From: MrPostingRobot@kymhorsell.com
Newsgroups: alt.ufo.reports,alt.astronomy
Subject: new DoD UFO report finally lands
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2023 07:43:36 +1100
 by: MrPostingRobot@kymhorsell.com - Thu, 12 Jan 2023 20:43 UTC

"Now we gots all deze new reliable reports we kin START to do some analysis!"

<https://thedebrief.org/new-govt-uap-report-outlines-the-dods-latest-investigations-into-unidentified-anomalous-phenomena/>

New Government UAP Report Outlines the DOD's Latest Investigations Into
`Unidentified Anomalous Phenomena'

Micah Hanks

A newly released govt UAP report details the latest findings in
the Defense Dept's ongoing investigations into aerial incursions
within military airspace, and other incidents involving objects the DOD
now calls "unidentified anomalous phenomena."

Although several weeks late on arrival, the report presents the latest
findings on the efforts of the All-domain Anomaly Resolution Office
(AARO), which the document characterizes as "the DoD focal point for UAP."

According to the new assessment, 247 new reports, as well as 119 "that
were either since discovered or reported after the preliminary
assessment's time period," have been accumulated since the publication
of the last report on UAP issued by the ODNI in June 2021, spanning a
17 year period.

"This totals 510 UAP reports as of 30 August 2022," the report's
authors state. "Additional information is provided in the classified
version of this report." Most of the new reporting "originates from
US Navy and US Air Force aviators and operators who witnessed UAP
during the course of their operational duties," the report adds.

"AARO and ODNI assess that the observed increase in the UAP reporting
rate is partially due to a better understanding of the possible threats
that UAP may represent," the report states, "either as safety of flight
hazards or as potential adversary collection platforms, and partially
due to reduced stigma surrounding UAP reporting."

New to the DOD's assessment of concerns related to UAP is what the new
report characterizes as potential "health implications" related to the
phenomenon, although noting that presently, there are "no encounters
with UAP confirmed to contribute directly to adverse health-related
effects to the observer(s)."

"There is no single explanation that addresses the majority of UAP
reports," said Dept of Defense spokesperson Sue Gough in a
statement provided to The Debrief in response to queries about the
report and the DOD's position on current findings related to US
govt UAP investigations.

"Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood.
Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less."
- Marie Curie

Section 8. Unidentified Flying Object (UFO) Reports
Persons wanting to report UFO/unexplained phenomena activity
should contact a ... data collection center, such as the National UFO
Reporting Center, etc.
-- www.faa.gov, as at 30 Nov 2022

[Colonisers:]
The most extreme life-forms in the universe
New Scientist, 26 June 2008
There's hardly a niche on Earth that hasn't been colonised. Life can be
found in scalding, acidic hot pools, in the driest deserts, and in ...
[Interestingly, if life is *not* found in the warm salty sub-surface
oceans of some of our system's moons it gives more weight to the idea
that life could not have formed spontaneously on Earth but came from
"outside" e.g. via meteorites aka Panspermia].

Life at the hydrothermal vents
But around hydrothermal vents, life is abundant because food is abundant.
Hot, mineral-rich fluids supply nutrient chemicals. Microbes, some of which
eat these chemicals, form the base of the food chain for a diverse community
of organisms.
-- www.amnh.org

Bacteria at Hydrothermal Vents
Bacteria at hydrothermal vents inhabit almost everything: rocks, the
seafloor, even the inside of animals like mussels. All are living under
extreme pressure and temperature changes. Perhaps the oddest and toughest
bacteria at vents are the heat-loving 'thermophiles.
-- divediscover.whoi.edu

Questions remain 75 years after mysterious Fort Knox UFO incident,
downed pilot
The News-Enterprise, 10 Jan 2023 05:57Z
His 2,867 flight hours, much of it in combat, and Distinguished Flying
Cross and 4 Air Medals weren't enough to avoid a ...
[It was probably a Chinese drone!]

I'm an air traffic controller - I saw fighter jets intercept
10,000mph UFOs & I even managed to communicate with them
The Sun, 07 Jan 2023 10:08Z
SITTING in his control tower, Sergio Mota spotted a light on the
horizon but there were no planes scheduled to land at that ...

Russia Claims To Have Shot Down A UFO
www.outkick.com, 06 Jan 2023 16:50Z
Rostov oblast governor Vasily Golubev wrote on Telegram that the UFO
was a "small-size object in the shape of a ball" and was flying roughly
a mile and a half high on Jan 3. When the object was spotted over
Sultan Saly, a decision was made to shoot it down, according to the
same Newsweek report.

Secrets Of The UFOs: Australian military witnesses to UFOs speak out
7news/Spotlight, 20 Nov 2021 04:16Z
"I went to the communications centre and checked if there was any comms'
with aircraft or passing ships. There was nothing ...
[I watched the news special. Mostly a repeat of material used in
previous programs.
One new case came to light involving AUS Navy. Supposedly RAN
personnel regularly "see things" off the AUS coast. One witness
related a "light" that hovered and zig-zagged away after appearing
somewhere off Cairns.
The program went again through the Westall HS sighting in the 60s.
Mostly old information and old footage from same witnesses. New claims
that a report had been written but has become "lost" despite 30y
release rule. Other UFO reports are in National Archives. Not Westall case.
New witnesses claim they were silenced by US military people. Then 12
yo related she was told she must be silent forever about the incident
but was now breaking her silence.
She was told it was a "very special balloon" they had seen. Yet at same
time it was also "a matter of national importance". Not clear if they
meant AUS or US importance.
Other witnesses related there were 1 upto 5 objects involved. Some
describe disk. Science teacher -- who also claims he was threatened
by combination AUS and US military -- describes cigar.
Witnesses vary in whether or not anything landed. Some saw no
landings. Some say one. Some say more.
Program said Fire Brigade and Police attended the sighting. But also
within short time of reporting incident the AUS Army and RAAF turned
up with radiation and metal-detecting equipment and started digging in
the area.
One witness claims several light aircraft chased after the one or more
objects seen].

tech / alt.astronomy / new DoD UFO report finally lands