Make it myself? But I'm a physical organic chemist!

tech / alt.astronomy / Re: 'Monumental' experiment suggests how life on Earth may have started

SubjectAuthor
* Re: 'Monumental' experiment suggests how life on Earth may have startedkymhorsell
+* Re: 'Monumental' experiment suggests how life on Earth may have startedSiri Cruise
|+* Re: 'Monumental' experiment suggests how life on Earth may have startedMalte Runz
||`- Re: 'Monumental' experiment suggests how life on Earth may have startedSkeeter
|+* Re: 'Monumental' experiment suggests how life on Earth may have startedJust Wondering
||`- Re: 'Monumental' experiment suggests how life on Earth may have startedDaniel65
|`* Re: 'Monumental' experiment suggests how life on Earth may have startedR Kym Horsell
| `* Re: 'Monumental' experiment suggests how life on Earth may have startedMalte Runz
|  +* Re: 'Monumental' experiment suggests how life on Earth may have startedSiri Cruise
|  |`- Re: 'Monumental' experiment suggests how life on Earth may have startedR Kym Horsell
|  +* Re: 'Monumental' experiment suggests how life on Earth may have startedR Kym Horsell
|  |`- Re: 'Monumental' experiment suggests how life on Earth may have startedMalte Runz
|  +- Re: 'Monumental' experiment suggests how life on Earth may have startedDaniel65
|  `- Re: 'Monumental' experiment suggests how life on Earth may have startedKualinar
+- Re: 'Monumental' experiment suggests how life on Earth may have startedKualinar
`- Re: 'Monumental' experiment suggests how life on Earth may have startedMalte Runz

1
Re: 'Monumental' experiment suggests how life on Earth may have started

<usmb35$2n5v$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=5970&group=alt.astronomy#5970

From: kymhorsell@gmail.com
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.society.liberalism,alt.atheism,alt.astronomy,alt.politics.democrats.d,talk.politics.guns
Subject: Re: 'Monumental' experiment suggests how life on Earth may have started
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2024 07:15:49 -0000 (UTC)
Sender: R Kym Horsell <kym@otaku.sdf.org>
sha1:33cQigD0meJJZHCliR/HdWYUKk4= sha256:DIpBK++HLbHqeZMjM0Rg/48iK6Du5hvMrNGWfa5cP3s=
 by: kymhorsell@gmail.com - Mon, 11 Mar 2024 07:15 UTC

In alt.astronomy Jon Brady <jbrady@amazon.com> wrote:
> Michael A Terrell <mike.am.surreal@earthlink.nut> wrote in
>> On 3/9/2024 1:11 PM, Skeeter-Shit Jack-Off Shit-4-Braincell, convicted
>> child molester and another fucking do-nothing, lied:
>>> In article <XK3HN.59087$zF_1.34615@fx18.iad>, max.boot@lathymes.com
>>> says...
>>> Where did the RNA come from?
>> Random mixing of molecules.
> Who created the molecules so they could do that, Rudy?

In number theory there is the idea of "normal" numbers.
These number have a special kind of randomness.
They contain every possible sequence of digits in them.
You can easily figure out how to build a normal number.
Basically if N is a normal number containing every possible combination of n
digits then the normal number N || 0 || N || 1 || N || 2 || ... || 9
-- where "||" means concatenate -- is a number number with every combiantion of n+1
digits.

Now this sounds all vrey boring until you understand that numbers are codes
and a normal number contains all kinds of code messages. Every code message, in fact.
In a number number somehere -- understanding the digits as codes for letters and punctuation --
you must have a copy of the bible, of every play by Wm Shksp and every possible version of
Hamlet including one with no spelin or puch-itation errors.

There is also every version of Chat GPT and skynet in there.

Now who created these normal numbers that contain all possible universes coded up?

The moral of the story -- the laws of physics are just another kind of normal number.

Re: 'Monumental' experiment suggests how life on Earth may have started

<usms94$3jkf6$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=5974&group=alt.astronomy#5974

From: chine.bleu@www.yahoo.com (Siri Cruise)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.society.liberalism,alt.atheism,alt.astronomy,alt.politics.democrats.d,talk.politics.guns
Subject: Re: 'Monumental' experiment suggests how life on Earth may have
started
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2024 05:09:09 -0700
 by: Siri Cruise - Mon, 11 Mar 2024 12:09 UTC

Where's pi?

