You see but you do not observe. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, in "The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes"

tech / alt.astronomy / God is rubbing your nose in His Truth!

SubjectAuthor
* God is rubbing your nose in His Truth!Brother Max
+* Re: God is rubbing your nose in His Truth!Kualinar
|+- Re: God is rubbing your nose in His Truth!Siri Cruise
|`* Re: God is rubbing your nose in His Truth!Mitchell Holman
| `* Re: God is rubbing your nose in His Truth!Rod Flanders
|  +* Re: God is rubbing your nose in His Truth!The Doctor
|  |`- Re: God is rubbing your nose in His Truth!D
|  +- Re: God is rubbing your nose in His Truth!Mitchell Holman
|  +* Re: God is rubbing your nose in His Truth!Kualinar
|  |+- Re: God is rubbing your nose in His Truth!The Doctor
|  |+* Re: God is rubbing your nose in His Truth!Rod Flanders
|  ||+* Re: God is rubbing your nose in His Truth!palsing
|  |||+* Re: God is rubbing your nose in His Truth!The Doctor
|  ||||+- Re: God is rubbing your nose in His Truth!Mitchell Holman
|  ||||`- Re: God is rubbing your nose in His Truth!Kualinar
|  |||`- Re: God is rubbing your nose in His Truth!mikey sayed
|  ||+* Re: God is rubbing your nose in His Truth!Robert Youngdale
|  |||`* Re: God is rubbing your nose in His Truth!The Doctor
|  ||| `- Re: God is rubbing your nose in His Truth!Kualinar
|  ||`- Re: God is rubbing your nose in His Truth!Kualinar
|  |`- Re: God is rubbing your nose in His Truth!Scout
|  `* Re: God is rubbing your nose in His Truth!Al Feldhauser
|   `- Re: God is rubbing your nose in His Truth!The Doctor
+- Re: God is rubbing your nose in His Truth!Dexter
`* Re: God is rubbing your nose in His Truth!Ted
 +- Re: God is rubbing your nose in His Truth!%
 `* Re: God is rubbing your nose in His Truth!Bud Frawley
  `- Re: God is rubbing your nose in His Truth!Ted

Pages:12
God is rubbing your nose in His Truth!

<Wi9JN.22217$_a1e.3042@fx16.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=6054&group=alt.astronomy#6054

Subject: God is rubbing your nose in His Truth!
From: max@christs.church (Brother Max)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.atheism,alt.astronomy,talk.politics.guns,edm.general
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2024 04:33:58 GMT
 by: Brother Max - Sat, 16 Mar 2024 04:33 UTC

Did you know that the space program is busy proving that what has been
called “myth” in the Bible is true? Mr. Harold Hill, President of the
Curtis Engine Company in Baltimore Maryland, and a consultant in the
space program, relates the following development: I think one of the
most amazing things that God has for us today happened recently to our
astronauts and space scientists at Green Belt, Maryland. They were
checking the position of the sun, moon, and planets out in space where
they would be, 100 years and 1000 years from now. We have to know this
so we won’t send a satellite up and have it bump into something later
on in its orbits. We have to lay out the orbits in terms of the life of
the satellite, and where the planets will be, so the whole thing will
not bog down. They ran the computer measurement back and forth over the
centuries and it came to a halt. The computer stopped and put up a red
signal, which meant that there was something wrong either with the
information fed into it, or with the results as compared to the
standards.

They called in the service department to check it out and they said
“what’s wrong?” Well they found there is a day missing in space, in
elapsed time. They scratched their heads and tore their hair. There was
no answer. Finally, a Christian man on the team said, “You know, one
time I was in Sunday school and they talked about the sun standing
still.” While they didn’t believe him, they didn’t have an answer
either, so they said “Show us.” He got a Bible and went back to the
book of Joshua where they found a pretty ridiculous statement for any
one with “common sense.” There they found the Lord saying to Joshua,
“Fear them not, I have delivered them into thy hand; there shall not a
man of them stand before thee.” Joshua was concerned because he was
surrounded by the enemy and if darkness fell they would overpower
them.(check references below.) So Joshua asked the Lord to make the sun
stand still! That’s right-”The sun stood still and the moon stayed-and
hasted not to go down about a whole day!”

