From: snidely.too@gmail.com (Snidely)
Newsgroups: sci.space.policy
Subject: Richard Truly , pilot, astronaut, administrator
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2024 01:29:50 -0800
 by: Snidely - Tue, 5 Mar 2024 09:29 UTC

Richard Truly died February 27, 2024. He had served in the Navy,
including a period as an MOL astronaut, then joined the NASA astronaut
corps and was capcom for Skylab and Apollo-Soyuz.

He was pilot of Enterprise, and pilot and commander of Columbia,
overswa the return to flight after Challenger's demise, and was the 8th
NASA Administrator.

After NASA, he was VP and Director of the Georgia Tech Research
Institure, and Director of the National Renewable Energy Lab, among
other positions.

More about his life at
<URL:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_H._Truly>
and a NASA rememberance at
<URL:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJbH93wG19c>

/dps

--
And the Raiders and the Broncos have life now in the West. I thought
they were both nearly dead if not quite really most sincerely dead. --