)

Re: LxNav S100 Problem with SD Card

<6ecace22-4ba0-4a4a-b32e-72565a43208bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=33162&group=rec.aviation.soaring#33162

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2023 05:34:36 -0700 (PDT)
From: paul@remde.us (Paul Remde)
 by: Paul Remde - Fri, 4 Aug 2023 12:34 UTC

Hi Enrique,

I agree with the assessment above that you may need to try a microSD card with less capacity - try 16 GB.

You can also try to reformat the existing microSD card using a PC.

I have also seen an issue where the memory of an S100 became full or corrupted. I used a password from the S100 manual to completely reset the S100 to defaults. You may want to try that.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

On Friday, August 4, 2023 at 6:26:08 AM UTC-5, Tim Newport-Peace wrote:
> On 04/08/2023 11:06, Enrique Gracia wrote:
> > Hi. I bought a glider with an S100 vario and it does not read the Micro SD card that I used to store a pilot and vario profile and to take out the logs.
> >
> > It says something like "Cannot load Micro SD Card". It also sends a warning messasge when trying to store something.
> >
> > I deleted the previous pilot profile and the Vario seems to have been reset and half the functions/pages don't seem to be there. I only see the Info and Vario page but not task or thermal assistant.
> >
> > Also, I think that the electronic compensation is gone so the Vario (having the tubes setup for electronic compensation) is not compensated and everytime I go up, it shows ascendence and the opposite. That seems easier to solve, but not the SD Card issue.
> >
> > On the manual it says nothing about troubleshooting, seems like nothing can go wrong, so I wonder if anybody has had the same problem. Sorry for the long message.
> >
> > Enrique.
> >
> We have been round this buoy before.
>
> There are limits on the size and format that some recorders will accept
> for a SD card.
>
> Cards formatted by Windows may not be accepted. Visit the SD Association
> site https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/ and use their formatter.
>
> Use the correct folder on the SD card, or your data may not be seen.
>
> Sorry for the long reply ;=)

Re: LxNav S100 Problem with SD Card

<c532039f-ba9b-4e0a-881e-7ec8c143fddfn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=33228&group=rec.aviation.soaring#33228

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2023 09:02:44 -0700 (PDT)
From: soar2morrow@yahoo.com (2G)
 by: 2G - Fri, 11 Aug 2023 16:02 UTC

On Friday, August 4, 2023 at 5:34:39 AM UTC-7, Paul Remde wrote:
> Hi Enrique,
>
> I agree with the assessment above that you may need to try a microSD card with less capacity - try 16 GB.
>
> You can also try to reformat the existing microSD card using a PC.
>
> I have also seen an issue where the memory of an S100 became full or corrupted. I used a password from the S100 manual to completely reset the S100 to defaults. You may want to try that.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Paul Remde
> Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
> On Friday, August 4, 2023 at 6:26:08 AM UTC-5, Tim Newport-Peace wrote:
> > On 04/08/2023 11:06, Enrique Gracia wrote:
> > > Hi. I bought a glider with an S100 vario and it does not read the Micro SD card that I used to store a pilot and vario profile and to take out the logs.
> > >
> > > It says something like "Cannot load Micro SD Card". It also sends a warning messasge when trying to store something.
> > >
> > > I deleted the previous pilot profile and the Vario seems to have been reset and half the functions/pages don't seem to be there. I only see the Info and Vario page but not task or thermal assistant.
> > >
> > > Also, I think that the electronic compensation is gone so the Vario (having the tubes setup for electronic compensation) is not compensated and everytime I go up, it shows ascendence and the opposite. That seems easier to solve, but not the SD Card issue.
> > >
> > > On the manual it says nothing about troubleshooting, seems like nothing can go wrong, so I wonder if anybody has had the same problem. Sorry for the long message.
> > >
> > > Enrique.
> > >
> > We have been round this buoy before.
> >
> > There are limits on the size and format that some recorders will accept
> > for a SD card.
> >
> > Cards formatted by Windows may not be accepted. Visit the SD Association
> > site https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/ and use their formatter.
> >
> > Use the correct folder on the SD card, or your data may not be seen.
> >
> > Sorry for the long reply ;=)

Even if you use a smaller micro SD card you may have problems if there are too many files on it. Use a dedicated card with just the files you intend to use with the device. I could not update my LX Nav V8 because of this issue, but, unlike you, I did not get any error messages whatsoever. Also, format the micro SD card in the S100, not on another computer. LX Nav says something about this in their manual, but it is well buried.

