You canna change the laws of physics, Captain; I've got to have thirty minutes!

tech / alt.astronomy / Re: Moon crash site found! -- into critical thinking

SubjectAuthor
* Moon crash site found! NASA orbiter spots grave of private Japanesea425couple
`* Moon crash site found! NASA orbiter spots grave of private Japanese lander (photJim Wilkins
 `* Moon crash site found! NASA orbiter spots grave of privatea425couple
  `* Moon crash site found! NASA orbiter spots grave of private Japanese lander (photJim Wilkins
   `* Moon crash site found! NASA orbiter spots grave of privatea425couple
    `* Moon crash site found! NASA orbiter spots grave of private Japanese lander (photJim Wilkins
     `* Moon crash site found! NASA orbiter spots grave of privateWhisper
      `* Moon crash site found! NASA orbiter spots grave of private Japanese lander (photJim Wilkins
       `* Moon crash site found! -- into critical thinkinga425couple
        `- Moon crash site found! -- into critical thinkingJim Wilkins

1
Moon crash site found! NASA orbiter spots grave of private Japanese lander (photos)

<3nqbM.436991$qjm2.39565@fx09.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=5216&group=alt.astronomy#5216

Newsgroups: alt.astronomy,rec.aviation.military
From: a425couple@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Subject: Moon crash site found! NASA orbiter spots grave of private Japanese
lander (photos)
Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 08:50:24 -0700
 by: a425couple - Wed, 24 May 2023 15:50 UTC

Go to the citation for the before and after crash site photos.

from
https://www.space.com/japan-hakuto-r-moon-lander-crash-site-found

Moon crash site found! NASA orbiter spots grave of private Japanese
lander (photos)
By Andrew Jones published about 19 hours ago
Images from the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter appear to show separate
chunks of debris.

Comments (0)
Close-up of part of the moon's gray, cratered surface captured by NASA's
Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter.

The Hakuto-R private Japanese moon lander’s impact site, as seen by
NASA's Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter on April 26, 2023, the day after the
attempted touchdown. (Image credit: NASA/GSFC/Arizona State University)
A NASA lunar orbiter has spotted the final resting place of a private
Japanese moon lander that failed in its touchdown attempt last month.

The Hakuto-R lander, also carrying a small rover for the United Arab
Emirates, made its landing attempt on April 25, aiming to set down in
Atlas Crater. However, communications with the lander were lost moments
before the expected landing. The ispace team behind the lander later
confirmed that the lander did not safely touch down on the surface.

Now the site of the apparent crash has been discovered in images taken
by the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter (LRO).

Related: Private Japanese lander sets distance record on its way to the moon

GIF showing before-and-after views of the same gray patch of the moon's
surface, with slight changes showing where Japan's private Hakuto-R
lander crashed.

Before and after comparison of the impact site of the private Japanese
Hakuto-R moon lander, which attempted to touch down on April 25, 2023.
Arrow A points to a prominent surface change with higher reflectance in
the upper left and lower reflectance in the lower right (opposite of
nearby surface rocks along the right side of the frame). Arrows B-D
point to other changes around the impact site. (Image credit:
NASA/GSFC/Arizona State University)
On April 26, LRO acquired 10 images around the landing site with its
Narrow Angle Cameras (NACs), and the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter Camera
(LROC) science team set about searching for the lost lander.

Images published by the LROC team on Tuesday (May 23) show at least four
prominent pieces of debris and several small changes on the lunar
surface at 47.581 degrees north latitude and 44.094 degrees east
longitude, according to a team statement.

"The central feature in the image above shows several bright pixels in
the upper left and several dark pixels in the lower right. This is the
opposite of nearby boulders, suggesting this could be a small crater or
different parts of the lander body," the statement reads.

"This site will be analyzed more over the coming months as LROC has the
opportunity to reimage the site under various lighting and viewing
geometries."

Lunar Earthrise is captured by the ispace Hakuto-R mission during the
solar eclipse of April 20.

RELATED STORIES:
— Amazing moon photos from NASA's Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter

 —  Private Japanese moon lander reaches lunar orbit

— Every mission to the moon

LRO has also imaged the sites of earlier failed landing attempts,
including the 2019 try by the Israeli Beresheet spacecraft.

