"Freedom is still the most radical idea of all." -- Nathaniel Branden

tech / sci.electronics.repair / TOP brand power bars phase error

SubjectAuthor
* TOP brand power bars phase errorlegg
+* Re: TOP brand power bars phase errorWolfgang Allinger
|`* Re: TOP brand power bars phase errorlegg
| `- Re: TOP brand power bars phase errorWolfgang Allinger
+* Re: TOP brand power bars phase errorColin Earl
|+- Re: TOP brand power bars phase errorlegg
|`- Re: TOP brand power bars phase errorlegg
`* Re: TOP brand power bars phase errorlegg
 `* Re: TOP brand power bars phase errorRoger Hayter
  `* Re: TOP brand power bars phase errorlegg
   `* Re: TOP brand power bars phase errorRoger Hayter
    +- Re: TOP brand power bars phase errorlegg
    `- Re: TOP brand power bars phase errorlegg

1
TOP brand power bars phase error

<tdieuil9tgomh0jq6iaoq3595p3h9pnq2b@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=4776&group=sci.electronics.repair#4776

From: legg@nospam.magma.ca (legg)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.repair
Subject: TOP brand power bars phase error
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2024 11:53:19 -0500
 by: legg - Tue, 5 Mar 2024 16:53 UTC

Last weekend, I found out that a TOP brand power bar on
my bench had been configured with a switched live wire to the
neutral pins of its outlets.

This power bar has multi-style plug compatibility, with
no UL or CSA safety markings. Will accept European, UK, US etc.

Internally, the plastic extrusion/mold specifically identifies
each location ( 'L' , 'N' ) with the reversed phasing.
The phasing identity in the wire color coding was correct
per IEC brown-live, blue-neutral, grn/yel-earth in the
internal wiring and line cord.

Is there a standard 3pin earthed wall plug (Euro UK Asia Oz
SA Arg etc) where live/neutral is specified as reverse to the
NA 120V 3pin orientation?

NA regulation socket, outside view.

N L

TOP hardware socket, outside view.

L N

RL

Re: TOP brand power bars phase error

<G$IzRaPjQoB@allinger-307049.user.uni-berlin>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=4781&group=sci.electronics.repair#4781

From: all2001@spambog.com (Wolfgang Allinger)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.repair
Subject: Re: TOP brand power bars phase error
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2024 19:56:00 -0300
 by: Wolfgang Allinger - Tue, 5 Mar 2024 22:56 UTC

On 05 Mar 24 at group /sci/electronics/repair in article tdieuil9tgomh0jq6iaoq3595p3h9pnq2b@4ax.com
<legg@nospam.magma.ca> (legg) wrote:

> Last weekend, I found out that a TOP brand power bar on
> my bench had been configured with a switched live wire to the
> neutral pins of its outlets.

> This power bar has multi-style plug compatibility, with
> no UL or CSA safety markings. Will accept European, UK, US etc.

> Internally, the plastic extrusion/mold specifically identifies
> each location ( 'L' , 'N' ) with the reversed phasing.
> The phasing identity in the wire color coding was correct
> per IEC brown-live, blue-neutral, grn/yel-earth in the
> internal wiring and line cord.

> Is there a standard 3pin earthed wall plug (Euro UK Asia Oz
> SA Arg etc) where live/neutral is specified

It depends on the country/connector style.
Germany no polarisation (SCHUKO),
other EU may have some.
Even SCHUKO Style with an aditional round ground (Swiss, Belgica...)
British connectors are very british :]

> as reverse to the
> NA 120V 3pin orientation?

> NA regulation socket, outside view.
> N L

> TOP hardware socket, outside view.

> L N

If you mean 'Kaltgerätestecker',

then look for IEC_60320 C13 female and C14 male.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEC_60320

better

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ger%C3%A4testecker

L N

So the TOP brand is international correct!