They checked the computers going back into the time it was written and
found it was close but not close enough. The elapsed time that was
missing back in Joshua’s day was 23 hours and 20 minutes-not a whole
day. They read the Bible and there it was “about (approximately) a
day.” These little words in the Bible are important, but they were
still in trouble, because if you cannot account for 40 minutes you’ll
still be in trouble, 1,000 years from now. Forty minutes had to be
found because it can be multiplied many times over in orbits.

As the Christian employee thought about it, he remembered somewhere in
the Bible where it said the sun went BACKWARDS. The scientists told him
he was out of his mind, but they got out the Book and read these words
in 2 Kings: Hezekiah, on his death-bed, was visited by the prophet
Isaiah who told him that he was not going to die. Hezekiah asked for a
sign as proof. Isaiah said, “Do you want the sun to go ahead 10
degrees?” Hezekiah said “It is nothing for the sun to go ahead 10
degrees, but let the shadow return backward 10 degrees.” Isaiah spoke
to the Lord and the Lord brought the shadow ten degrees BACKWARD! Ten
degrees is exactly 40 minutes! Twenty-three hours and 20 minutes in
Joshua, plus 40 minutes in Second Kings make the missing day in the
universe! Isn’t it amazing?! Our God is rubbing their noses in His
Truth!

Re: God is rubbing your nose in His Truth!

<ut4iaf$301nn$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=6067&group=alt.astronomy#6067

From: kuakinar@videotron.ca (Kualinar)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.atheism,alt.astronomy,talk.politics.guns,edm.general
Subject: Re: God is rubbing your nose in His Truth!
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2024 12:45:01 -0400
 by: Kualinar - Sat, 16 Mar 2024 16:45 UTC

Le 2024-03-16 à 00:33, Brother Max a écrit :
> Did you know that the space program is busy proving that what has been
> called “myth” in the Bible is true?
No, it don't.

Mr. Harold Hill, President of the
> Curtis Engine Company in Baltimore Maryland, and a consultant in the
> space program, relates the following development: I think one of the
> most amazing things that God has for us today happened recently to our
> astronauts and space scientists at Green Belt, Maryland. They were
> checking the position of the sun, moon, and planets out in space where
> they would be, 100 years and 1000 years from now. We have to know this
> so we won’t send a satellite up and have it bump into something later
> on in its orbits. We have to lay out the orbits in terms of the life of
> the satellite, and where the planets will be, so the whole thing will
> not bog down. They ran the computer measurement back and forth over the
> centuries and it came to a halt. The computer stopped and put up a red
> signal, which meant that there was something wrong either with the
> information fed into it, or with the results as compared to the
> standards.
Never happened.

Computer simulations routinely go back millions to billions of years in
the past. So, way farther than the biblical times.
Then, the calculation for satellites only go FORWARD. There is no need
for those to go backward to before the launch of the satellites.
Then, the satellites orbit around the Earth. The position of the planets
have little to no effect. A time span of 100 years or more is far longer
than the life expectancy of ANY satellite.

> They called in the service department to check it out and they said
> “what’s wrong?” Well they found there is a day missing in space, in
> elapsed time. They scratched their heads and tore their hair. There was
> no answer. Finally, a Christian man on the team said, “You know, one
> time I was in Sunday school and they talked about the sun standing
> still.” While they didn’t believe him, they didn’t have an answer
> either, so they said “Show us.” He got a Bible and went back to the
> book of Joshua where they found a pretty ridiculous statement for any
> one with “common sense.” There they found the Lord saying to Joshua,
> “Fear them not, I have delivered them into thy hand; there shall not a
> man of them stand before thee.” Joshua was concerned because he was
> surrounded by the enemy and if darkness fell they would overpower
> them.(check references below.) So Joshua asked the Lord to make the sun
> stand still! That’s right-”The sun stood still and the moon stayed-and
> hasted not to go down about a whole day!”
>
> They checked the computers going back into the time it was written and
> found it was close but not close enough. The elapsed time that was
> missing back in Joshua’s day was 23 hours and 20 minutes-not a whole
> day. They read the Bible and there it was “about (approximately) a
> day.” These little words in the Bible are important, but they were
> still in trouble, because if you cannot account for 40 minutes you’ll
> still be in trouble, 1,000 years from now. Forty minutes had to be
> found because it can be multiplied many times over in orbits.
>
> As the Christian employee thought about it, he remembered somewhere in
> the Bible where it said the sun went BACKWARDS. The scientists told him
> he was out of his mind, but they got out the Book and read these words
> in 2 Kings: Hezekiah, on his death-bed, was visited by the prophet
> Isaiah who told him that he was not going to die. Hezekiah asked for a
> sign as proof. Isaiah said, “Do you want the sun to go ahead 10
> degrees?” Hezekiah said “It is nothing for the sun to go ahead 10
> degrees, but let the shadow return backward 10 degrees.” Isaiah spoke
> to the Lord and the Lord brought the shadow ten degrees BACKWARD! Ten
> degrees is exactly 40 minutes! Twenty-three hours and 20 minutes in
> Joshua, plus 40 minutes in Second Kings make the missing day in the
> universe! Isn’t it amazing?! Our God is rubbing their noses in His
> Truth!