If successful, Tokyo-based company ispace's Hakuto-R would have become
the first private spacecraft, and the first Japanese-built vehicle, to
land softly on the moon.

Despite the failure, ispace is already working to get back to the moon
and stick the landing. The company is working on its second and third
moon missions, targeting launches in 2024 and 2025, respectively.

Join our Space Forums to keep talking space on the latest missions,
night sky and more! And if you have a news tip, correction or comment,
let us know at: community@space.com.

Re: Moon crash site found! NASA orbiter spots grave of private Japanese lander (photos)

<u4ldvu$30vke$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=5217&group=alt.astronomy#5217

From: muratlanne@gmail.com (Jim Wilkins)
Newsgroups: alt.astronomy,rec.aviation.military
Subject: Re: Moon crash site found! NASA orbiter spots grave of private Japanese lander (photos)
Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 12:28:43 -0400
 by: Jim Wilkins - Wed, 24 May 2023 16:28 UTC

Do you know if the crash site of Luna 15 has been found? It was a Soviet
unmanned lander meant to steal the glory of the US moon landing, but instead
it failed and was kept secret from the public, though not from NASA and
radio telescope operators.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luna_15

Re: Moon crash site found! NASA orbiter spots grave of private Japanese lander (photos)

<yUsbM.3209712$iS99.1491496@fx16.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=5218&group=alt.astronomy#5218

Subject: Re: Moon crash site found! NASA orbiter spots grave of private
Japanese lander (photos)
Newsgroups: alt.astronomy,rec.aviation.military
From: a425couple@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 11:42:39 -0700
 by: a425couple - Wed, 24 May 2023 18:42 UTC

On 5/24/23 09:28, Jim Wilkins wrote:
> Do you know if the crash site of Luna 15 has been found? It was a Soviet
> unmanned lander meant to steal the glory of the US moon landing, but
> instead it failed and was kept secret from the public, though not from
> NASA and radio telescope operators.
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luna_15

Interesting.

I also note,
"The simultaneous missions became one of the first instances of
Soviet–American space communication: the Soviet Union released Luna 15's
flight plan to ensure it would not collide with Apollo 11, although its
exact mission was not publicized."

Re: Moon crash site found! NASA orbiter spots grave of private Japanese lander (photos)

<u4m17o$33o87$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=5219&group=alt.astronomy#5219

From: muratlanne@gmail.com (Jim Wilkins)
Newsgroups: alt.astronomy,rec.aviation.military
Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 17:57:10 -0400
 by: Jim Wilkins - Wed, 24 May 2023 21:57 UTC

"a425couple" wrote in message news:yUsbM.3209712$iS99.1491496@fx16.iad...

On 5/24/23 09:28, Jim Wilkins wrote:
> Do you know if the crash site of Luna 15 has been found? It was a Soviet
> unmanned lander meant to steal the glory of the US moon landing, but
> instead it failed and was kept secret from the public, though not from
> NASA and radio telescope operators.
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luna_15

Interesting.

I also note,
"The simultaneous missions became one of the first instances of
Soviet–American space communication: the Soviet Union released Luna 15's
flight plan to ensure it would not collide with Apollo 11, although its
exact mission was not publicized."

------------------------

Yet idiots still deny we went there.

Re: Moon crash site found! NASA orbiter spots grave of private Japanese lander (photos)

<VAwbM.3435175$9sn9.41396@fx17.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=5220&group=alt.astronomy#5220

Japanese lander (photos)
Newsgroups: alt.astronomy,rec.aviation.military
From: a425couple@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 15:54:46 -0700
 by: a425couple - Wed, 24 May 2023 22:54 UTC

On 5/24/23 14:57, Jim Wilkins wrote:
> "a425couple"  wrote in message news:yUsbM.3209712$iS99.1491496@fx16.iad...
>
> On 5/24/23 09:28, Jim Wilkins wrote:
>> Do you know if the crash site of Luna 15 has been found? It was a
>> Soviet unmanned lander meant to steal the glory of the US moon
>> landing, but instead it failed and was kept secret from the public,
>> though not from NASA and radio telescope operators.
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luna_15
>>

> Interesting.
>
> I also note,
> "The simultaneous missions became one of the first instances of
> Soviet–American space communication: the Soviet Union released Luna 15's
> flight plan to ensure it would not collide with Apollo 11, although its
> exact mission was not publicized."
>
> ------------------------
>
> Yet idiots still deny we went there.