But USA rarely respect international norms :(
imperial vs metric :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mains_electricity_by_country

and

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AC_power_plugs_and_sockets

Saludos (an alle Vernünftigen, Rest sh. sig)
Wolfgang

--
Ich bin in Paraguay lebender Trollallergiker :) reply Adresse gesetzt!
Ich diskutiere zukünftig weniger mit Idioten, denn sie ziehen mich auf

Re: TOP brand power bars phase error

<8abguidpvv53dbhsoqr607snsb71i7ig79@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=4787&group=sci.electronics.repair#4787

From: colin_e@smartchat.net.au (Colin Earl)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.repair
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2024 19:22:07 +1030
 by: Colin Earl - Wed, 6 Mar 2024 08:52 UTC

On Tue, 05 Mar 2024 11:53:19 -0500, legg <legg@nospam.magma.ca> wrote:

>Last weekend, I found out that a TOP brand power bar on
>my bench had been configured with a switched live wire to the
>neutral pins of its outlets.
>
>This power bar has multi-style plug compatibility, with
>no UL or CSA safety markings. Will accept European, UK, US etc.
>
>Internally, the plastic extrusion/mold specifically identifies
>each location ( 'L' , 'N' ) with the reversed phasing.
>The phasing identity in the wire color coding was correct
>per IEC brown-live, blue-neutral, grn/yel-earth in the
>internal wiring and line cord.
>
>Is there a standard 3pin earthed wall plug (Euro UK Asia Oz
>SA Arg etc) where live/neutral is specified as reverse to the
>NA 120V 3pin orientation?
>
>NA regulation socket, outside view.
>
> N L

>TOP hardware socket, outside view.
>
> L N

>RL

An Australian standard GPO (general purpose outlet) viewed from the
front has the pin usage shown in your lower arrangement.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AS/NZS_3112

Re: TOP brand power bars phase error

<gesguit74rqiqbttmvej6gh6v927qdu697@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=4788&group=sci.electronics.repair#4788

From: legg@nospam.magma.ca (legg)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.repair
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2024 08:50:29 -0500
 by: legg - Wed, 6 Mar 2024 13:50 UTC

On Tue, 5 Mar 2024 19:56:00 -0300, "Wolfgang Allinger"
<all2001@spambog.com> wrote:

>On 05 Mar 24 at group /sci/electronics/repair in article tdieuil9tgomh0jq6iaoq3595p3h9pnq2b@4ax.com
><legg@nospam.magma.ca> (legg) wrote:
>
>> Last weekend, I found out that a TOP brand power bar on
>> my bench had been configured with a switched live wire to the
>> neutral pins of its outlets.
>
>> This power bar has multi-style plug compatibility, with
>> no UL or CSA safety markings. Will accept European, UK, US etc.
>
>> Internally, the plastic extrusion/mold specifically identifies
>> each location ( 'L' , 'N' ) with the reversed phasing.
>> The phasing identity in the wire color coding was correct
>> per IEC brown-live, blue-neutral, grn/yel-earth in the
>> internal wiring and line cord.
>
>> Is there a standard 3pin earthed wall plug (Euro UK Asia Oz
>> SA Arg etc) where live/neutral is specified
>
>It depends on the country/connector style.
>Germany no polarisation (SCHUKO),
>other EU may have some.
>Even SCHUKO Style with an aditional round ground (Swiss, Belgica...)
>British connectors are very british :]
>
>> as reverse to the
>> NA 120V 3pin orientation?
>
>> NA regulation socket, outside view.
>> N L
>

>> TOP hardware socket, outside view.
>
>> L N
>
>If you mean 'Kaltgerätestecker',
>
>then look for IEC_60320 C13 female and C14 male.
>
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEC_60320
>
>better
>
>https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ger%C3%A4testecker
>
>L N
>
>So the TOP brand is international correct!
>
>But USA rarely respect international norms :(
>imperial vs metric :)
>
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mains_electricity_by_country
>
>and
>
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AC_power_plugs_and_sockets
>

>Saludos (an alle Vernünftigen, Rest sh. sig)
>Wolfgang

The TOP hardware didn't address 60320 type plugs.