Tom 2G

Re: LxNav S100 Problem with SD Card

<8a3a113d-5904-464d-b0f5-dacd77e7b4c4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=33371&group=rec.aviation.soaring#33371

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2023 01:28:15 -0700 (PDT)
From: enriquegraciac@gmail.com (Enrique Gracia)
 by: Enrique Gracia - Fri, 18 Aug 2023 08:28 UTC

El viernes, 11 de agosto de 2023 a las 18:02:48 UTC+2, 2G escribió:
> On Friday, August 4, 2023 at 5:34:39 AM UTC-7, Paul Remde wrote:
> > Hi Enrique,
> >
> > I agree with the assessment above that you may need to try a microSD card with less capacity - try 16 GB.
> >
> > You can also try to reformat the existing microSD card using a PC.
> >
> > I have also seen an issue where the memory of an S100 became full or corrupted. I used a password from the S100 manual to completely reset the S100 to defaults. You may want to try that.
> >
> > Best Regards,
> >
> > Paul Remde
> > Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

> > > We have been round this buoy before.
> > >
> > > There are limits on the size and format that some recorders will accept
> > > for a SD card.
> > >
> > > Cards formatted by Windows may not be accepted. Visit the SD Association
> > > site https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/ and use their formatter.
> > >
> > > Use the correct folder on the SD card, or your data may not be seen.
> > >
> > > Sorry for the long reply ;=)
> Even if you use a smaller micro SD card you may have problems if there are too many files on it. Use a dedicated card with just the files you intend to use with the device. I could not update my LX Nav V8 because of this issue, but, unlike you, I did not get any error messages whatsoever. Also, format the micro SD card in the S100, not on another computer. LX Nav says something about this in their manual, but it is well buried.
>
> Tom 2G
Thanks for all the feedback. I will certainly try all of the above. Sorry I didn't know how to reply from my mobile and could not do until now.
Enrique.

Re: LxNav S100 Problem with SD Card

<dfcae4d1-e52f-4432-b66e-b4b7bd592661n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=33541&group=rec.aviation.soaring#33541

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2023 02:54:21 -0700 (PDT)
From: enriquegraciac@gmail.com (Enrique Gracia)
 by: Enrique Gracia - Thu, 31 Aug 2023 09:54 UTC

El viernes, 18 de agosto de 2023 a las 10:28:18 UTC+2, Enrique Gracia escribió:
> El viernes, 11 de agosto de 2023 a las 18:02:48 UTC+2, 2G escribió:
> > On Friday, August 4, 2023 at 5:34:39 AM UTC-7, Paul Remde wrote:
> > > Hi Enrique,
> > >
> > > I agree with the assessment above that you may need to try a microSD card with less capacity - try 16 GB.
> > >
> > > You can also try to reformat the existing microSD card using a PC.
> > >
> > > I have also seen an issue where the memory of an S100 became full or corrupted. I used a password from the S100 manual to completely reset the S100 to defaults. You may want to try that.
> > >
> > > Best Regards,
> > >
> > > Paul Remde
> > > Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

> > Even if you use a smaller micro SD card you may have problems if there are too many files on it. Use a dedicated card with just the files you intend to use with the device. I could not update my LX Nav V8 because of this issue, but, unlike you, I did not get any error messages whatsoever. Also, format the micro SD card in the S100, not on another computer. LX Nav says something about this in their manual, but it is well buried.
> >
> > Tom 2G
> Thanks for all the feedback. I will certainly try all of the above. Sorry I didn't know how to reply from my mobile and could not do until now.
> Enrique.
Hi all, it worked!!

I bought the smaller SD cards I could find (16gb) among known brands, I formatted them on the softwared you proposed and it worked. I already have my profile saved on the SD card and I took it home to upload airspaces and waypoints.

Thanks a lot for all your help.

Enrique.