All that story is made up. It never happened.

Re: God is rubbing your nose in His Truth!

<ut5br6$350fe$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=6076&group=alt.astronomy#6076

From: chine.bleu@www.yahoo.com (Siri Cruise)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.atheism,alt.astronomy,talk.politics.guns,edm.general
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2024 17:00:39 -0700
 by: Siri Cruise - Sun, 17 Mar 2024 00:00 UTC

Kualinar wrote:
> All that story is made up. It never happened.

It's an old story. I heard it in my misspent youth.

--
Siri Seal of Disavowal #000-001. Disavowed. Denied. @
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\

Re: God is rubbing your nose in His Truth!

<XnsB137D313D6761noemailcomcastnet@69.80.101.13>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=6080&group=alt.astronomy#6080

Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.atheism,alt.astronomy,talk.politics.guns,edm.general
From: noemail@verizon.net (Mitchell Holman)
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2024 01:42:08 +0000
 by: Mitchell Holman - Sun, 17 Mar 2024 01:42 UTC

Kualinar <kuakinar@videotron.ca> wrote in

> [...]
>> in the Bible where it said the sun went BACKWARDS. The scientists
>> told him he was out of his mind, but they got out the Book and read
>> these words in 2 Kings: Hezekiah, on his death-bed, was visited by
>> the prophet Isaiah who told him that he was not going to die.
>> Hezekiah asked for a sign as proof. Isaiah said, “Do you want the
>> sun to go ahead 10 degrees?” Hezekiah said “It is nothing for the
>> sun to go ahead 10 degrees, but let the shadow return backward 10
>> degrees.” Isaiah spoke to the Lord and the Lord brought the shadow
>> ten degrees BACKWARD! Ten degrees is exactly 40 minutes! Twenty-three
>> hours and 20 minutes in Joshua, plus 40 minutes in Second Kings make
>> the missing day in the universe! Isn’t it amazing?! Our God is
>> rubbing their noses in His Truth!
>
> All that story is made up. It never happened.

I like the part about how the Earth
stops spinning for a whole day. Never
mind the physical impossibilities, can
they just explain why no one else on
the whole planet noticed it?

Re: God is rubbing your nose in His Truth!

<gihdvi139ih8g3dt3o2b6su5e6pfdoqbfo@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=6101&group=alt.astronomy#6101

From: rflander@next.door (Rod Flanders)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.atheism,alt.astronomy,talk.politics.guns,edm.general
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2024 03:35:12 -0700
 by: Rod Flanders - Sun, 17 Mar 2024 10:35 UTC

Mitchell Holman wrote:

> [...]
> >> in the Bible where it said the sun went BACKWARDS. The scientists
> >> told him he was out of his mind, but they got out the Book and read
> >> these words in 2 Kings: Hezekiah, on his death-bed, was visited by
> >> the prophet Isaiah who told him that he was not going to die.
> >> Hezekiah asked for a sign as proof. Isaiah said, “Do you want the
> >> sun to go ahead 10 degrees?â€? Hezekiah said “It is nothing for the
> >> sun to go ahead 10 degrees, but let the shadow return backward 10
> >> degrees.� Isaiah spoke to the Lord and the Lord brought the shadow
> >> ten degrees BACKWARD! Ten degrees is exactly 40 minutes! Twenty-three
> >> hours and 20 minutes in Joshua, plus 40 minutes in Second Kings make
> >> the missing day in the universe! Isn’t it amazing?! Our God is
> >> rubbing their noses in His Truth!
> >
> > All that story is made up. It never happened.