I'm looking for polarization standards in female
unshrouded sockets.

The 60320 is associated with switches and fuses on
both phases, so , polarized or not, the TOP situation
wouldn't present an issue.

RL

Re: TOP brand power bars phase error

<d9tgui52vfk64ehf1itgqnufrpa87s41h6@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=4789&group=sci.electronics.repair#4789

From: legg@nospam.magma.ca (legg)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.repair
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2024 08:58:17 -0500
 by: legg - Wed, 6 Mar 2024 13:58 UTC

On Wed, 06 Mar 2024 19:22:07 +1030, Colin Earl
<colin_e@smartchat.net.au> wrote:

>On Tue, 05 Mar 2024 11:53:19 -0500, legg <legg@nospam.magma.ca> wrote:
>
>>Last weekend, I found out that a TOP brand power bar on
>>my bench had been configured with a switched live wire to the
>>neutral pins of its outlets.
>>
>>This power bar has multi-style plug compatibility, with
>>no UL or CSA safety markings. Will accept European, UK, US etc.
>>
>>Internally, the plastic extrusion/mold specifically identifies
>>each location ( 'L' , 'N' ) with the reversed phasing.
>>The phasing identity in the wire color coding was correct
>>per IEC brown-live, blue-neutral, grn/yel-earth in the
>>internal wiring and line cord.
>>
>>Is there a standard 3pin earthed wall plug (Euro UK Asia Oz
>>SA Arg etc) where live/neutral is specified as reverse to the
>>NA 120V 3pin orientation?
>>
>>NA regulation socket, outside view.
>>
>> N L

>>TOP hardware socket, outside view.
>>
>> L N

>>RL
>
>An Australian standard GPO (general purpose outlet) viewed from the
>front has the pin usage shown in your lower arrangement.
>
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AS/NZS_3112

So it does , however this isn't one of the patterns that
the TOP power bar accepts - only rods or vert/horizontal blades.

RL

Re: TOP brand power bars phase error

<gptguihfmvceqi45mtuhibe578tpniof5u@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=4790&group=sci.electronics.repair#4790

From: legg@nospam.magma.ca (legg)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.repair
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2024 09:06:21 -0500
 by: legg - Wed, 6 Mar 2024 14:06 UTC

On Wed, 06 Mar 2024 19:22:07 +1030, Colin Earl
<colin_e@smartchat.net.au> wrote:

>On Tue, 05 Mar 2024 11:53:19 -0500, legg <legg@nospam.magma.ca> wrote:
>
>>Last weekend, I found out that a TOP brand power bar on
>>my bench had been configured with a switched live wire to the
>>neutral pins of its outlets.
>>
>>This power bar has multi-style plug compatibility, with
>>no UL or CSA safety markings. Will accept European, UK, US etc.
>>
>>Internally, the plastic extrusion/mold specifically identifies
>>each location ( 'L' , 'N' ) with the reversed phasing.
>>The phasing identity in the wire color coding was correct
>>per IEC brown-live, blue-neutral, grn/yel-earth in the
>>internal wiring and line cord.
>>
>>Is there a standard 3pin earthed wall plug (Euro UK Asia Oz
>>SA Arg etc) where live/neutral is specified as reverse to the
>>NA 120V 3pin orientation?
>>
>>NA regulation socket, outside view.
>>
>> N L

>>TOP hardware socket, outside view.
>>
>> L N

>>RL
>
>An Australian standard GPO (general purpose outlet) viewed from the
>front has the pin usage shown in your lower arrangement.
>
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AS/NZS_3112

I've got an IRAM standard pattern from Argentina, with angled blades
polarization marked opposite to that of the AS/NZS part, but the
TOP power bar doesn't accomodate angled blades.