-------------
Yes,,, but it seems to me they are less, and certainly less
vocal about it.

So we have the telescope pictures of the various Apollo
landing sites, with the lander base, astronaut footprints
and lunar rover tire tracks all around, I think most
people believe.

Re: Moon crash site found! NASA orbiter spots grave of private Japanese lander (photos)

<u4nhgs$3fd9p$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=5221&group=alt.astronomy#5221

From: muratlanne@gmail.com (Jim Wilkins)
Newsgroups: alt.astronomy,rec.aviation.military
Date: Thu, 25 May 2023 07:41:14 -0400
 by: Jim Wilkins - Thu, 25 May 2023 11:41 UTC

-------------
Yes,,, but it seems to me they are less, and certainly less
vocal about it.

So we have the telescope pictures of the various Apollo
landing sites, with the lander base, astronaut footprints
and lunar rover tire tracks all around, I think most
people believe.

-------------------------

I study accident reports to learn the strict logic of the professional
investigators, and the motivation of the usually illogical deniers. In some
cases there is reasonable cause for doubt, for example a Coke bottle that
Zapruder's secretary saw fall and break on the Grassy Knoll caused a loud
bang and vapor cloud that could be mistaken for gunfire, if you thought
smokeless powder makes smoke, also the recoil of JFK's head away from the
internal pressure that exploded it and the rearward spurt of blood as the
entry wound channel snapped shut (like dropping a pebble into a puddle)
could be mistaken as evidence of a shot from ahead. Connally was on a jump
seat inboard of JFK, not directly ahead of him, so the "magic" bullet's path
was straight. Connally himself misjudged the shot timing, as evidenced by
the disturbance to his coat collar at Zapruder frame 224, and many hunters
have proven that Oswald had enough time for 3 aimed shots even if lawyers
couldn't do it. The black umbrella man was protesting JFK's fathers' support
of Chamberlain.

Few people have the hands-on welding or blacksmithing experience to know how
soft and weak red-hot steel is and might believe it had to melt for the WTC
to collapse. That led to the bogus thermite theories, since a normal fire is
1000 degrees too cool to melt steel. I've straightened a truck coil spring
by hand after heating it to 700 degrees below melting in a forge fire. You
can see for yourself by heating a straightened paper clip red hot over a
candle.

But one don't stand out by agreeing.

Re: Moon crash site found! NASA orbiter spots grave of private Japanese lander (photos)

<646f7877$1@news.ausics.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=5222&group=alt.astronomy#5222

Date: Fri, 26 May 2023 01:02:16 +1000
Japanese lander (photos)
Newsgroups: alt.astronomy,rec.aviation.military
From: whisper@ozemail.com.au (Whisper)
 by: Whisper - Thu, 25 May 2023 15:02 UTC

On 25/05/2023 9:41 pm, Jim Wilkins wrote:
> "a425couple"  wrote in message news:VAwbM.3435175$9sn9.41396@fx17.iad...
>
> On 5/24/23 14:57, Jim Wilkins wrote:
>

>> Yet idiots still deny we went there [moon].
>>
> -------------
> Yes,,, but it seems to me they are less, and certainly less
> vocal about it.
>
> So we have the telescope pictures of the various Apollo
> landing sites, with the lander base, astronaut footprints
> and lunar rover tire tracks all around, I think most
> people believe.

You need to accept that most people are very simple and stupid.

Re: Moon crash site found! NASA orbiter spots grave of private Japanese lander (photos)

<u4o31u$3j63f$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=5223&group=alt.astronomy#5223

From: muratlanne@gmail.com (Jim Wilkins)
Newsgroups: alt.astronomy,rec.aviation.military
Date: Thu, 25 May 2023 12:40:28 -0400
 by: Jim Wilkins - Thu, 25 May 2023 16:40 UTC

"Whisper" wrote in message news:646f7877$1@news.ausics.net...

On 25/05/2023 9:41 pm, Jim Wilkins wrote:
> "a425couple" wrote in message news:VAwbM.3435175$9sn9.41396@fx17.iad...
>
> On 5/24/23 14:57, Jim Wilkins wrote:
>

>> Yet idiots still deny we went there [moon].
>>
> -------------
> Yes,,, but it seems to me they are less, and certainly less
> vocal about it.
>
> So we have the telescope pictures of the various Apollo
> landing sites, with the lander base, astronaut footprints
> and lunar rover tire tracks all around, I think most
> people believe.

