Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2023 15:14:09 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: The Upcoming Season
From: youngblood8116@gmail.com (youngbl...@gmail.com)
 by: youngbl...@gmail.com - Thu, 14 Sep 2023 22:14 UTC

Looks like things out west are winding down and the snow blizzards or on the way, even a right or left banana move can change the weather. Although I might add that this early and late summer have provided some awfully nice flights.
Now as the winds are changing and the days will begin to shorten it looks like Florida once again will be the focal point for soaring. Even the motorglider guys are getting ready to pack up their campers and head to the sunshine state, maybe Governor DeSantis will greet them.
There is a change of air already, that will certainly bring cooler air and some great soaring. Our Safari will be better than ever, many pilots are already asking about our turnpoint database and local accommodations.
Would love to see some of the ladies from the GTA come down to Vero and enjoy the wonderful soaring of the Treasure Coast and beyond deep into the Everglades. What the hell, Alabama got beat by Texas and Auburn isn't so strong. Why not spend the Saturday at the TCSC glider club, Old Bob, The Purist