RL

Re: TOP brand power bars phase error

<prahuidpdps301qdrdseul8qv3mnhfh0nv@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=4792&group=sci.electronics.repair#4792

From: legg@nospam.magma.ca (legg)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.repair
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2024 13:00:04 -0500
 by: legg - Wed, 6 Mar 2024 18:00 UTC

On Tue, 05 Mar 2024 11:53:19 -0500, legg <legg@nospam.magma.ca> wrote:

>Last weekend, I found out that a TOP brand power bar on
>my bench had been configured with a switched live wire to the
>neutral pins of its outlets.
>
>This power bar has multi-style plug compatibility, with
>no UL or CSA safety markings. Will accept European, UK, US etc.
>
>Internally, the plastic extrusion/mold specifically identifies
>each location ( 'L' , 'N' ) with the reversed phasing.
>The phasing identity in the wire color coding was correct
>per IEC brown-live, blue-neutral, grn/yel-earth in the
>internal wiring and line cord.
>
>Is there a standard 3pin earthed wall plug (Euro UK Asia Oz
>SA Arg etc) where live/neutral is specified as reverse to the
>NA 120V 3pin orientation?
>
>NA regulation socket, outside view.
>
> N L

>TOP hardware socket, outside view.
>
> L N

I guess I've found the answer in wiring phase for the
BS1363 - a fairly common polarized and grounded socket
used around the British commonwealth.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Three_pin_mains_plug_(UK).svg

from

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AC_power_plugs_and_sockets:_British_and_related_types

This this illustrates a fused plug wiring with live wire corresponding
to the TOP hardware socket's orientation.
(The fuse is sized to protect the cord's wire guage.)

So - multisocket users beware, TOP hardware or otherwise -
a plug may fit, but the phasing may not follow.

RL

Re: TOP brand power bars phase error

<4963202139.cfc0ed43@uninhabited.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=4796&group=sci.electronics.repair#4796

From: roger@hayter.org (Roger Hayter)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.repair
Date: 6 Mar 2024 18:27:12 GMT
 by: Roger Hayter - Wed, 6 Mar 2024 18:27 UTC

On 6 Mar 2024 at 18:00:04 GMT, "legg" <legg@nospam.magma.ca> wrote:

> On Tue, 05 Mar 2024 11:53:19 -0500, legg <legg@nospam.magma.ca> wrote:
>
>> Last weekend, I found out that a TOP brand power bar on
>> my bench had been configured with a switched live wire to the
>> neutral pins of its outlets.
>>
>> This power bar has multi-style plug compatibility, with
>> no UL or CSA safety markings. Will accept European, UK, US etc.
>>
>> Internally, the plastic extrusion/mold specifically identifies
>> each location ( 'L' , 'N' ) with the reversed phasing.
>> The phasing identity in the wire color coding was correct
>> per IEC brown-live, blue-neutral, grn/yel-earth in the
>> internal wiring and line cord.
>>
>> Is there a standard 3pin earthed wall plug (Euro UK Asia Oz
>> SA Arg etc) where live/neutral is specified as reverse to the
>> NA 120V 3pin orientation?
>>
>> NA regulation socket, outside view.
>>
>> N L

>> TOP hardware socket, outside view.
>>
>> L N

> I guess I've found the answer in wiring phase for the
> BS1363 - a fairly common polarized and grounded socket
> used around the British commonwealth.
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Three_pin_mains_plug_(UK).svg
>
> from
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AC_power_plugs_and_sockets:_British_and_related_types
>
> This this illustrates a fused plug wiring with live wire corresponding
> to the TOP hardware socket's orientation.
> (The fuse is sized to protect the cord's wire guage.)
>
> So - multisocket users beware, TOP hardware or otherwise -
> a plug may fit, but the phasing may not follow.
>
> RL

That socket is pretty well universal on UK 240v equipment, and coincides with
your diagram. What are the kind of sockets that are actually wrongly
connected?