--
Siri Seal of Disavowal #000-001. Disavowed. Denied. @
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\

Re: 'Monumental' experiment suggests how life on Earth may have started

<usn0ik$3k7a0$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=5979&group=alt.astronomy#5979

From: kuakinar@videotron.ca (Kualinar)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.society.liberalism,alt.atheism,alt.astronomy,alt.politics.democrats.d,talk.politics.guns
started
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2024 09:22:27 -0400
 by: Kualinar - Mon, 11 Mar 2024 13:22 UTC

Le 2024-03-11 à 03:15, kymhorsell@gmail.com a écrit :
> In alt.astronomy Jon Brady <jbrady@amazon.com> wrote:
>> Michael A Terrell <mike.am.surreal@earthlink.nut> wrote in
>>> On 3/9/2024 1:11 PM, Skeeter-Shit Jack-Off Shit-4-Braincell, convicted
>>> child molester and another fucking do-nothing, lied:
>>> Random mixing of molecules.
>> Who created the molecules so they could do that, Rudy?
>
> In number theory there is the idea of "normal" numbers.
> These number have a special kind of randomness.
> They contain every possible sequence of digits in them.
> You can easily figure out how to build a normal number.
> Basically if N is a normal number containing every possible combination of n
> digits then the normal number N || 0 || N || 1 || N || 2 || ... || 9
> -- where "||" means concatenate -- is a number number with every combiantion of n+1
> digits.
>
> Now this sounds all vrey boring until you understand that numbers are codes
> and a normal number contains all kinds of code messages. Every code message, in fact.
> In a number number somehere -- understanding the digits as codes for letters and punctuation --
> you must have a copy of the bible, of every play by Wm Shksp and every possible version of
> Hamlet including one with no spelin or puch-itation errors.
>
> There is also every version of Chat GPT and skynet in there.
>
> Now who created these normal numbers that contain all possible universes coded up?

> The moral of the story -- the laws of physics are just another kind of normal number.

We have MANY of those «normal» numbers, an infinite number of them :
e, π, any roots of a real number that is NOT a rational number, almost
all logarithms.
That is, all real numbers that don't have a periodic decimal
development. If you change the base used for your numeration, then, you
have a whole new set of normal numbers, also infinite in length.
Then, numbers ARE NOT codes and never contain any «message». Numbers are
just numbers and only numbers. Claiming otherwise it the bread & butter
of numerology, and numerology is charlatanism.

Re: 'Monumental' experiment suggests how life on Earth may have started

<j8fuuipv43gv6lfj3tk4tls3n048vv5bpi@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=5984&group=alt.astronomy#5984

From: nobodys@busine.ss (Malte Runz)
Newsgroups: alt.atheism,alt.astronomy
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2024 18:26:18 +0100
 by: Malte Runz - Mon, 11 Mar 2024 17:26 UTC

On Mon, 11 Mar 2024 05:09:09 -0700, Siri Cruise
<chine.bleu@www.yahoo.com> wrote:

>kymhorsell@gmail.com wrote:
>> In alt.astronomy Jon Brady <jbrady@amazon.com> wrote:
>>> Michael A Terrell <mike.am.surreal@earthlink.nut> wrote in
>>> Who created the molecules so they could do that, Rudy?
>>
>> In number theory there is the idea of "normal" numbers.
>> These number have a special kind of randomness.
>> They contain every possible sequence of digits in them.
>> You can easily figure out how to build a normal number.
>> Basically if N is a normal number containing every possible combination of n
>> digits then the normal number N || 0 || N || 1 || N || 2 || ... || 9
>> -- where "||" means concatenate -- is a number number with every combiantion of n+1
>> digits.
>>
>> Now this sounds all vrey boring until you understand that numbers are codes
>> and a normal number contains all kinds of code messages. Every code message, in fact.
>> In a number number somehere -- understanding the digits as codes for letters and punctuation --
>> you must have a copy of the bible, of every play by Wm Shksp and every possible version of
>> Hamlet including one with no spelin or puch-itation errors.
>>
>> There is also every version of Chat GPT and skynet in there.
>

>Where's pi?

In the sky where all the UFO's come from. Horsell believes in them as
well.

