"Help Mr. Wizard!" -- Tennessee Tuxedo

tech / sci.electronics.repair / Re: PCB Circuit diagram for Intertactive Health EMS12 massage chair

SubjectAuthor
* PCB Circuit diagram for Intertactive Health EMS12 massage chairAmanda Ripanykhazova
`* PCB Circuit diagram for Intertactive Health EMS12 massage chairAmanda Ripanykhazova
 `* PCB Circuit diagram for Intertactive Health EMS12 massage chairBertrand Sindri
  `* PCB Circuit diagram for Intertactive Health EMS12 massage chairAmandaa Ripanykhazov
   `* PCB Circuit diagram for Intertactive Health EMS12 massage chairBertrand Sindri
    `- PCB Circuit diagram for Intertactive Health EMS12 massage chairCarlos E.R.

1
PCB Circuit diagram for Intertactive Health EMS12 massage chair

<8b80ef25-d024-46af-a6eb-0a1134c84280n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=4620&group=sci.electronics.repair#4620

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.repair
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2024 13:52:10 -0800 (PST)
Subject: PCB Circuit diagram for Intertactive Health EMS12 massage chair
From: licensedtoquill@gmail.com (Amanda Ripanykhazova)
 by: Amanda Ripanykhazova - Fri, 5 Jan 2024 21:52 UTC

I have this massage chair sitting in my living room which my repairer says he can't repair without the circuit diagram. It appears to be a Getaway Chair. the reclining motor still works but the handset doesn't even show its red ON light any more.

Does anyone know where I can get one please? There dont seem to be any authorised repair shops anywhere and Interactive health just refuses to assist.

Does the seller have to file it to get an UL certification? or is there any way it had to be filed with any other federal agency?

Or is there any way I can figure out who made it for Interactive Health? (I have seen references to it having been Made in Japan)

Re: PCB Circuit diagram for Intertactive Health EMS12 massage chair

<32d6a5a7-a8b5-4438-b3f3-6bf99d0b34e4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=4627&group=sci.electronics.repair#4627

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.repair
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2024 08:06:44 -0800 (PST)
From: licensedtoquill@gmail.com (Amanda Ripanykhazova)
 by: Amanda Ripanykhazova - Sat, 6 Jan 2024 16:06 UTC

> Look under Vitalityweb.com. $3,000, 90 day warranty. Cheap. Clearly there is not a great deal of faith in its longevity.

But I don't see that as a reason not to let anyone see the circuit diagram?

Re: PCB Circuit diagram for Intertactive Health EMS12 massage chair

<V2qmN.144436$c3Ea.101666@fx10.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=4635&group=sci.electronics.repair#4635

From: bertrand.sindri@yahoo.com (Bertrand Sindri)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.repair
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2024 04:48:53 GMT
 by: Bertrand Sindri - Sun, 7 Jan 2024 04:48 UTC

Amanda Ripanykhazova <licensedtoquill@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Look under Vitalityweb.com. $3,000, 90 day warranty. Cheap. Clearly
>> there is not a great deal of faith in its longevity.
>
> But I don't see that as a reason not to let anyone see the circuit
> diagram?

If, by witholding the circuit diagram you can't repair your old one and
this results in a sale of a new $3,000 chair, then the company sees
3000 reasons to withhold the circuit diagram.

Have to keep the new product sales treadmill running, and we can't let
repair of old models result in lost sales of new ones. Or so the
corporate doublethink goes.

Re: PCB Circuit diagram for Intertactive Health EMS12 massage chair

<uneqkh$vch5$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=4641&group=sci.electronics.repair#4641

From: licensedtoquill@gmail.com (Amandaa Ripanykhazov)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.repair
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2024 13:30:41 -0500
 by: Amandaa Ripanykhazov - Sun, 7 Jan 2024 18:30 UTC

Have to keep the new product sales treadmill running, and we can't let
> repair of old models result in lost sales of new ones. Or so the
> corporate doublethink goes.

But who in their right mind would dream of buying a new three thousand
dollar item from a company which would not only not support their
products, but which would so infuriate their customers by telling them
to get lost when they even dare to ask for a circuit diagram??