God's Word says the sun stopped moving, not the Earth.

--
Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and
thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Re: God is rubbing your nose in His Truth!

<ut6mvb$1ji9$13@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=6106&group=alt.astronomy#6106

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.atheism,alt.astronomy,talk.politics.guns,edm.general
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2024 12:16:43 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Sun, 17 Mar 2024 12:16 UTC

In article <gihdvi139ih8g3dt3o2b6su5e6pfdoqbfo@4ax.com>,
Rod Flanders <rflander@next.door> wrote:
>Mitchell Holman wrote:
>
>> Kualinar <kuakinar@videotron.ca> wrote in

>> > No, it don't.
>> >
>> > Mr. Harold Hill, President of the
>> > Never happened.
>> >
>> > Computer simulations routinely go back millions to billions of years
>> > in the past. So, way farther than the biblical times.
>> > Then, the calculation for satellites only go FORWARD. There is no need
>> > for those to go backward to before the launch of the satellites.
>> > Then, the satellites orbit around the Earth. The position of the
>> > planets have little to no effect. A time span of 100 years or more is
>> > far longer than the life expectancy of ANY satellite.

>> > All that story is made up. It never happened.
>>

>> I like the part about how the Earth
>> stops spinning for a whole day. Never
>> mind the physical impossibilities, can
>> they just explain why no one else on
>> the whole planet noticed it?
>>

>God's Word says the sun stopped moving, not the Earth.

And that is in the Historic Book of Joshua!

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
What worth the power of law that won't stop lawlessness? -unknown

Re: God is rubbing your nose in His Truth!

<XnsB138558AFEC3noemailcomcastnet@69.80.101.22>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=6108&group=alt.astronomy#6108

Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.atheism,alt.astronomy,talk.politics.guns,edm.general
From: noemail@verizon.net (Mitchell Holman)
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2024 13:21:42 +0000
 by: Mitchell Holman - Sun, 17 Mar 2024 13:21 UTC

Rod Flanders <rflander@next.door> wrote in

> Mitchell Holman wrote:
>
>> Kualinar <kuakinar@videotron.ca> wrote in

>> > No, it don't.
>> >
>> > Mr. Harold Hill, President of the
>> > Never happened.
>> >
>> > Computer simulations routinely go back millions to billions of years
>> > in the past. So, way farther than the biblical times.
>> > Then, the calculation for satellites only go FORWARD. There is no
need
>> > for those to go backward to before the launch of the satellites.
>> > Then, the satellites orbit around the Earth. The position of the
>> > planets have little to no effect. A time span of 100 years or more
is
>> > far longer than the life expectancy of ANY satellite.

a >> >> Bible and went back to the book of Joshua where they found a pretty

a >> >> whole day. They read the Bible and there it was “about

>> > All that story is made up. It never happened.
>>

>> I like the part about how the Earth
>> stops spinning for a whole day. Never
>> mind the physical impossibilities, can
>> they just explain why no one else on
>> the whole planet noticed it?
>>

> God's Word says the sun stopped moving, not the Earth.

So the Earth is fixed in space and
everything moves around it.

Is that your final answer?

Re: God is rubbing your nose in His Truth!

<b8db820c31fd3a3b75f7b228d469c464@dizum.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=6109&group=alt.astronomy#6109

From: J@M (D)
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2024 14:54:18 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: alt.astronomy
 by: D - Sun, 17 Mar 2024 13:54 UTC

On Sun, 17 Mar 2024 12:16:43 -0000 (UTC), doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) wrote:
snip

>And that is in the Historic Book of Joshua!

possibly idiomatic, e.g. "forty days and forty nights"/as long as it takes;
sun/refractive, moon/reflective . . . reversed? (sounds like the afterlife)
>--
>Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
>Yahweh, King & country!Never Satan President Republic!Beware AntiChrist rising!
>What worth the power of law that won't stop lawlessness? -unknown

invincible google depeered from usenet only after two long decades of cries
from the underworld ... a feather in thy cap; updating your sig makes sense
not only in reference to google, but politics and religion are a black hole

Re: God is rubbing your nose in His Truth!