--
Malte Runz

Re: 'Monumental' experiment suggests how life on Earth may have started

<pqfuuitiljf5djp417v78493djothhfc8n@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=5985&group=alt.astronomy#5985

From: nobodys@busine.ss (Malte Runz)
Newsgroups: alt.atheism,alt.astronomy
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2024 18:42:45 +0100
 by: Malte Runz - Mon, 11 Mar 2024 17:42 UTC

On Mon, 11 Mar 2024 07:15:49 -0000 (UTC), kymhorsell@gmail.com wrote:

>In alt.astronomy Jon Brady <jbrady@amazon.com> wrote:
>> Michael A Terrell <mike.am.surreal@earthlink.nut> wrote in
>>> On 3/9/2024 1:11 PM, Skeeter-Shit Jack-Off Shit-4-Braincell, convicted
>>> child molester and another fucking do-nothing, lied:
>>> Random mixing of molecules.
>> Who created the molecules so they could do that, Rudy?
>
>In number theory there is the idea of "normal" numbers.
>These number have a special kind of randomness.

Normal numbers a special kind of randomness. My kook'o'meter is
howling.

>They contain every possible sequence of digits in them.
>You can easily figure out how to build a normal number.
>Basically if N is a normal number containing every possible combination of n
>digits then the normal number N || 0 || N || 1 || N || 2 || ... || 9
>-- where "||" means concatenate -- is a number number with every combiantion of n+1
>digits.
>
>Now this sounds all vrey boring ...

1+1=2 and 2+1=3. Yeah, not very exciting. It's what's coming that is
of the charts.

>... until you understand that numbers are codes
>and a normal number contains all kinds of code messages. ..

What coded messages does 8 contain? 6847596?

> ...Every code message, in fact.

Is 14 a code?

>In a number number somehere -- understanding the digits as codes for letters and punctuation --
>you must have a copy of the bible, of every play by Wm Shksp and every possible version of
>Hamlet including one with no spelin or puch-itation errors.
>
>There is also every version of Chat GPT and skynet in there.

Give me a minute. I'll be back...

>Now who created these normal numbers that contain all possible universes coded up?

>The moral of the story -- the laws of physics are just another kind of normal number.

Is it 19? I bet it's 19. On the other hand, it could also be 666. So
many normal, special, random numbers to choose from.

--
Malte Runz

Re: 'Monumental' experiment suggests how life on Earth may have started

<7JHHN.414013$Ama9.322987@fx12.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=5986&group=alt.astronomy#5986

started
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.society.liberalism,alt.atheism,alt.astronomy,alt.politics.democrats.d,talk.politics.guns
From: JW@jw.com (Just Wondering)
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2024 12:04:51 -0600
 by: Just Wondering - Mon, 11 Mar 2024 18:04 UTC

On 3/11/2024 6:09 AM, Siri Cruise wrote:
> kymhorsell@gmail.com wrote:
>> In alt.astronomy Jon Brady <jbrady@amazon.com> wrote:
>>> Michael A Terrell <mike.am.surreal@earthlink.nut> wrote in
>>> Who created the molecules so they could do that, Rudy?
>>
>> In number theory there is the idea of "normal" numbers.
>> These number have a special kind of randomness.
>> They contain every possible sequence of digits in them.
>> You can easily figure out how to build a normal number.
>> Basically if N is a normal number containing every possible
>> combination of n
>> digits then the normal number N || 0 || N || 1 || N || 2 || ... || 9
>> -- where "||" means concatenate --  is a number number with every
>> combiantion of n+1
>> digits.
>>
>> Now this sounds all vrey boring until you understand that numbers are
>> codes
>> and a normal number contains all kinds of code messages. Every code
>> message, in fact.
>> In a number number somehere -- understanding the digits as codes for
>> letters and punctuation --
>> you must have a copy of the bible, of every play by Wm Shksp and every
>> possible version of
>> Hamlet including one with no spelin  or puch-itation errors.
>>
>> There is also every version of Chat GPT and skynet in there.
>

> Where's pi?

Every round dessert has it.