For my part, I'd prefer to publicise to the whole world that this
company will intentionally turn your/their $3000 massage chair in your
living room into a gigantic white elephant!

People should be warned off from ever having any dealings with such a
company.

Re: PCB Circuit diagram for Intertactive Health EMS12 massage chair

<B_KmN.138247$Wp_8.104634@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=4645&group=sci.electronics.repair#4645

From: bertrand.sindri@yahoo.com (Bertrand Sindri)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.repair
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2024 04:37:53 GMT
 by: Bertrand Sindri - Mon, 8 Jan 2024 04:37 UTC

Amandaa Ripanykhazov <licensedtoquill@gmail.com> wrote:
> Have to keep the new product sales treadmill running, and we can't
>> let repair of old models result in lost sales of new ones. Or so
>> the corporate doublethink goes.
>>
> But who in their right mind would dream of buying a new three
> thousand dollar item from a company which would not only not support
> their products, but which would so infuriate their customers by
> telling them to get lost when they even dare to ask for a circuit
> diagram??

Ah, but see, there's where you are indicating you are not the typical
customer.

For a $3000 massage chair, the typical customer (and 99% of all the
customers) will do one of two things when their $3000 chair fails.

One, if the chair is in warranty, they will instruct their personal
assistant to file a warranty claim.

Two, if the chair is out of warranty, they will instruct their personal
assistant to purchase a new chair and dispose of the failed one.

And the corporate doublethinkers know this, and are banking on this
behavior from 99% of their customers.

You fall into that remaining 1%, and they have no issue with telling
you to go pound sand, because you are not enough revenue to matter, nor
will you likely have sufficient influence to impact the sales treadmill
for the 99% remainder.

> For my part, I'd prefer to publicise to the whole world that this
> company will intentionally turn your/their $3000 massage chair in
> your living room into a gigantic white elephant!

Agreed. But doing so here on s.e.r means all of a few tens to few
hundred individuals see it, and it has no impact at all on $3000 chair
sales.

> People should be warned off from ever having any dealings with such a
> company.

Also agreed, but to do so you'll need to reach those others who don't
even consider repair as an option and instruct their personal assistant
to buy another when the current one fails.

Re: PCB Circuit diagram for Intertactive Health EMS12 massage chair

<hers6kx1d1.ln2@Telcontar.valinor>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=4648&group=sci.electronics.repair#4648

From: robin_listas@es.invalid (Carlos E.R.)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.repair
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2024 10:21:52 +0100
 by: Carlos E.R. - Mon, 8 Jan 2024 09:21 UTC

On 2024-01-08 05:37, Bertrand Sindri wrote:
> Amandaa Ripanykhazov <licensedtoquill@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Have to keep the new product sales treadmill running, and we can't
>>> let repair of old models result in lost sales of new ones. Or so
>>> the corporate doublethink goes.
>>>
>> But who in their right mind would dream of buying a new three
>> thousand dollar item from a company which would not only not support
>> their products, but which would so infuriate their customers by
>> telling them to get lost when they even dare to ask for a circuit
>> diagram??
>
> Ah, but see, there's where you are indicating you are not the typical
> customer.
>
> For a $3000 massage chair, the typical customer (and 99% of all the
> customers) will do one of two things when their $3000 chair fails.
>
> One, if the chair is in warranty, they will instruct their personal
> assistant to file a warranty claim.
>
> Two, if the chair is out of warranty, they will instruct their personal
> assistant to purchase a new chair and dispose of the failed one.
>
> And the corporate doublethinkers know this, and are banking on this
> behavior from 99% of their customers.
>
> You fall into that remaining 1%, and they have no issue with telling
> you to go pound sand, because you are not enough revenue to matter, nor
> will you likely have sufficient influence to impact the sales treadmill
> for the 99% remainder.

Not with a chair that costs 3000€, no, we don't.

I can replace instantly an out of warranty gadget of about 300€. I
actually take a TV set to the repair shop. If it is 10 years old,
probably not.

--
Cheers, Carlos.