From: fffelix.jan.yt@gmail.com (Félix An)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.racing
Subject: Has anyone here cycled in China before?
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2023 17:04:37 +0800
 by: Félix An - Mon, 18 Dec 2023 09:04 UTC

I'm currently in Hangzhou, and I have a road bike, and during the
summer, I will often go for rides through the picturesque mountains of
Xihu and sometimes climb the hill to the Longjing Tea Village. Has
anyone here cycled in China before? Does anyone here have some good
routes to share?

Re: Has anyone here cycled in China before?

<kucojiF1o3nU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=386&group=rec.bicycles.racing#386

From: bob.martin@excite.com (Bob Martin)
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.racing
Subject: Re: Has anyone here cycled in China before?
Date: 19 Dec 2023 05:38:58 GMT
 by: Bob Martin - Tue, 19 Dec 2023 05:38 UTC

On 18 Dec 2023 at 09:04:37, =?UTF-8?B?RsOpbGl4IEFu?= <fffelix.jan.yt@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm currently in Hangzhou, and I have a road bike, and during the
> summer, I will often go for rides through the picturesque mountains of
> Xihu and sometimes climb the hill to the Longjing Tea Village. Has
> anyone here cycled in China before? Does anyone here have some good
> routes to share?

Anne Mustoe, an elderly English woman, has cycled extensively all around the world,
including China, mostly alone, and chronicles her travels in her very entertaining books.
I can recommend them to all cyclists.

"A Bike Ride: 12,000 miles around the world"
"Lone Traveller: One Woman, Two Wheels and the World"
"Che Guevara and the Mountain of Silver: By bicycle and train through South America"