Newsgroups: rec.aviation.soaring
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2024 08:43:59 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Motorgliders Are Like Breast Implants
From: jfitch@flash.net (jfitch)
 by: jfitch - Tue, 13 Feb 2024 16:43 UTC

On Sunday, February 11, 2024 at 2:35:53 PM UTC-8, youngbl...@gmail.com wrote:
> Look guys, there is nothing glamorous about motorgliders, they are the a fake persona of a glider. They have those pop-up or out fake examples of something to impress those only interested in the esthetics. I often refer to the motorglider as the push to start button that looks good but has no natural touch! I was calling on the frequency the last couple of days and asked if there were any motorglider guys flying at SLGP, the replies were so congested that every motorglider pilot was trying to reply all at once. These guys were flying up and down HWY 27 and acting like they had done some 1000K triangle, God help these guys. OBTP
Old Bob, you are suffering from Motorglider Envy Syndrome (MES). This often afflicts older gentlemen who cannot Get It Up on their own and require outside assistance. This assistance can be in the form of drug treatment (now available mail order and generic) or finding a partner to "tug your towline". These often are not available at the time of greatest need, so spontaneity to perform the Act of Soaring is severely affected. The simplest treatment is always to address the root cause: the lack of internal ability to "rise to the occasion". I'd suggest visiting your favorite Sailplane Salesman (or I guess we need to say "Salesperson" these days) to see what they can offer you to assist with MES. Since about 80% of sailplanes sold these days have the needed ability there should be many choices.