--
Roger Hayter

Re: TOP brand power bars phase error

<cmohuipvo23s1l52fa97knjvlqa9grcikl@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=4798&group=sci.electronics.repair#4798

From: legg@nospam.magma.ca (legg)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.repair
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2024 16:48:12 -0500
 by: legg - Wed, 6 Mar 2024 21:48 UTC

On 6 Mar 2024 18:27:12 GMT, Roger Hayter <roger@hayter.org> wrote:

>On 6 Mar 2024 at 18:00:04 GMT, "legg" <legg@nospam.magma.ca> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 05 Mar 2024 11:53:19 -0500, legg <legg@nospam.magma.ca> wrote:
>>
>>> Last weekend, I found out that a TOP brand power bar on
>>> my bench had been configured with a switched live wire to the
>>> neutral pins of its outlets.
>>>
>>> This power bar has multi-style plug compatibility, with
>>> no UL or CSA safety markings. Will accept European, UK, US etc.
>>>
>>> Internally, the plastic extrusion/mold specifically identifies
>>> each location ( 'L' , 'N' ) with the reversed phasing.
>>> The phasing identity in the wire color coding was correct
>>> per IEC brown-live, blue-neutral, grn/yel-earth in the
>>> internal wiring and line cord.
>>>
>>> Is there a standard 3pin earthed wall plug (Euro UK Asia Oz
>>> SA Arg etc) where live/neutral is specified as reverse to the
>>> NA 120V 3pin orientation?
>>>
>>> NA regulation socket, outside view.
>>>
>>> N L

>>> TOP hardware socket, outside view.
>>>
>>> L N

>> I guess I've found the answer in wiring phase for the
>> BS1363 - a fairly common polarized and grounded socket
>> used around the British commonwealth.
>>
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Three_pin_mains_plug_(UK).svg
>>
>> from
>>
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AC_power_plugs_and_sockets:_British_and_related_types
>>
>> This this illustrates a fused plug wiring with live wire corresponding
>> to the TOP hardware socket's orientation.
>> (The fuse is sized to protect the cord's wire guage.)
>>
>> So - multisocket users beware, TOP hardware or otherwise -
>> a plug may fit, but the phasing may not follow.
>>
>> RL
>
>That socket is pretty well universal on UK 240v equipment, and coincides with
>your diagram. What are the kind of sockets that are actually wrongly
>connected?

The LNE orientation of the UK standard (web link pohoto and TOP
sketch) is reverse that of the NA (sketch) standard NEMA 5-15.

Sockets of 'universal' nature don't take this into account.

RL

Re: TOP brand power bars phase error

<6954746542.f6613125@uninhabited.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=4804&group=sci.electronics.repair#4804

From: roger@hayter.org (Roger Hayter)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.repair
Date: 6 Mar 2024 23:59:07 GMT
 by: Roger Hayter - Wed, 6 Mar 2024 23:59 UTC

On 6 Mar 2024 at 21:48:12 GMT, "legg" <legg@nospam.magma.ca> wrote:

> On 6 Mar 2024 18:27:12 GMT, Roger Hayter <roger@hayter.org> wrote:

>>> I guess I've found the answer in wiring phase for the
>>> BS1363 - a fairly common polarized and grounded socket
>>> used around the British commonwealth.
>>>
>>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Three_pin_mains_plug_(UK).svg
>>>
>>> from
>>>
>>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AC_power_plugs_and_sockets:_British_and_related_types
>>>
>>> This this illustrates a fused plug wiring with live wire corresponding
>>> to the TOP hardware socket's orientation.
>>> (The fuse is sized to protect the cord's wire guage.)
>>>
>>> So - multisocket users beware, TOP hardware or otherwise -
>>> a plug may fit, but the phasing may not follow.
>>>
>>> RL
>>
>> That socket is pretty well universal on UK 240v equipment, and coincides with
>> your diagram. What are the kind of sockets that are actually wrongly
>> connected?
>
> The LNE orientation of the UK standard (web link pohoto and TOP
> sketch) is reverse that of the NA (sketch) standard NEMA 5-15.
>
> Sockets of 'universal' nature don't take this into account.
>
> RL

Could they not do so by putting the appropriate shaped earth pin on the
opposite side? Might have to be wider.