Re: 'Monumental' experiment suggests how life on Earth may have started

<MPG.4058f517266e738799223c@usnews.blocknews.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=5987&group=alt.astronomy#5987

From: skeeterweed@photonmail.com (Skeeter)
Newsgroups: alt.atheism,alt.astronomy
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2024 12:02:21 -0600
 by: Skeeter - Mon, 11 Mar 2024 18:02 UTC

In article <j8fuuipv43gv6lfj3tk4tls3n048vv5bpi@4ax.com>,
nobodys@busine.ss says...

> On Mon, 11 Mar 2024 05:09:09 -0700, Siri Cruise
> <chine.bleu@www.yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >kymhorsell@gmail.com wrote:
> >>
> >> In number theory there is the idea of "normal" numbers.
> >> These number have a special kind of randomness.
> >> They contain every possible sequence of digits in them.
> >> You can easily figure out how to build a normal number.
> >> Basically if N is a normal number containing every possible combination of n
> >> digits then the normal number N || 0 || N || 1 || N || 2 || ... || 9
> >> -- where "||" means concatenate -- is a number number with every combiantion of n+1
> >> digits.
> >>
> >> Now this sounds all vrey boring until you understand that numbers are codes
> >> and a normal number contains all kinds of code messages. Every code message, in fact.
> >> In a number number somehere -- understanding the digits as codes for letters and punctuation --
> >> you must have a copy of the bible, of every play by Wm Shksp and every possible version of
> >> Hamlet including one with no spelin or puch-itation errors.
> >>
> >> There is also every version of Chat GPT and skynet in there.
> >

> >Where's pi?
>
> In the sky where all the UFO's come from. Horsell believes in them as
> well.

He's in the boat with the tiger.

Re: 'Monumental' experiment suggests how life on Earth may have started

<uss4rh$ukh8$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=6022&group=alt.astronomy#6022

From: daniel47@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: alt.atheism,alt.astronomy
started
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2024 23:06:06 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Wed, 13 Mar 2024 12:06 UTC

Just Wondering wrote on 12/3/24 5:04 am:
> On 3/11/2024 6:09 AM, Siri Cruise wrote:
>> kymhorsell@gmail.com wrote:

<Snip>
>>> There is also every version of Chat GPT and skynet in there.
>>
>> Where's pi?
>>
> Every round dessert has it.

Sorry! A (round) CAKE has PI(E) in it!! REALLY?? ;-P
--
Daniel

Re: 'Monumental' experiment suggests how life on Earth may have started

<usstre$1qqj$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=6031&group=alt.astronomy#6031

From: kymhorsell@gmail.com (R Kym Horsell)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.society.liberalism,alt.atheism,alt.astronomy,alt.politics.democrats.d,talk.politics.guns
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2024 19:12:46 -0000 (UTC)
Sender: R Kym Horsell <kym@otaku.sdf.org>
sha1:uujvaH4uQbOzjFdDbEL0TP9C1bc= sha256:eGOgVGxolKH/WoxbGAn0xOzfD8rrAjquVmly7gKBzew=
 by: R Kym Horsell - Wed, 13 Mar 2024 19:12 UTC

In alt.astronomy Siri Cruise <chine.bleu@www.yahoo.com> wrote:
> kymhorsell@gmail.com wrote:
>> In alt.astronomy Jon Brady <jbrady@amazon.com> wrote:
>>> Michael A Terrell <mike.am.surreal@earthlink.nut> wrote in
>>> Who created the molecules so they could do that, Rudy?
>>
>> In number theory there is the idea of "normal" numbers.
>> These number have a special kind of randomness.
>> They contain every possible sequence of digits in them.
>> You can easily figure out how to build a normal number.
>> Basically if N is a normal number containing every possible combination of n
>> digits then the normal number N || 0 || N || 1 || N || 2 || ... || 9
>> -- where "||" means concatenate -- is a number number with every combiantion of n+1
>> digits.
>>
>> Now this sounds all vrey boring until you understand that numbers are codes
>> and a normal number contains all kinds of code messages. Every code message, in fact.
>> In a number number somehere -- understanding the digits as codes for letters and punctuation --
>> you must have a copy of the bible, of every play by Wm Shksp and every possible version of
>> Hamlet including one with no spelin or puch-itation errors.
>>
>> There is also every version of Chat GPT and skynet in there.
> Where's pi?

It starts out simple with 22/7 then a few 8-digit approximations
then a programs to calculate it on some old Windows 10 machine.

