From: runningman@writeable.com (The Running Man)
Newsgroups: sci.space.policy
Subject: Disqus on SpaceNews
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2024 17:50:26 -0000 (UTC)
 by: The Running Man - Tue, 5 Mar 2024 17:50 UTC

So is everyone turning off Disqus commenting these days? I've noticed that SpaceNews doesn't allow visitors to comment on stories anymore. I think that's sad. SpaceNews was one of the few places where knowledgeable individuals could discuss space-related matters.

Was Disqus hiking their moderation fees? Or are they cobbling up something together themselves? Or were advertisers sick of commentators disparaging their business?

The Space Review too seems to have turned off comments.

Re: Disqus on SpaceNews

<mn.34407e83042569db.127094@snitoo>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=5114&group=sci.space.policy#5114

From: snidely.too@gmail.com (Snidely)
Newsgroups: sci.space.policy
Subject: Re: Disqus on SpaceNews
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2024 18:08:27 -0800
 by: Snidely - Thu, 7 Mar 2024 02:08 UTC

Remember Tuesday, when The Running Man asked plaintively:
> So is everyone turning off Disqus commenting these days? I've noticed that
> SpaceNews doesn't allow visitors to comment on stories anymore. I think
> that's sad. SpaceNews was one of the few places where knowledgeable
> individuals could discuss space-related matters.
>
> Was Disqus hiking their moderation fees? Or are they cobbling up something
> together themselves? Or were advertisers sick of commentators disparaging
> their business?
>
> The Space Review too seems to have turned off comments.

Can't help you. I post a few comments on ootoob streams, but otherwise
I'm using here for discussion.

I wonder if Henry of utzoo is still posting somewhere; he's one of the
savants who fled when the flames were getting into everything.

/dps

--
"That's a good sort of hectic, innit?"

" Very much so, and I'd recommend the haggis wontons."
-njm

Re: Disqus on SpaceNews

<usbaa8$rjgm$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=5115&group=sci.space.policy#5115

From: alain245@videotron.ca (Alain Fournier)
Newsgroups: sci.space.policy
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2024 21:55:03 -0500
 by: Alain Fournier - Thu, 7 Mar 2024 02:55 UTC

On 2024-03-06 9:08 p.m., Snidely wrote:
> Remember  Tuesday, when  The Running Man asked plaintively:
>> So is everyone turning off Disqus commenting these days? I've noticed
>> that SpaceNews doesn't allow visitors to comment on stories anymore. I
>> think that's sad. SpaceNews was one of the few places where
>> knowledgeable individuals could discuss space-related matters.
>> Was Disqus hiking their moderation fees? Or are they cobbling up
>> something together themselves? Or were advertisers sick of
>> commentators disparaging their business?
>>
>> The Space Review too seems to have turned off comments.
>
> Can't help you.  I post a few comments on ootoob streams, but otherwise
> I'm using here for discussion.
>
> I wonder if Henry of utzoo is still posting somewhere; he's one of the
> savants who fled when the flames were getting into everything.
>
> /dps

Henry posts sometimes on
arocket@freelists.org

Alain Fournier