<ut74pb$3jqa1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=6114&group=alt.astronomy#6114

From: kuakinar@videotron.ca (Kualinar)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.atheism,alt.astronomy,talk.politics.guns,edm.general
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2024 12:12:27 -0400
 by: Kualinar - Sun, 17 Mar 2024 16:12 UTC

Le 2024-03-17 à 06:35, Rod Flanders a écrit :
> Mitchell Holman wrote:
>
>> Kualinar <kuakinar@videotron.ca> wrote in

>>> No, it don't.
>>>
>>> Mr. Harold Hill, President of the
>>> Never happened.
>>>
>>> Computer simulations routinely go back millions to billions of years
>>> in the past. So, way farther than the biblical times.
>>> Then, the calculation for satellites only go FORWARD. There is no need
>>> for those to go backward to before the launch of the satellites.
>>> Then, the satellites orbit around the Earth. The position of the
>>> planets have little to no effect. A time span of 100 years or more is
>>> far longer than the life expectancy of ANY satellite.

>>> All that story is made up. It never happened.
>>

>> I like the part about how the Earth
>> stops spinning for a whole day. Never
>> mind the physical impossibilities, can
>> they just explain why no one else on
>> the whole planet noticed it?
>>

> God's Word says the sun stopped moving, not the Earth.
>

> --
> Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and
> thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
> Acts 16:31
Back then, they believed the Earth to be flat, at the centre of the
world and that the Sun, planets and stars moved around it.
So, the wording was in accordance to their belief.
Anyway, the Sun stopping would have been noticed by ALL of the other
civilizations of the time, many of witch already had writing. NONE
noticed anything.
So, it's safe to assume that it never happened.

Remember that the bible is NOT an historical record. It's a record of
stories.

Re: God is rubbing your nose in His Truth!

<tQEJN.156282$t8cc.140615@fx06.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=6116&group=alt.astronomy#6116

Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.atheism,alt.astronomy,talk.politics.guns,edm.general
From: kiick_wiebur@taft.cone (Al Feldhauser)
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2024 09:26:01 -0700
 by: Al Feldhauser - Sun, 17 Mar 2024 16:26 UTC

On 3/17/2024 3:35 AM, Rod Flanders wrote:
> Mitchell Holman wrote:
>
>> Kualinar <kuakinar@videotron.ca> wrote in

>>> No, it don't.
>>>
>>> Mr. Harold Hill, President of the
>>> Never happened.
>>>
>>> Computer simulations routinely go back millions to billions of years
>>> in the past. So, way farther than the biblical times.
>>> Then, the calculation for satellites only go FORWARD. There is no need
>>> for those to go backward to before the launch of the satellites.
>>> Then, the satellites orbit around the Earth. The position of the
>>> planets have little to no effect. A time span of 100 years or more is
>>> far longer than the life expectancy of ANY satellite.

>>> All that story is made up. It never happened.
>>

>> I like the part about how the Earth
>> stops spinning for a whole day. Never
>> mind the physical impossibilities, can
>> they just explain why no one else on
>> the whole planet noticed it?
>>

> God's Word says

There is no such thing as "god's word"

Re: God is rubbing your nose in His Truth!

<ut7ch3$1kge$3@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=6120&group=alt.astronomy#6120

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.atheism,alt.astronomy,talk.politics.guns,edm.general
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2024 18:24:35 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Sun, 17 Mar 2024 18:24 UTC

In article <ut74pb$3jqa1$1@dont-email.me>,

Liar!
--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
What worth the power of law that won't stop lawlessness? -unknown

Re: God is rubbing your nose in His Truth!