You need to accept that most people are very simple and stupid.

--------------------------

I would be more charitable and say they aren't trained in critical thinking,
such as distinguishing cause from effect (chicken/egg). By third grade I
noticed the teachers closely followed their scripts and couldn't handle
deviations from it, such as my questions. The science teachers taught us to
think for ourselves, most of the liberal arts ones had us memorize accepted
dogma. Fortunately I has excellent, open-minded high school history teachers
including the one Christa McAuliffe replaced. They taught me much of what I
post here.

Elon Musk's Twitter page calls out CNN's horror at uncontrolled free speech
and thought:

CNN: "Twitter, which once offered a platform for democratic movements in the
Arab Spring, has been transformed by its new owner into a febrile circus of
untamed free speech, conspiracy theories and unverifiable information."

Just like real life.

Re: Moon crash site found! -- into critical thinking

<hjMbM.2131454$MVg8.2059816@fx12.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=5224&group=alt.astronomy#5224

Subject: Re: Moon crash site found! -- into critical thinking
Newsgroups: alt.astronomy,rec.aviation.military
From: a425couple@hotmail.com (a425couple)
Date: Thu, 25 May 2023 09:48:13 -0700
 by: a425couple - Thu, 25 May 2023 16:48 UTC

On 5/25/23 09:40, Jim Wilkins wrote:
> "Whisper"  wrote in message news:646f7877$1@news.ausics.net...
>
> On 25/05/2023 9:41 pm, Jim Wilkins wrote:
>> "a425couple"  wrote in message news:VAwbM.3435175$9sn9.41396@fx17.iad...
>>
>> On 5/24/23 14:57, Jim Wilkins wrote:
>>

>>> Yet idiots still deny we went there [moon].
>>>
>> -------------
>> Yes,,, but it seems to me they are less, and certainly less
>> vocal about it.
>>
>> So we have the telescope pictures of the various Apollo
>> landing sites, with the lander base, astronaut footprints
>> and lunar rover tire tracks all around, I think most
>> people believe.
>>

> You need to accept that most people are very simple and stupid.
>
> --------------------------
>
> I would be more charitable and say they aren't trained in critical
> thinking, such as distinguishing cause from effect (chicken/egg). By
> third grade I noticed the teachers closely followed their scripts and
> couldn't handle deviations from it, such as my questions. The science
> teachers taught us to think for ourselves, most of the liberal arts ones
> had us memorize accepted dogma. Fortunately I has excellent, open-minded
> high school history teachers including the one Christa McAuliffe
> replaced. They taught me much of what I post here.
>
> Elon Musk's Twitter page calls out CNN's horror at uncontrolled free
> speech and thought:
>
> CNN: "Twitter, which once offered a platform for democratic movements in
> the Arab Spring, has been transformed by its new owner into a febrile
> circus of untamed free speech, conspiracy theories and unverifiable
> information."
>
> Just like real life.

Have you read "Loserthink, How untrained brains are ruining America"
by Scott Adams ?

more at
https://www.amazon.com/Loserthink-Untrained-Brains-Ruining-America/dp/0593083520

read it at a library or get it delivered to your door for $6.10.

Re: Moon crash site found! -- into critical thinking

<u4om68$3mie5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=5225&group=alt.astronomy#5225

From: muratlanne@gmail.com (Jim Wilkins)
Newsgroups: alt.astronomy,rec.aviation.military
Date: Thu, 25 May 2023 18:07:02 -0400
 by: Jim Wilkins - Thu, 25 May 2023 22:07 UTC

"a425couple" wrote in message news:hjMbM.2131454$MVg8.2059816@fx12.iad...

Have you read "Loserthink, How untrained brains are ruining America"
by Scott Adams ?

more at
https://www.amazon.com/Loserthink-Untrained-Brains-Ruining-America/dp/0593083520

read it at a library or get it delivered to your door for $6.10.

Thanks.

Have you seen this?
https://babylonbee.com/

It's a modern version of Mad Magazine that roasts absurdities with humor.
The leftist version which I also read is The Onion, but they are more bitter
and hateful than funny.
https://www.theonion.com/