Re: 'Monumental' experiment suggests how life on Earth may have started

<1f54vi5tiu3gvq6uj9jr30fb8pa1eld4m3@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=6032&group=alt.astronomy#6032

From: nobodys@busine.ss (Malte Runz)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.society.liberalism,alt.atheism,alt.astronomy,alt.politics.democrats.d,talk.politics.guns
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2024 22:21:00 +0100
 by: Malte Runz - Wed, 13 Mar 2024 21:21 UTC

On Wed, 13 Mar 2024 19:12:46 -0000 (UTC), R Kym Horsell
<kymhorsell@gmail.com> wrote:

>In alt.astronomy Siri Cruise <chine.bleu@www.yahoo.com> wrote:
>> kymhorsell@gmail.com wrote:
>>>
>>> In number theory there is the idea of "normal" numbers.
>>> These number have a special kind of randomness.
>>> They contain every possible sequence of digits in them.
>>> You can easily figure out how to build a normal number.
>>> Basically if N is a normal number containing every possible combination of n
>>> digits then the normal number N || 0 || N || 1 || N || 2 || ... || 9
>>> -- where "||" means concatenate -- is a number number with every combiantion of n+1
>>> digits.
>>>
>>> Now this sounds all vrey boring until you understand that numbers are codes
>>> and a normal number contains all kinds of code messages. Every code message, in fact.
>>> In a number number somehere -- understanding the digits as codes for letters and punctuation --
>>> you must have a copy of the bible, of every play by Wm Shksp and every possible version of
>>> Hamlet including one with no spelin or puch-itation errors.
>>>
>>> There is also every version of Chat GPT and skynet in there.
>> Where's pi?
>
>It starts out simple with 22/7 then a few 8-digit approximations
>then a programs to calculate it on some old Windows 10 machine.

Mr "Leading Data Scientist", don't tell me that you believe Pi is
22/3!

--
Malte Runz

Re: 'Monumental' experiment suggests how life on Earth may have started

<ust7m9$15s43$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=6033&group=alt.astronomy#6033

From: chine.bleu@www.yahoo.com (Siri Cruise)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.society.liberalism,alt.atheism,alt.astronomy,alt.politics.democrats.d,talk.politics.guns
started
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2024 15:00:41 -0700
 by: Siri Cruise - Wed, 13 Mar 2024 22:00 UTC

Calculate pi by throwing darts.

--
Siri Seal of Disavowal #000-001. Disavowed. Denied. @
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\
The Church of the Holey Apple .signature 3.2 / \
of Discordian Mysteries. This post insults Islam. Mohamed

Re: 'Monumental' experiment suggests how life on Earth may have started

<usta69$2os1$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=6034&group=alt.astronomy#6034

From: kymhorsell@gmail.com (R Kym Horsell)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.society.liberalism,alt.atheism,alt.astronomy,alt.politics.democrats.d,talk.politics.guns
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2024 22:43:21 -0000 (UTC)
Sender: R Kym Horsell <kym@otaku.sdf.org>
sha1:z/S4QunjbbloCipNqHYMlha+sWM= sha256:3KHyAl50qHerJBLfJxNz11ioSXkq29LxsCQYd+DoK5I=
 by: R Kym Horsell - Wed, 13 Mar 2024 22:43 UTC

In alt.astronomy Malte Runz <nobodys@busine.ss> wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Mar 2024 19:12:46 -0000 (UTC), R Kym Horsell
> <kymhorsell@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Where's pi?
>>
>>It starts out simple with 22/7 then a few 8-digit approximations
>>then a programs to calculate it on some old Windows 10 machine.
>
> Mr "Leading Data Scientist", don't tell me that you believe Pi is
> 22/3!

Dont tell me that's what you think I was saying. IQ90 territory.