<ut7che$1kge$4@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=6121&group=alt.astronomy#6121

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.atheism,alt.astronomy,talk.politics.guns,edm.general
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2024 18:24:46 -0000 (UTC)

In article <tQEJN.156282$t8cc.140615@fx06.iad>,
Al Feldhauser <kiick_wiebur@taft.cone> wrote:
>On 3/17/2024 3:35 AM, Rod Flanders wrote:
>> Mitchell Holman wrote:
>>
>>> Kualinar <kuakinar@videotron.ca> wrote in

>us.� He got a
>stayed-and hasted

>nothing for the

>>> I like the part about how the Earth
>>> stops spinning for a whole day. Never
>>> mind the physical impossibilities, can
>>> they just explain why no one else on
>>> the whole planet noticed it?
>>>

>> God's Word says
>
>There is no such thing as "god's word"

Liar!
--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
What worth the power of law that won't stop lawlessness? -unknown

Re: God is rubbing your nose in His Truth!

<91vevihn7uqhbseiskm6e2qlo0l5c9joec@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=6126&group=alt.astronomy#6126

From: rflander@next.door (Rod Flanders)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.atheism,alt.astronomy,talk.politics.guns,edm.general
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2024 16:28:36 -0700
 by: Rod Flanders - Sun, 17 Mar 2024 23:28 UTC

Kualinar <kuakinar@videotron.ca> wrote:

> Le 2024-03-17 à 06:35, Rod Flanders a écrit :
> > Mitchell Holman wrote:
> >
> >> Kualinar <kuakinar@videotron.ca> wrote in

> >> I like the part about how the Earth
> >> stops spinning for a whole day. Never
> >> mind the physical impossibilities, can
> >> they just explain why no one else on
> >> the whole planet noticed it?
> >>

> > God's Word says the sun stopped moving, not the Earth.
> >

> > --
> > Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and
> > thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
> > Acts 16:31
> Back then, they believed the Earth to be flat, at the centre of the
> world and that the Sun, planets and stars moved around it.
> So, the wording was in accordance to their belief.
> Anyway, the Sun stopping would have been noticed by ALL of the other
> civilizations of the time, many of witch already had writing. NONE
> noticed anything.
> So, it's safe to assume that it never happened.
>
> Remember that the bible is NOT an historical record. It's a record of
> stories.

What do you think God was trying to tell us in that story?

Re: God is rubbing your nose in His Truth!

<3a0c1b5208c96fef84d7d4a04abfb200@www.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=6132&group=alt.astronomy#6132

From: pnalsing@gmail.com (palsing)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.atheism,alt.astronomy,talk.politics.guns,edm.general
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2024 04:15:34 +0000
 by: palsing - Mon, 18 Mar 2024 04:15 UTC

Rod Flanders wrote:

> What do you think God was trying to tell us in that story?

And just which god would that be?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_religious_populations

Re: God is rubbing your nose in His Truth!

<6KXJN.121779$GX69.101525@fx46.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=6141&group=alt.astronomy#6141

From: another.jaques@idiot (Robert Youngdale)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.atheism,alt.astronomy,talk.politics.guns,edm.general
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2024 06:56:03 -0700
 by: Robert Youngdale - Mon, 18 Mar 2024 13:56 UTC

On 3/17/2024 4:28 PM, Rod Flanders wrote:
> Kualinar <kuakinar@videotron.ca> wrote:

>>> God's Word says the sun stopped moving, not the Earth.
>>>

>>> --
>>> Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and
>>> thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
>>> Acts 16:31
>> Back then, they believed the Earth to be flat, at the centre of the
>> world and that the Sun, planets and stars moved around it.
>> So, the wording was in accordance to their belief.
>> Anyway, the Sun stopping would have been noticed by ALL of the other
>> civilizations of the time, many of witch already had writing. NONE
>> noticed anything.
>> So, it's safe to assume that it never happened.
>>
>> Remember that the bible is NOT an historical record. It's a record of
>> stories.
>

> What do you think God was trying to tell us in that story?

There was no "god" trying to tell anyone anything in those stories. He didn't
write them and didn't inspire them.

Re: God is rubbing your nose in His Truth!

<ut9oeb$2914$3@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=6145&group=alt.astronomy#6145

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.atheism,alt.astronomy,talk.politics.guns,edm.general
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2024 16:00:11 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Mon, 18 Mar 2024 16:00 UTC

In article <3a0c1b5208c96fef84d7d4a04abfb200@www.novabbs.com>,
palsing <pnalsing@gmail.com> wrote:
>Rod Flanders wrote:
>
>> What do you think God was trying to tell us in that story?
>
>And just which god would that be?
>
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_religious_populations

There is but one God, Yahweh the creator!
--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
What worth the power of law that won't stop lawlessness? -unknown

Re: God is rubbing your nose in His Truth!

