When speculation has done its worst, two plus two still equals four. -- S. Johnson

tech / rec.aviation.soaring / Re: Kerry Covers still available and better than ever

SubjectAuthor
* Kerry Covers still available and better than everpyroar...@gmail.com
+* Kerry Covers still available and better than ever2G
|`* Kerry Covers still available and better than everJohn_DeRosa_OHM_Ω_http://aviation.derosaweb.net
| `- Kerry Covers still available and better than ever2G
`- Kerry Covers still available and better than everEric Greenwell

1
Kerry Covers still available and better than ever

<68426a65-c44f-4d3d-8dc1-95fa3aea89acn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=33493&group=rec.aviation.soaring#33493

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2023 16:26:35 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Kerry Covers still available and better than ever
From: pyroartist.dw@gmail.com (pyroar...@gmail.com)
 by: pyroar...@gmail.com - Mon, 28 Aug 2023 23:26 UTC

After using my Kerry covers most summers over the last 10 years they were starting to get UVed in the areas that were flat and exposed to the sun. The fabric was getting thin and tearing easily. I did not see any US dealers selling these so I decided to buy them direct from China. I enquired by email and was quoted a price of only $800 which included 5 day FedEx shipping! Seeing that other covers are now over $2K, this seemed a great deal. The covers were made within 3 weeks and arrived in perfect condition. To my surprise they are better made than my originals. There is sort of a cushiony padding on the inside layer now and the outside seems like it should be even more rain-resistant as it has a flexible, tight surface. They come in a nice carry bag. Clips and bungee material is included so you can make stays to fit in the grommets making the covers more wind resistant should you need that.
I was asked to wire the money to a guy in Australia, so maybe he is now the owner. But it was all good and I am very happy with the quality.
Here is the contact email to inquire about price for your glider model:
lewis@kerry-cover.com

Re: Kerry Covers still available and better than ever

<409797f6-f05d-4b99-a1cb-91370fe55866n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=33495&group=rec.aviation.soaring#33495

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2023 17:00:15 -0700 (PDT)
From: soar2morrow@yahoo.com (2G)
 by: 2G - Tue, 29 Aug 2023 00:00 UTC

On Monday, August 28, 2023 at 4:26:38 PM UTC-7, pyroar...@gmail.com wrote:
> After using my Kerry covers most summers over the last 10 years they were starting to get UVed in the areas that were flat and exposed to the sun. The fabric was getting thin and tearing easily. I did not see any US dealers selling these so I decided to buy them direct from China. I enquired by email and was quoted a price of only $800 which included 5 day FedEx shipping! Seeing that other covers are now over $2K, this seemed a great deal. The covers were made within 3 weeks and arrived in perfect condition. To my surprise they are better made than my originals. There is sort of a cushiony padding on the inside layer now and the outside seems like it should be even more rain-resistant as it has a flexible, tight surface. They come in a nice carry bag. Clips and bungee material is included so you can make stays to fit in the grommets making the covers more wind resistant should you need that.
> I was asked to wire the money to a guy in Australia, so maybe he is now the owner. But it was all good and I am very happy with the quality.
> Here is the contact email to inquire about price for your glider model:
> le...@kerry-cover.com

Yes, it is truly amazing what slave labor can do for prices!

Tom 2G

Re: Kerry Covers still available and better than ever

<72c27824-56a5-49b8-b0a2-2c57660e81b7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=33511&group=rec.aviation.soaring#33511

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2023 14:46:51 -0700 (PDT)
From: jhderosa@gmail.com (John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net)
 by: John DeRosa OHM Ω - Tue, 29 Aug 2023 21:46 UTC

I purchased ASW-27 wing covers through Bruces (https://aircraftcovers.com/) for something around $700 two years ago. I like them very much and I especially like the ease of putting them onto the wings with a long zipper on the underside going from wing root to the top of the winglets. I don't have any longevity data as yet.

John (OHM)

Re: Kerry Covers still available and better than ever

<fc61e90b-8173-4a7d-827d-55228c751f70n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=33517&group=rec.aviation.soaring#33517

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2023 16:21:18 -0700 (PDT)
From: engreenwell@gmail.com (Eric Greenwell)
 by: Eric Greenwell - Tue, 29 Aug 2023 23:21 UTC

On Monday, August 28, 2023 at 4:26:38 PM UTC-7, pyroar...@gmail.com wrote:
> After using my Kerry covers most summers over the last 10 years they were starting to get UVed in the areas that were flat and exposed to the sun. The fabric was getting thin and tearing easily. I did not see any US dealers selling these so I decided to buy them direct from China. I enquired by email and was quoted a price of only $800 which included 5 day FedEx shipping! Seeing that other covers are now over $2K, this seemed a great deal. The covers were made within 3 weeks and arrived in perfect condition. To my surprise they are better made than my originals. There is sort of a cushiony padding on the inside layer now and the outside seems like it should be even more rain-resistant as it has a flexible, tight surface. They come in a nice carry bag. Clips and bungee material is included so you can make stays to fit in the grommets making the covers more wind resistant should you need that.
> I was asked to wire the money to a guy in Australia, so maybe he is now the owner. But it was all good and I am very happy with the quality.
> Here is the contact email to inquire about price for your glider model:
> le...@kerry-cover.com
I purchased a set of Kerry Covers (sold under the label "Uncuttable") for my ASH26E from Wings&Wheels a few months ago. They are as you describe, and came in about a week. The bag they came with was big andreally awkward in my trailer, so I now store the covers in two duffel bags of 65L each (fit is a bit tight - 75L would be a better size) that are placed on each side of the tail boom ahead of the fin for travel.

My only complaint is I had to assemble the bungees for the covers (about 12-14, and there is a trick to it that is not described anywhere. I think the bungees should have come ready to use; after all, they know exactly what aircraft the covers are for, so why make the pilot hassle with them?

Re: Kerry Covers still available and better than ever

<c161fa39-f2c6-42f1-970e-2e08845b70a0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=33539&group=rec.aviation.soaring#33539

Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2023 21:12:37 -0700 (PDT)
From: soar2morrow@yahoo.com (2G)
 by: 2G - Thu, 31 Aug 2023 04:12 UTC

On Tuesday, August 29, 2023 at 2:46:54 PM UTC-7, John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net wrote:
> I purchased ASW-27 wing covers through Bruces (https://aircraftcovers.com/) for something around $700 two years ago. I like them very much and I especially like the ease of putting them onto the wings with a long zipper on the underside going from wing root to the top of the winglets. I don't have any longevity data as yet.
>
> John (OHM)

A full set of covers for my ASH31Mi cost more than the Cloud Dancers I bought, albeit three years ago.

Tom 2G