--
According to recent salary surveys by recruitment agencies, the
highest-paid workers in Australia are mining workers and like

Re: 'Monumental' experiment suggests how life on Earth may have started

<ustabq$2os1$2@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=6035&group=alt.astronomy#6035

From: kymhorsell@gmail.com (R Kym Horsell)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.society.liberalism,alt.atheism,alt.astronomy,alt.politics.democrats.d,talk.politics.guns
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2024 22:46:18 -0000 (UTC)
Sender: R Kym Horsell <kym@otaku.sdf.org>
sha1:pDUr/H8zY2ERGWNWxw2ANi/QwmI= sha256:2bmuzAzpXX88k0ZdkOoAY364y3fAyb2gQ6XAUCM/87o=
 by: R Kym Horsell - Wed, 13 Mar 2024 22:46 UTC

In alt.astronomy Siri Cruise <chine.bleu@www.yahoo.com> wrote:
> Malte Runz wrote:
>> On Wed, 13 Mar 2024 19:12:46 -0000 (UTC), R Kym Horsell
>> <kymhorsell@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> It starts out simple with 22/7 then a few 8-digit approximations
>>> then a programs to calculate it on some old Windows 10 machine.
>>
>> Mr "Leading Data Scientist", don't tell me that you believe Pi is
>> 22/3!
>>

> Calculate pi by throwing darts.

Yes, that's one of the programs. Many better ones involving accelerated sum
of series of course. All amazing that the programs are much smaller than
the length of pi. :)

--
>As a leading data scientist <kaggle.com/kymhorsell1>
And if you're a "leading data scientist", I'm the Pope.
-- Pope John Baker <nunya@bizniz.net>, alt.astronomy, 25 Aug 2022 08:38:19 UTC

[The URL points to one of the leading sites for data science.
It shows in ~2010 I was ranked at 189th out of approx 2 million
scientists and quants then registered.
In ~2015 a Kaggle newsletter said they had passed 10 million and my
"world ranking" had slipped to 1000 -- i.e. around the top 0.01%.
But Pope John doesn't seem to read at a grade school level].

Kaggle is an online community platform for data scientists and machine
learning enthusiasts. Kaggle allows users to collaborate with other users,
find and publish datasets, use GPU integrated notebooks, and compete with
other data scientists to solve data science challenges.
-- datacamp.com

Re: 'Monumental' experiment suggests how life on Earth may have started

<usu9qp$1g1uf$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=6036&group=alt.astronomy#6036

From: daniel47@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: alt.atheism,alt.astronomy
started
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2024 18:43:18 +1100
 by: Daniel65 - Thu, 14 Mar 2024 07:43 UTC

Malte Runz wrote on 14/3/24 8:21 am:
> On Wed, 13 Mar 2024 19:12:46 -0000 (UTC), R Kym Horsell
> <kymhorsell@gmail.com> wrote:
>> In alt.astronomy Siri Cruise <chine.bleu@www.yahoo.com> wrote:
>>> kymhorsell@gmail.com wrote:

<Snip>

>>> Where's pi?
>>
>> It starts out simple with 22/7 then a few 8-digit approximations
>> then a programs to calculate it on some old Windows 10 machine.
>
> Mr "Leading Data Scientist", don't tell me that you believe Pi is
> 22/3!

Ah, well, if the Universe is expanding, I suppose Pi could expand from
22/7 to 22/3!! ;-P
--
Daniel

Re: 'Monumental' experiment suggests how life on Earth may have started

<7bn6vipvfrgrsglgpgjpctcvi6omkmm7gd@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=6038&group=alt.astronomy#6038

From: nobodys@busine.ss (Malte Runz)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.society.liberalism,alt.atheism,alt.astronomy,alt.politics.democrats.d,talk.politics.guns
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2024 21:27:49 +0100
 by: Malte Runz - Thu, 14 Mar 2024 20:27 UTC

No, it doesn't.

--
Malte Runz

Re: 'Monumental' experiment suggests how life on Earth may have started

<ut1prr$2bbj2$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=6042&group=alt.astronomy#6042

From: kuakinar@videotron.ca (Kualinar)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.society.liberalism,alt.atheism,alt.astronomy,alt.politics.democrats.d,talk.politics.guns
started
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2024 11:35:23 -0400
 by: Kualinar - Fri, 15 Mar 2024 15:35 UTC

Le 2024-03-13 à 17:21, Malte Runz a écrit :
> On Wed, 13 Mar 2024 19:12:46 -0000 (UTC), R Kym Horsell
> <kymhorsell@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Where's pi?
>>
>> It starts out simple with 22/7 then a few 8-digit approximations
>> then a programs to calculate it on some old Windows 10 machine.
>
> Mr "Leading Data Scientist", don't tell me that you believe Pi is
> 22/3!

The value 22/7 is a pretty crude approximation of the value of π. It
just have the first 2 decimals correct.