<ut9oi4$2914$7@gallifrey.nk.ca>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=6146&group=alt.astronomy#6146

From: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.atheism,alt.astronomy,talk.politics.guns,edm.general
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2024 16:02:12 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
 by: The Doctor - Mon, 18 Mar 2024 16:02 UTC

<XnsB13981892AF57noemailcomcastnet@69.80.101.16>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=6151&group=alt.astronomy#6151

Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.atheism,alt.astronomy,talk.politics.guns,edm.general
From: noemail@verizon.net (Mitchell Holman)
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2024 17:41:10 +0000
 by: Mitchell Holman - Mon, 18 Mar 2024 17:41 UTC

doctor@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor) wrote in news:ut9oeb$2914$3
@gallifrey.nk.ca:

> In article <3a0c1b5208c96fef84d7d4a04abfb200@www.novabbs.com>,
> palsing <pnalsing@gmail.com> wrote:
>>Rod Flanders wrote:
>>
>>> What do you think God was trying to tell us in that story?
>>
>>And just which god would that be?
>>
>>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_religious_populations
>
> There is but one God, Yahweh the creator!

Then who sits on the Divine Council?

"God has taken his place in the divine council;
in the midst of the gods he holds judgment"
Psalm 82:1

Re: God is rubbing your nose in His Truth!

<uta0f4$a2os$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=6155&group=alt.astronomy#6155

From: kuakinar@videotron.ca (Kualinar)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.atheism,alt.astronomy,talk.politics.guns,edm.general
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2024 14:17:07 -0400
 by: Kualinar - Mon, 18 Mar 2024 18:17 UTC

Le 2024-03-17 à 19:28, Rod Flanders a écrit :
> Kualinar <kuakinar@videotron.ca> wrote:

>>> God's Word says the sun stopped moving, not the Earth.
>>>

>>> --
>>> Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and
>>> thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
>>> Acts 16:31
>> Back then, they believed the Earth to be flat, at the centre of the
>> world and that the Sun, planets and stars moved around it.
>> So, the wording was in accordance to their belief.
>> Anyway, the Sun stopping would have been noticed by ALL of the other
>> civilizations of the time, many of witch already had writing. NONE
>> noticed anything.
>> So, it's safe to assume that it never happened.
>>
>> Remember that the bible is NOT an historical record. It's a record of
>> stories.
>

> What do you think God was trying to tell us in that story?

More like : What does the human author of that story wanted to tell us ?
Telling us how Great his god is, just like all of the authors of all of
the stories contained in the holy books of ALL religions ever.

Re: God is rubbing your nose in His Truth!

<uta0jo$a2os$5@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=6156&group=alt.astronomy#6156

From: kuakinar@videotron.ca (Kualinar)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.atheism,alt.astronomy,talk.politics.guns,edm.general
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2024 14:19:35 -0400
 by: Kualinar - Mon, 18 Mar 2024 18:19 UTC

Le 2024-03-18 à 12:00, The Doctor a écrit :
> In article <3a0c1b5208c96fef84d7d4a04abfb200@www.novabbs.com>,
> palsing <pnalsing@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Rod Flanders wrote:
>>
>>> What do you think God was trying to tell us in that story?
>>
>> And just which god would that be?
>>
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_religious_populations
>
> There is but one God, Yahweh the creator!
Please tell us WHY it MUST be Yahweh and not any of the other gods from
humanity's religions through the ages ?

The only «proof» of Yahweh are found in the bible, and the bible is
definitively NOT a reliable source.

Re: God is rubbing your nose in His Truth!

<uta0nu$a2os$6@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=6157&group=alt.astronomy#6157

From: kuakinar@videotron.ca (Kualinar)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.atheism,alt.astronomy,talk.politics.guns,edm.general
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2024 14:21:49 -0400
 by: Kualinar - Mon, 18 Mar 2024 18:21 UTC

Le 2024-03-18 à 12:02, The Doctor a écrit :
> In article <6KXJN.121779$GX69.101525@fx46.iad>,
> Robert Youngdale <another.jaques@idiot> wrote:

>> missing in
>> us.� He got a
>> There they
>> stayed-and hasted

>> years from

>> nothing for the

>>> What do you think God was trying to tell us in that story?
>>
>> There was no "god" trying to tell anyone anything in those stories. He didn't
>> write them and didn't inspire them.
>>

> Liar!
Prove it.
Prove that it's a lie.
You can't, you just can't without quoting the utterly unreliable bible.

