From: rainbow@colition.gov (Popping Mad)
Newsgroups: sci.bio.paleontology
Subject: anyone watching this netflix video on life?
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2023 06:50:11 -0500
 by: Popping Mad - Thu, 9 Nov 2023 11:50 UTC

This show, life on our planet, has so much work done on it and it yet it
has so many errors and inacuracies it makes me crazy to watch it.

The ground zero 90° hit by the KT asteroid was like the final staw for
me. That and a T-Rex hunting like a lion and then growling? I mean
REALLY. Any preditor can't growl when hunting or it gives its position
away. And the three stuges act by the chicks... it is all so over the
top and consistantly wrong in the details.

And there is nothing new in it The latest releases of work give a much
clearer picture of many life epics of late. I don't know why this work
is so lacking and so poorly done.

Re: anyone watching this netflix video on life?

<d611cd0c-ba47-4b43-ab04-cf729c02af44n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=6234&group=sci.bio.paleontology#6234

Newsgroups: sci.bio.paleontology
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2023 08:07:44 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: anyone watching this netflix video on life?
From: eastside.erik@gmail.com (erik simpson)
 by: erik simpson - Thu, 9 Nov 2023 16:07 UTC

On Thursday, November 9, 2023 at 3:50:03 AM UTC-8, Popping Mad wrote:
> This show, life on our planet, has so much work done on it and it yet it
> has so many errors and inacuracies it makes me crazy to watch it.
>
> The ground zero 90° hit by the KT asteroid was like the final staw for
> me. That and a T-Rex hunting like a lion and then growling? I mean
> REALLY. Any preditor can't growl when hunting or it gives its position
> away. And the three stuges act by the chicks... it is all so over the
> top and consistantly wrong in the details.
>
> And there is nothing new in it The latest releases of work give a much
> clearer picture of many life epics of late. I don't know why this work
> is so lacking and so poorly done.
I don't know what video you're talking about, but I don't need to. Even
PBS' "Nova" presentations are often very disappointing and sometimes
almost incoherent, even when they present knowledgeable experts as
part of the program. Apparently the experts aren't consulted before the
show is released.

Re: anyone watching this netflix video on life?

<uikhkk$m3t$1@reader2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=6235&group=sci.bio.paleontology#6235

From: rainbow@colition.gov (Popping Mad)
Newsgroups: sci.bio.paleontology
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2023 01:12:47 -0500
 by: Popping Mad - Fri, 10 Nov 2023 06:12 UTC

On 11/9/23 11:07, erik simpson wrote:
> On Thursday, November 9, 2023 at 3:50:03 AM UTC-8, Popping Mad wrote:
>> This show, life on our planet, has so much work done on it and it yet it
>> has so many errors and inacuracies it makes me crazy to watch it.
>>
>> The ground zero 90° hit by the KT asteroid was like the final staw for
>> me. That and a T-Rex hunting like a lion and then growling? I mean
>> REALLY. Any preditor can't growl when hunting or it gives its position
>> away. And the three stuges act by the chicks... it is all so over the
>> top and consistantly wrong in the details.
>>
>> And there is nothing new in it The latest releases of work give a much
>> clearer picture of many life epics of late. I don't know why this work
>> is so lacking and so poorly done.
> I don't know what video you're talking about, but I don't need to. Even
> PBS' "Nova" presentations are often very disappointing and sometimes
> almost incoherent, even when they present knowledgeable experts as
> part of the program. Apparently the experts aren't consulted before the
> show is released.

supposefly they hired a bunch of them

https://www.palaeocast.com/life-on-our-planet/

Re: anyone watching this netflix video on life?

<990a0bf3-abb8-47fe-888d-6aeb61829590n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=6236&group=sci.bio.paleontology#6236

Newsgroups: sci.bio.paleontology
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2023 06:42:12 -0800 (PST)
From: thesightreader@gmail.com (Sight Reader)
 by: Sight Reader - Fri, 10 Nov 2023 14:42 UTC

On Thursday, November 9, 2023 at 11:12:38 PM UTC-7, Popping Mad wrote:
> On 11/9/23 11:07, erik simpson wrote:
> > On Thursday, November 9, 2023 at 3:50:03 AM UTC-8, Popping Mad wrote:
> >> This show, life on our planet, has so much work done on it and it yet it
> >> has so many errors and inacuracies it makes me crazy to watch it.
> >>
> >> The ground zero 90° hit by the KT asteroid was like the final staw for
> >> me. That and a T-Rex hunting like a lion and then growling? I mean
> >> REALLY. Any preditor can't growl when hunting or it gives its position
> >> away. And the three stuges act by the chicks... it is all so over the
> >> top and consistantly wrong in the details.
> >>
> >> And there is nothing new in it The latest releases of work give a much
> >> clearer picture of many life epics of late. I don't know why this work
> >> is so lacking and so poorly done.
> > I don't know what video you're talking about, but I don't need to. Even
> > PBS' "Nova" presentations are often very disappointing and sometimes
> > almost incoherent, even when they present knowledgeable experts as
> > part of the program. Apparently the experts aren't consulted before the
> > show is released.
> supposefly they hired a bunch of them
>

> https://www.palaeocast.com/life-on-our-planet/

… then probably overrode their input, lol…

Re: anyone watching this netflix video on life?

<61563243-69ea-465e-883a-c9a4126061bdn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/tech/article-flat.php?id=6237&group=sci.bio.paleontology#6237

Newsgroups: sci.bio.paleontology
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2023 06:47:50 -0800 (PST)
From: thesightreader@gmail.com (Sight Reader)
 by: Sight Reader - Fri, 10 Nov 2023 14:47 UTC

On Friday, November 10, 2023 at 7:42:13 AM UTC-7, Sight Reader wrote:
> On Thursday, November 9, 2023 at 11:12:38 PM UTC-7, Popping Mad wrote:

> > > I don't know what video you're talking about, but I don't need to. Even
> > > PBS' "Nova" presentations are often very disappointing and sometimes
> > > almost incoherent, even when they present knowledgeable experts as
> > > part of the program. Apparently the experts aren't consulted before the
> > > show is released.
> > supposefly they hired a bunch of them
> >

> > https://www.palaeocast.com/life-on-our-planet/
> … then probably overrode their input, lol…

I did like Season 2 of Prehistoric Planet (Apple TV). Not only is the CGI far better, but they greatly toned down the overclaims and wild speculation from Season 1 and discovered it’s still possible to be dramatic simply sticking to things that are likely. I’m no expert but I still raised an eyebrow a few times every episode, but I still found it enjoyable..