--
Roger Hayter

Re: TOP brand power bars phase error

<G$MzhSvzQoB@allinger-307049.user.uni-berlin>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=4805&group=sci.electronics.repair#4805

From: all2001@spambog.com (Wolfgang Allinger)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.repair
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2024 21:03:00 -0300
 by: Wolfgang Allinger - Thu, 7 Mar 2024 00:03 UTC

On 06 Mar 24 at group /sci/electronics/repair in article gesguit74rqiqbttmvej6gh6v927qdu697@4ax.com
<legg@nospam.magma.ca> (legg) wrote:

> The TOP hardware didn't address 60320 type plugs.

> I'm looking for polarization standards in female
> unshrouded sockets.

> The 60320 is associated with switches and fuses on
> both phases, so , polarized or not,

No!

Learn Electrotechnic and to quote.

EOD

Saludos (an alle Vernünftigen, Rest sh. sig)
Wolfgang

--
Ich bin in Paraguay lebender Trollallergiker :) reply Adresse gesetzt!
Ich diskutiere zukünftig weniger mit Idioten, denn sie ziehen mich auf
ihr Niveau herunter und schlagen mich dort mit ihrer Erfahrung! :p
(lt. alter usenet Weisheit) iPod, iPhone, iPad, iTunes, iRak, iDiot

Re: TOP brand power bars phase error

<1a8iui5ke2ovjfbd6201ib61s9v2krtu92@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=4806&group=sci.electronics.repair#4806

From: legg@nospam.magma.ca (legg)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.repair
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2024 21:07:20 -0500
 by: legg - Thu, 7 Mar 2024 02:07 UTC

On 6 Mar 2024 23:59:07 GMT, Roger Hayter <roger@hayter.org> wrote:

>On 6 Mar 2024 at 21:48:12 GMT, "legg" <legg@nospam.magma.ca> wrote:

>>> That socket is pretty well universal on UK 240v equipment, and coincides with
>>> your diagram. What are the kind of sockets that are actually wrongly
>>> connected?
>>
>> The LNE orientation of the UK standard (web link pohoto and TOP
>> sketch) is reverse that of the NA (sketch) standard NEMA 5-15.
>>
>> Sockets of 'universal' nature don't take this into account.
>>
>> RL
>
>Could they not do so by putting the appropriate shaped earth pin on the
>opposite side? Might have to be wider.

Woulda, shoulda . . . .

RL

Re: TOP brand power bars phase error

<5c8iui58fjds1isls4ohpcnp5d7dt20gjo@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=4807&group=sci.electronics.repair#4807

From: legg@nospam.magma.ca (legg)
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.repair
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2024 21:10:25 -0500
 by: legg - Thu, 7 Mar 2024 02:10 UTC

On 6 Mar 2024 23:59:07 GMT, Roger Hayter <roger@hayter.org> wrote:

>On 6 Mar 2024 at 21:48:12 GMT, "legg" <legg@nospam.magma.ca> wrote:

>>> That socket is pretty well universal on UK 240v equipment, and coincides with
>>> your diagram. What are the kind of sockets that are actually wrongly
>>> connected?
>>
>> The LNE orientation of the UK standard (web link pohoto and TOP
>> sketch) is reverse that of the NA (sketch) standard NEMA 5-15.
>>
>> Sockets of 'universal' nature don't take this into account.
>>
>> RL
>
>Could they not do so by putting the appropriate shaped earth pin on the
>opposite side? Might have to be wider.

It would make sense if the socket phasing was the same as the
plug on the cord supplying the power bar. TOP didn't do that.

RL