Re: God is rubbing your nose in His Truth!

<xn0ojhucn55qt5w003@news.giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=6178&group=alt.astronomy#6178

Followup: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
From: not@home.com (Dexter)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.atheism,alt.astronomy,talk.politics.guns,edm.general
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2024 04:55:14 +0000
 by: Dexter - Tue, 19 Mar 2024 04:55 UTC

Brother Max wrote:

> [...]
>
> As the Christian employee thought about it, he remembered somewhere in
> the Bible where it said the sun went BACKWARDS. The scientists told him
> he was out of his mind, but they got out the Book and read these words
> in 2 Kings: Hezekiah, on his death-bed, was visited by the prophet
> Isaiah who told him that he was not going to die. Hezekiah asked for a
> sign as proof. Isaiah said, “Do you want the sun to go ahead 10
> degrees?” Hezekiah said “It is nothing for the sun to go ahead 10
> degrees, but let the shadow return backward 10 degrees.” Isaiah spoke
> to the Lord and the Lord brought the shadow ten degrees BACKWARD! Ten
> degrees is exactly 40 minutes! Twenty-three hours and 20 minutes in
> Joshua, plus 40 minutes in Second Kings make the missing day in the
> universe! Isn’t it amazing?! Our God is rubbing their noses in His
-------------------------------------

Silly fairy tale.

Re: God is rubbing your nose in His Truth!

<utd4u7$1322b$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=6223&group=alt.astronomy#6223

From: me4guns@verizon.removeme.this2.nospam.net (Scout)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.atheism,alt.astronomy,talk.politics.guns,edm.general
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2024 18:00:56 -0400
 by: Scout - Tue, 19 Mar 2024 22:00 UTC

"Kualinar" <kuakinar@videotron.ca> wrote in message
> Le 2024-03-17 à 06:35, Rod Flanders a écrit :
>> Mitchell Holman wrote:
>>
>>> Kualinar <kuakinar@videotron.ca> wrote in

>>> I like the part about how the Earth
>>> stops spinning for a whole day. Never
>>> mind the physical impossibilities, can
>>> they just explain why no one else on
>>> the whole planet noticed it?
>>>

>> God's Word says the sun stopped moving, not the Earth.
>>

>> --
>> Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and
>> thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
>> Acts 16:31
> Back then, they believed the Earth to be flat, at the centre of the world
> and that the Sun, planets and stars moved around it.
> So, the wording was in accordance to their belief.
> Anyway, the Sun stopping would have been noticed by ALL of the other
> civilizations of the time, many of witch already had writing. NONE noticed
> anything.
> So, it's safe to assume that it never happened.
>
> Remember that the bible is NOT an historical record. It's a record of
> stories.

Now, now.. they would have us believe that God came down from heaven and
dictated it to them as if to a stenographer....

Same thing thing when they decided which of these stories to include in the
Bible.

Re: God is rubbing your nose in His Truth!

<gSuKN.542370$PuZ9.508190@fx11.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=6232&group=alt.astronomy#6232

From: ted.street@gmail.com (Ted)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.atheism,alt.astronomy,talk.politics.guns,edm.general
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2024 05:54:20 GMT
 by: Ted - Wed, 20 Mar 2024 05:54 UTC

Brother Max wrote:

> God is rubbing your nose in His Truth!

What an asshole!

Re: God is rubbing your nose in His Truth!

<17be6a956ea84961$18335$3326957$e6ddec62@news.thecubenet.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=6239&group=alt.astronomy#6239

Followup: alt.idiots
Newsgroups: alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.atheism,alt.astronomy
From: precent@yohoo.not (%)
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2024 04:08:18 -0400
 by: % - Wed, 20 Mar 2024 08:08 UTC

Ted/Alice wrote:
> Brother Max wrote:
>
>> God is rubbing your nose in His Truth!
>

> What an asshole!

is it as nice as fat chad's asshole, alice