From: space@balls.invalid (Space Balls)
Newsgroups: alt.uk.misc.flat-earth,sci.astro,alt.astronomy
Subject: High Altitude Footage Proves Earth is Flat and Not a Globe -
YouTube Video
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2024 11:18:14 -0600
 by: Space Balls - Thu, 22 Feb 2024 17:18 UTC

High Altitude Footage Proves Earth is Flat and Not a Globe
https://youtu.be/8jyURPh1gIM

Get ready for cognitive dissonance, boys and girls. See how real
scientific modeling works versus the heliononsensical propaganda from
NASA the fake space agency. This video destroys the globe model and
proves once and for all that the earth is flat.

The earth is not a ball spinning in a infinite vacuum. The earth is a
apparently unbounded, flat and level plane with no apparent edge, as
the horizon always rises to meet eye level.

On a globe the horizon would fall away from view with increase in
altitude, a thing that has never been observed in all of human history.
This suggests that the earth extends as far as the distance that
visible sunlight can travel, which at a minimum is hundreds of
thousands of miles according to current understandings of light waves.

The fact that the horizon always rises to eye level rather than falling
away suggests the possibility that the earth's surface extends to
infinity or at least some vast distance far beyond 25,000 miles in all
horizontal directions.

Re: High Altitude Footage Proves Earth is Flat and Not a Globe - YouTube Video

<ur9l9k$egr9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=5959&group=alt.astronomy#5959

From: daniel47@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: sci.astro,alt.astronomy
YouTube Video
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2024 19:33:55 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Fri, 23 Feb 2024 08:33 UTC

(Non-existant alt.uk.misc.flat-earth removed from postings groups!!)

Space Balls wrote on 23/2/24 4:18 am:
> High Altitude Footage Proves Earth is Flat and Not a Globe
> https://youtu.be/8jyURPh1gIM
>
> Get ready for cognitive dissonance, boys and girls. See how real
> scientific modeling works versus the heliononsensical propaganda
> from NASA the fake space agency. This video destroys the globe model
> and proves once and for all that the earth is flat.
>
> The earth is not a ball spinning in a infinite vacuum. The earth is
> a apparently unbounded, flat and level plane with no apparent edge,
> as the horizon always rises to meet eye level.
>
> On a globe the horizon would fall away from view with increase in
> altitude,

Just as it does!! Your speculation, taken to the infinite, would mean
that, if you were at a reasonable height, you would see a smaller and
smaller distance around the Earth.

At Sea Level,apparently, we can see approx 20km in every direction
(given clear horizons). If we were to rise above Sea Level, we can 'see'
further and further until, at some point, we could see one whole
hemisphere of The Earth!

> a thing that has never been observed in all of human history. This
> suggests that the earth extends as far as the distance that visible
> sunlight can travel,

Gee Whiz!! The Sun must 'travel' a humungous distance each and every day!!

> which at a minimum is hundreds of thousands of miles according to
> current understandings of light waves.

Golly Golly Gosh!! How does the Sunlight make it (at least) 150 Million
KM to reach Earth??

> The fact that the horizon always rises to eye level rather than
> falling away suggests the possibility that the earth's surface
> extends to infinity or at least some vast distance far beyond 25,000
> miles in all horizontal directions.

No, it doesn't .... at least to any *SENSIBLE* person!!
--
Daniel

Re: High Altitude Footage Proves Earth is Flat and Not a Globe - YouTube Video

<uhucnX3FN6N-eUX4nZ2dnZfqnPqdnZ2d@supernews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=5960&group=alt.astronomy#5960

From: none@none.none (Tyrone)
Newsgroups: alt.astronomy
Subject: Re: High Altitude Footage Proves Earth is Flat and Not a Globe - YouTube Video
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2024 18:33:07 +0000
 by: Tyrone - Fri, 23 Feb 2024 18:33 UTC

On Feb 22, 2024 at 12:18:14 PM EST, "Space Balls" <space@balls.invalid> wrote:

> High Altitude Footage Proves Earth is Flat and Not a Globe
> https://youtu.be/8jyURPh1gIM

What a joke. I just love people who try to prove science with cartoons.

The video near the middle of this YouTube joke is obviously doctored, that
black across the top does not look real at all.

Then the "actual proof" is near the end of this comedy video, with a camera
zoomed in so close on a very narrow field of view. Which at the end of the
video also has the "space ship" conveniently covering 1/3 of the view. Again,
looking at VERY narrow section of earth. Not to mention there is a fake,
straight white line added at the horizon. If you look below the fake white
line on the left, you CAN SEE THE EARTH CURVATURE, just before the ship is
conveniently in the way.

Given a proper camera with a great lens, I can zoom in like that on a
basketball and "prove" that it is flat. You flat Earth goofballs are
priceless.